Current Affairs 19 January 2021 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 18 January 2021 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of January 18, 2021
- In January 2021, which ministry launched month-long mass awareness campaign ‘SAKSHAM’ in New Delhi?
A) Ministry of Rural Development
B) Ministry of Labour and Employment
C) Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
D) Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
- What is the corpus for ‘Startup India Seed Fund’ launched at the ‘Prarambh: Startup India International Summit’ to support startups and help budding entrepreneurs pursue innovative ideas?
A) Rs 3,000-crore
B) Rs 5,000-crore
C) Rs 2,000-crore
D) Rs 1,000-crore
- Which state government launched ‘One School One IAS’ scheme to provide free coaching for civil services and other competitive examinations to 10,000 meritorious but financially weak students across the state?
D) Madhya Pradesh
- How much percent of the electronic-waste did India generate in the year 2019 as per a recent report by the Central Pollution Control Board?
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off eight trains connecting different parts of the country to Kevadia in Gujarat. To which of the following city any such train is not flagged off?
- Which country has permitted Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum and five other members of their family to hunt Houbara Bustard during the 2020-21 hunting season?
- US has designated which country along with UAE as its major strategic partner?
D) Saudi Arabia
- Which company recently has become a signatory to Climate Action 100+, which drives focus on clean energy transition and helps achieve the Paris Agreement’s goals?
A) Baroda Asset Management Company
B) ICICI Asset Management Company
C) Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company
D) Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company
- Who is one of the elected vice-chairman of US-India Business Council (USIBC)?
A) Leena Tewari
B) Roshni Nadar
C) Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
D) Indra Nooyi
- Which state/UT government has chosen “bicycle girl” Jyoti Kumari, who had pedalled 1,200 km from Gurugram to Darbhanga taking her injured father on the rear carrier during the nationwide lockdown, as the Brand Ambassador for an anti-drug abuse programme?
A) Uttar Pradesh
- Who received the ‘Indian Personality of the Year’ award at the opening ceremony of the 51st edition of International Film Festival of India (IFFI)?
A) Biswajit Chatterjee
B) Satyajit Ray
C) Ivan Passer
D) Sushant Singh Rajput
- Which space agency carried out the eighth and final test in its “Green Run” test series termed “hot fire”?
B) European Space Agency
C) Indian Space Research Organisation
D) National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- K.G. Shankar who passed away was related with which profession?
- Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan who passed away was related to which of the following?
A) Tabla Player
B) Classical Music
C) Instrumental Music
D) Music Composer
- Where in Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, Union Minister Harsh Vardhan commissioned two of the ten indigenously built Doppler weather radars to monitor weather changes over the Himalayas?
A) Nainital and Shimla
B) Haldwani and Mandi
C) Kashipur and Manali
D) Mukteshwar and Kufri
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of US-India Business Council (USIBC) located?
B) New York
D) Washington DC