Current Affairs 19 and 20 October 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 18 and 19 October 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of October 18 and 19, 2020
- According to a study published in the Lancet journal, which state/UT in India has the highest life expectancy rate?
B) Uttar Pradesh
C) Madya Pradesh
D) Jammu and Kashmir
- Which state launched a ‘Hath dhona, Roke corona’ campaign on the occasion of the Global Handwashing Day emphasising upon the sanitation practice of hand washing?
B) Uttar Pradesh
- What is the rank of India in the Global Hunger Index (GHI) 2020?
- India and which country unveiled plans for a joint thrust in the e-health sector, with the aim of providing digital health facilities and security to every Indian?
- Where did the annual Indian Navy (IN) – Sri Lanka Navy (SLN) bilateral maritime exercise SLINEX-20 held?
A) Uppuveli Coast
B) Mirissa Coast
C) Trincomalee Coast
D) Hiriketiya Coast
- Tata Motors has parterned with which bank for financing of its passenger vehicles launching schemes ‘Gradual Step Up Scheme’ and ‘TML Flexi Drive Scheme’?
A) ICICI Bank
B) South Indian Bank
C) HDFC Bank
D) IndusInd Bank
- Who won the gold medal in the Sheikh Russel International Air Rifle Championship, held virtually?
A) Elavenil Valarivan
B) Manu Bhaker
C) Mehuli Ghosh
D) Apurvi Chandela
- Which team won the I-League 2019-20 trophy?
A) East Bengal
B) Kerala Blasters
C) Bengaluru FC
D) Mohun Bagan
- Who won the women’s single title of the Denmark Open?
A) Carolina Marin
B) Sayaka Hirota
C) Nozomi Okuhara
D) Yuki Fukushima
- Umar Gul, cricketer from which country announced his retirement from all forms of cricket?
- Ajay Kumar Bhalla, secretary under which ministry got extension of his service till 22nd August, 2021?
A) Home Ministry
B) Ministry of External Affairs
C) Education Ministry
D) Science and Development Ministry
- Who has been elected unopposed as the new president of Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA)?
A) Vikas Sethi
B) Rohan Jaitley
C) Rahul Goswami
D) Suresh Mehta
- Jacinda Ardern won a second term as Prime Minister of which country?
A) New Zealand
- Who has been elected as President of the Editors Guild of India announced by the top body of editorial leaders?
A) Sheetal Nath
B) Bhavna Setia
C) Reema Juneja
D) Seema Mustafa
- Who has been elected as the chairman of Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) for the term 2020-21?
A) Dinesh Kumar Khara
B) Preetam Singh Chadha
C) Rajkiran Rai G
D) Suresh Chand Mittal
- Aishwarya Sridhar who became the first Indian woman to win the Wildlife Photographer of the Year award, won the award of her photograph titled what?
A) Snow Exposure
B) Face of Deception
C) Lights of Passion
D) The Moment
- In October 2020, India successfully conducted a night trial of the indigenously developed nuclear-capable which missile as part of a user trial by the Army from a test range in Odisha?
- BRAHMOS, the supersonic cruise missile was successfully test fired from Indian Navy’s which indigenously-built stealth destroyer?
A) INS Kochi
B) INS Kolkata
C) INS Mysore
D) INS Chennai
- Shri Puliyur Subramaniam Narayanaswamy who passed away was related to which type of music?
- Who is the author of the book titled “On the Trail of Buddha: A Journey to the East”?
A) Deepankar Aron
B) Vikram Seth
C) Durjoy Datta
D) Upamanyu Chatterjee
- What is the theme of International Day for the Eradication of Poverty 2020?
A) Acting together to achieve social and environmental justice for all
B) Acting together to empower children, their families and communities to end poverty
C) Coming together with those furthest behind to build an inclusive world of universal respect for human rights
D) Answering the Call of October 17 to end poverty: A path toward peaceful and inclusive societies
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Indian Banks’ Association situated?
- Where is the HQ of Editors Guild of India situated?
A) New Delhi