Current Affairs 2 February 2021 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 1 February 2021 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of February 1, 2021
- What is the theme of the 2021 World Leprosy day?
A) Zero Disabilities in Girls and Boys
B) Leprosy isn’t what you think
C) Ending discrimination, stigma and prejudice
D) Beat Leprosy, End Stigma and Advocate for Mental Well-Being
World Leprosy Day is observed on the last Sunday in January to increase the public awareness of Leprosy or Hansen’s Disease. In 2021, the day is falling on January 31.
The theme of the 2021 World Leprosy day is “Beat Leprosy, End Stigma and Advocate for Mental Well-Being”.
- Paul J. Crutzen who passed away recently won Nobel Prize in which of the following?
The Nobel Prize-winning chemist Paul J. Crutzen, has passed away. He was 87.
- Cloris Leachman who passed away belonged to which profession?
Oscar winner and multiple Emmy-winning actor Cloris Leachman has passed away. She was 94.
- Guitarist and founding member of The Animals, Hilton Valentine who passed away hailed from which country?
Guitarist and founding member of The Animals, Hilton Valentine has died. He was 77.
- Where was the Indian Naval Fast Attack Craft (IN FAC) T-81 of the Super Dvora MK II class decommissioned?
Indian Naval Fast Attack Craft (IN FAC) T-81 of the Super Dvora MK II class, was decommissioned on 28 January 2021 at Naval Dockyard, Mumbai after having served the nation successfully for more than 20 years.
- Which institute has developed a satellite named ‘SriShakthiSat’ that could perform all Internet of Things (IoT) right from detecting an underground pipeline leakage to fire in forest or multi-storeyed buildings, going to be launched by ISRO?
A) Mount Zion College of Engineering and Technology
B) Sri Shakthi Institute of Engineering and Technology
C) KPR Institute of Engineering and Technology
D) Indra Ganesan College of Engineering
A private engineering college in the city has designed and developed a satellite that could perform all Internet of Things (IoT) right from detecting an underground pipeline leakage to fire in forest or multi-storeyed buildings.
Named SriShakthiSat, the satellite is developed by the Sri Shakthi Institute of Engineering and Technology at Chinniyampalayam, Coimbatore.
The Indian Space Research Organization (Isro) is expected to launch this satellite, along with two other satellites built by JPR Institute of Technology in Chennai and GH Raisoni College of Engineering at Ahmednagar in Maharashtra, through PSLV-C51 from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota on February 28.
- Sylvestre Ilunga Ilunkamba, prime minister of which country resigned?
A) Central African Republic
B) Marshall Islands
D) Democratic Republic of the Congo
Sylvestre Ilunga Ilunkamba, prime minister of the Democratic Republic of the Congo has resigned, a move that will enable President Felix Tshisekedi to appoint his own prime minister supported by a new parliamentary majority.
- Who has been unanimously elected as the President of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC)?
A) Jay Shah
B) Najmul Hasan Papon
C) Sourav Ganguly
D) Rajeev Shukla
The Board of Control for Cricket in India’s (BCCI) Secretary Jay Shah was unanimously elected as the President of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC). Shah replaces Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) chief Najmul Hasan Papon.
- Who has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer of the National Health Authority (NHA)?
A) Madhukar Verma
B) Ram Sewak Sharma
C) Bhushan Pandey
D) Krishan Kumar Sarat
Senior bureaucrat and former TRAI chairman Ram Sewak Sharma is the new Chief Executive Officer of the National Health Authority (NHA), an autonomous body which is responsible for implementing India’s $1.43 billion public health insurance / assurance scheme Ayushman-Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojaya (AB-PMJAY). Sharma succeeds Indu Bhushan as his three-year-term comes to an end in January 2021.
- Which Metro has become the first metro in the country to use ultraviolet (UV) rays to sanitise train coaches?
A) Bengaluru Metro
B) Delhi Metro
C) Lucknow Metro
D) Mumbai Metro
The Lucknow Metro has become the first metro in the country to use ultraviolet (UV) rays to sanitise train coaches.
