Current Affairs 19 August 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 18 August 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 18, 2020
- Name the e-portal launched on tribal health and nutrition.
- After the success of Project Tiger, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the launch of which 2 projects on the occasion of 74th Independence Day?
A) Project Lion and Project Dolphin
B) Project Whale and Project Dolphin
C) Project Cow and Project Dolphin
D) Project Lion and Project Cow
- Across which river in Manipur is the Indian Railways constructing world’s tallest pier bridge?
- Which state government launched a special scheme Padhai Tuhar Para Scheme (Education up to your locality) to enable students study in their own neighbourhoods as classes have been suspended?
- Which state government launched COVID Patient Management System under which the family members of patients will be able to know the status of their patient?
C) Tamil Nadu
D) West Bengal
- Which state government announced renaming of one of the state’s expressway to Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Progressway?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
D) Himachal Pradesh
- Which railway station in Uttar Pradesh has been renamed as ‘Banaras’ which means ‘bana rahe ras’?
A) Manduadih railway station
B) Sarnath Railway Station
C) Jhinjhak Railway Station
D) Kakori Railway Station
- Which institute has developed an e-classroom software called “DEEKSHAK” for organizations to conduct online classes?
A) IIT Ranchi
B) IIT Kharagpur
C) IIT Bombay
D) IIT Roorkee
- Navy Ship BNS Sangram, a guided missile stealth corvette, of which country visited Mormugao Port, Goa in August 2020?
B) Sri Lanka
- Which drugs manufacturer launched Remdesivir under the brand name Remdac as the “Most Affordable” COVID-19 Drug to treat the patients?
A) Divis Laboratories
C) Zydus Cadila
D) Sun Pharmaceutical
- How much Innovation Challenge Fund has been launched by the UK government in India to support research and development (R&D) proposals to tackle the challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic?
- Which company has partnered with the Central Water Commission (CWC) for flood forecasting initiative across the country?
- Which general insurance company has partnered with BSE Ebix Insurance Broking Private Limited (BSE Ebix) to offer former’s Corona Kavach policy to cover COVID-19 related hospitalization expenses through BSE Ebix?
A) Shriram General Insurance Company
B) TATA AIG General Insurance
C) Universal Sompo General Insurance
D) Royal Sundaram General Insurance
- Which sport organization in India has partnered with Sports Authority of India to launch E-Pathshala, a web platform to recognise the creativity and develop interest in the sport?
A) All India Football Federation
B) All India Tennis Association
C) Athletics Federation of India
D) All India Chess Federation
- Who has been appointed as the Director General of Border Security Force, BSF?
A) Suresh Nagpal
B) Rakesh Asthana
C) GD Bakshi
D) V S K Kaumudi
- Which state/UT government has awarded Chief Minister’s special award to Soumya Swaminathan, Chief Scientist of World Health Organisation, in recognition of her advisory role in combating the COVID-19 pandemic in the state?
B) Tamil Nadu
C) New Delhi
- Who has been conferred with the Dasaradhi Award for 2020 by the Telangana Government?
C) Andhra Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
- Who has authored the book titled “Full Spectrum: India’s Wars, 1972-2020”?
A) Ravikant Mishra
B) Suresh Tiwari
C) Bhupinder Singh Mann
D) Arjun Subramaniam
- Nishikant Kamat who passed away recently was related to which profession?
- Padma Vibhushan Pandit Jasraj who passed away in August 2020 was related to which of the following?
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of All India Football Federation situated?
C) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Sports Authority of India situated?
A) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Universal Sompo General Insurance Company situated?
B) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Border Security Force situated?
D) New Delhi