Current Affairs 2 August 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 1 August 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 1, 2020
- In July 2020, the government unveiled the new National Education Policy (NEP) to introduce several changes to the India Education System. Which policy will it replace?
A) National Policy on Education 1986
B) National Policy on Education 1987
C) National Policy on Education 1983
D) National Policy on Education 1990
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with his counterpart Pravind Jugnauth inaugurated which countries’ new Supreme Court building which has been constructed with Indian assistance.
D) Sri Lanka
- SABIC polycarbonate facility of which country is set to become world’s first-of-its-kind to operate on 100 per cent renewable power?
- Which of the following has developed ‘Aashray’, the medical bed isolation system to combat Covid-19 by minimizing the spread of the disease?
A) Department of Science and Technology
B) IIT Madras
C) Defence Institute of Advanced Technology
D) AIIMS Delhi
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has partnered with whom to launch a portal to help Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)?
B) CARE Ratings
D) TransUnion Cibil
- Which space agency with United Launch Alliance (ULA) has launched Mars 2020 Perseverance Rover Mission to Red Planet?
A) Space X
- Under which country’s presidency was the 6th BRICS Environment Ministers’ Meeting held virtually in July 2020?
C) South Africa
- Which country launched underground ballistic missiles as part of an exercise “Great Prophet 14”?
- Which bank has launched a special two-month campaign called Kona Kona Umeed with offers and discounts across its suite of products, including for loans, savings accounts, etc.?
A) Federal Bank
B) Kotak Mahindra Bank
C) Yes Bank
D) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
- Which fintech company has launched personal UPI payment link mpay.me, a UPI payment link service?
- Which financial products and services company partnered with Fiserv Technology to enable the digitization of their end-to-end card issuance and processing cycle?
A) AllBank Finance Limited
B) BOB Financial Solutions Limited
C) IFCI Financial Services Limited
D) J P Financial and Investment Services
- Reliance Power and JERA signed an agreement with a group of banks for their new gas-fired thermal power generation project in Bangladesh in August 2020. Where is JERA situated?
- Who defeated Indian Grandmaster P Harikrishna in the rapid section of the 53rd Biel International Chess Festival in Switzerland to win the same?
A) Ding Liren
B) Alexander Grischuk
C) Radoslaw Wojtaszek
D) Magnus Carlsen
- Hardik Satishchandra Shah was being appointed as the Private Secretary (PS) to whom?
A) Ram Nath Kovind
B) M. Venkaiah Naidu
C) Om Birla
D) Narendra Modi
- Hamed Bakayoko has been named as the Prime Minister of which country?
B) Ivory Coast
D) Czech Republic
- Which of the ministries under the govt. of India won the SKOCH Gold Award for its one of the projects?
A) Ministry of Agriculture
B) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
C) Ministry of Commerce an Industry
D) Ministry of Consumer Affairs
- Amar Singh passed away after a prolonged illness. What was his profession?
- Anil Murali passed away due to liver related ailments. What was his profession?
- Former President Lee Teng-hui of which country passed away recently?
C) Hong Kong
- England beat which country to win the Wisden Trophy by 2-1?
C) West Indies
D) South Africa
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Fiserv Technology situated?
- Where is the HQ of Kotak Mahindra Bank situated?
- Where is the HQ of MobiKwik situated?
- Where is the HQ of SIDBI situated?
- Where is the HQ of TransUnion CIBIL situated?