- ow much amount has been approved as additional central assistance under the National Disaster Response Fund, NDRF to five states – Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Odisha, Telangana and Uttar Pradesh, which were affected by floods?
A) Rs 1751 cr
B) Rs 1491 cr
C) Rs 1271 cr
D) Rs 1821 cr
The High-Level Committee under the Chairmanship of Home Minister Amit Shah approved Additional Central Assistance of over 1751 crore rupees under the National Disaster Response Fund, NDRF to five states, which were affected by floods, landslides during South-West Monsoon-2020 and hailstorm during Rabi 2019-20.
For floods and landslides during South-West Monsoon-2020, over 437 crore rupees were approved for Assam, over 75 crore rupees to Arunachal Pradesh, nearly 321 crore to Odisha, nearly 246 crore rupees to Telangana and over 386 crore rupees to Uttar Pradesh.
For hailstorm during Rabi 2019-20, over 285 crore rupees to Uttar Pradesh has been approved
- Worth how much MoU is signed between the Government of India and the World Bank for US dollar Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States Programme (STARS) to improve the quality and governance of school education in six Indian states?
A) $300 million
B) $200 million
C) $400 million
D) $500 million
The Government of India and the World Bank signed a 500-million US dollar Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States Programme (STARS) to improve the quality and governance of school education in six Indian states.
These include Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Rajasthan.
- Singapore-based neobanking startup StashFin signed agreement with which bank to launch their co-branded contactless prepaid cards?
A) HSBC Bank
B) SBM Bank
C) DBS Bank
D) Deutsche Bank
Singapore-based neobanking startup StashFin and SBM Bank India announced the launch of their co-branded contactless prepaid cards.
- According to the report ‘World Economic Situation and prospects 2021’ released by the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Bangladesh’s GDP growth rate fell to what percent in 2020?
According to the report ‘World Economic Situation and prospects 2021’, the GDP growth rate in Bangladesh fell to 0.5 percent in the calendar year 2020 as compared to 8.4 percent in the year 2019 due to the impact of Covid 19 pandemic.
A growth rate of 6.9 percent for South Asia in 2021 and the regional economic growth is forecast at 5.3 percent for 2022.
- As per National Statistical Office (NSO), India’s GDP growth for FY20 is revised downwards to what percent?
The statistics office revised the growth rate for India’s gross domestic product (GDP) for fiscal 2020 to 4% from 4.2% earlier. However, the growth estimate for FY19, was raised to 6.5% from 6.1%. As per the estimates, the savings rate rose in the last two years.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs situated?
A) Dubai, UAE
B) Manila, Philippines
C) New York, USA
D) Bern, Switzerland
- Where is the HQ of Asian Cricket Council situated?
A) Colombo, Sri Lanka
B) Bangkok, Thailand
C) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
D) Manila, Philippines
5 Thoughts to “Current Affairs Quiz: February 2, 2021”
Thanks , I have just been looking for info about this topic for ages and yours is the best I’ve discovered so far. But, what about the conclusion? Are you sure about the source?
One thing I would like to touch upon is that fat burning plan fast may be possible by the suitable diet and exercise. An individual’s size not just affects the look, but also the quality of life. Self-esteem, depressive disorders, health risks, and physical capabilities are afflicted in an increase in weight. It is possible to make everything right and at the same time having a gain. If this happens, a medical problem may be the culprit. While an excessive amount food and never enough physical exercise are usually guilty, common health conditions and trusted prescriptions can easily greatly increase size. Kudos for your post right here.JJ’s Ducted Gas Heating Repairs and Installation 162 Mitchell Rd, Lilydale VIC 3140 0412 531 821
Thank you for another informative website. Where else could I get that type of info written in such a perfect way? I’ve a project that I am just now working on, and I’ve been on the look out for such information.
After research a couple of of the weblog posts in your web site now, and I actually like your manner of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website record and will likely be checking back soon. Pls try my website as well and let me know what you think.
Hi my friend! I wish to say that this article is awesome, nice written and include almost all significant infos. I?d like to see more posts like this.