Current Affairs 2 February 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 1 February 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of February 1, 2019
- Recently,RBI has exempted Bank of india,Bank of Maharashtra and which other bank from PCAF(Prompt Corrective Action Framework)?
A)Indian Overseas Bank
C)Bank of Baroda
D)Oriental Bank of Commerce
Explanation: RBI has exempted Bank Of india,Bank of Maharashtra and Oriental bank of Commerce from PCAF(Prompt Corrective Action Framework) following improvements in their capital position and asset quality in the December 2018 quarter.
- Recently,government renamed the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion(DIPP) to which name?
A)Department for Industry and Foreign Trade
B)Department for Policy and Trade
C)Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
D)Department for Promotion of Trading and Policy
Explanation: The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion(DIPP) has been renamed s the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade with a mandate to deal with matters related to startups, facilitating ease of doing business among others.
- Which state government a rural development scheme “Smart Village Campaign”?
Explanation: The Punjab Government approved a rural development scheme “Smart Village Campaign” worth Rs 384.40 crore worth to supplement the ongoing works to build village infrastructure and provide essential amenities.
- The International Year of the Periodic Table of Chemical Elements has been launched in which city?
Explanation: The International Year of the Periodic Table of Chemical Elements will be launched at UNESCO’s Headquarters Paris.
- Which bank has launched “Kisan Suvidha Loan” for small and marginal farmers.?
A)Airtel Payments Bank
B)Fincare Small Finance Bank
C)Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
D)Paytm Payments Bank
Explanation: Ujjivan Small Finance Bank(SFB) has announced the launch of “Kisan Suvidha Loan” for small and marginal farmers. The collateral-free loans can be used by farmers for both agriculture and allied activities.
- Which company has acquired “NightStay”?
A)Make My Trip
Explanation: Paytm has launched hotel bookings on its platform and acquire NightStay, which offers deals on last-minute bookings at luxury hotels
- According to National Sample Survey Office(NSSO) ,India’s unemployment rate has rose to how much percent during 2017-18?
Explanation: India’s unemployment rate rose to a 45 year high during 2017-18. The assessment by the National Sample Survey Office(NSSO) conducted between July 2017-June 2018, showed the unemployment rate stood at 6.1 percent, the highest since 1972-73.
- In which country, 13th edition of Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 will be played?
Explanation: International Cricket Council CEO Dave Richardson announced that the 13th edition of Men’s Cricket World Cup will be played in India in 2023.
- Which company has been roped in as official sponsor for five years by International Cricket Council?
Explanation: The ICC announced a five year global partnership deal with beverage manufacturer Coca-Cola company.
- Who became the first ever women cricketer to play 200 one day internationals?
Explanation: Mithali Raj became the first ever women cricketer to play 200 one day internationals.
- Who won the 4th edition of the Pro Wrestling League ?
Explanation: Haryana Hammers won the 4th edition of the Pro Wrestling League as they outclassed Punjab Royals 6-3 in the summit clash at the Gautam Buddha University Indoor Stadium in Greater Noida.
- Who has been elected as the new chairman of Broadcast Audience Research Council of India(BARC)?
B)Vidya Nath Singh
Explanation: The MD and CEO of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL), Punit Goenka has been elected as the new chairman of Broadcast Audience Research Council of India(BARC).
- Who was given as additional charge as Secretary of Civil Aviation Ministry?
Explanation: The government gave senior bureaucrat Ramesh Abhishek additional charge as Secretary of Civil Aviation Ministry.
- Recently,Dara Dotiwalla passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Former umpire Dara Dotiwalla, who officiated in the famous tied Test match between India and Australia in 1986 at Chennai, passed away.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Broadcast Audience Research Council ?
- Where is the HQ of ICC?
- Where is the HQ of Paytm?
One Thought to “Current Affairs Quiz: February 2, 2019”
Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I?ll be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.