Current Affairs 2 November 2017 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 1 Novemberber 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of November 01, 2017
- The Global Clubfoot Conference has been inaugurated in which of the given cities on November 1, 2017?
A) New Delhi
Explanation: The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the Global Clubfoot Conference being organised by the CURE India in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, in New Delhi.
- The Ministry of Finance has increased the maximum age of joining the National Pension System (NPS) from 60 years to ________.
Explanation: The Ministry of Finance increased the maximum age of joining the National Pension System (NPS) from the existing 60 years to 65 years under NPS – Private Sector (i.e. all citizen and corporate model).
- Which state government has recently announced lifetime monthly pension to the Hindi ‘satyagrahis’ and hiked financial assistance to veterans of the Second World War (WW-II) and their widows?
A) Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: The Haryana government announced lifetime monthly pension to the Hindi ‘satyagrahis’ and those from the state who were jailed during the Emergency in 1975, hiked financial assistance to veterans of the Second World War (WW-II) and their widows, and provide 10-hour power supply to the agriculture sector.
- Haryana government has announced to provide ___________ hours power supply to agriculture sector from November 1, 2017.
- India’s first conservation reserve for black buck will be established in which state?
A) Pune, Maharashtra
B) Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
C) Kolkata, West Bengal
D) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: Uttar Pradesh cabinet decided to make India’s first conservation reserve for black buck in Allahabad’s Meja. It is believed that the decision taken for protection of black deer will also help in wooing tourists there.
- Assam government has signed MoUs with which of the given countries on November 1, 2017 for skilling youth of the state? A) UAE
D) United States
Explanation: Assam government signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) and Terms of Reference (ToR) with Singapore for skilling youth of the state. An MoU for Guwahati City Greening was inked between the Guwahati Metropolitan Development Authority and Singapore Corporation Enterprise.
- Name the 14-day joint military exercise to be held between Indian and Kazakhstan armies from November 2, 2017.
A) Shatrujeet 2017
B) Emerald Mercury 2017
C) Nomadic Elephant 2017
D) Prabal Dostyk 2017
Explanation: Troops of Indian and Kazakhstan armies will engage in a 14-day joint exercise ‘Prabal Dostyk 2017’ from November 2 in Bakloh belt of Himachal Pradesh to strengthen bilateral relations and exchange skills and experiences.
- The finance ministry has approved the Special Banking Arrangement (SBA) of Rs ________ crore for payment of outstanding claims towards fertiliser subsidy in 2016-17.
Explanation: The government gave ex-post facto clearance to implementation of the Special Banking Arrangement (SBA) of Rs10,000 crore for payment of outstanding claims towards fertiliser subsidy in 2016-17.
- The gate number 2 of the Feroz Shah Kotla ground has been named after which cricketer by the Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) on November 1, 2017?
A) Virat Kohli
B) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
C) Virendra Sehwag
D) Yuvraj Singh
Explanation: The Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) has named a gate of the Feroz Shah Kotla ground after former India opener Virender Sehwag. The Gate No. 2 of the stadium, in Delhi, was named as the ‘Virender Sehwag Gate’.
- Who among the given players has become the top ranked bowler in the latest ICC T20I Player Rankings released on November 1, 2017?
A) Jasprit Bumrah
B) Imad Wasim
C) Samuel Badree
D) Rashid Khan
Explanation: Indian fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah became the number one bowler in the latest ICC T20I rankings Player Rankings. He has regained the T20I top spot pushing aside Pakistan spinner Imad Wasim.
- Which country will host the 2018 Asian Cricket Council (ACC) Emerging Nations Cup?
Explanation: Pakistan will host the next Asian Cricket Council (ACC) Emerging Nations Cup in April 2018 and PCB chairman Najam Sethi hoped that India would send its team for the event.
- Roger Federer defeated which of the given players to win his eighth Basel crown on October 29, 2017?
A) Novak Djokovic
B) Juan Martin
C) Rafael Nadal
D) Andy Murray
Explanation: Federer won his eighth Basel title, after defeating Juan Martin del Potro, 6-7(5), 6-4, 6-3 to clinch his ATP World Tour-leading seventh title of the year.
- Which country is set to become the first Asian city to host the Gay Games?
A) Hong Kong
Explanation: Hong Kong is set to become the first Asian city to host the Gay Games, after it won the right to host the Games in 2022, beating the likes of Mexico’s Guadalajara and Washington DC.
- Martina Hingis who announced her retirement recently was associated with which sports?
Explanation: 25-time Grand Slam champion Martina Hingis has announced her retirement from professional tennis at the conclusion of the BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore.
- Who has been appointed as the Chief Financial Officer of the Paytm Payments Bank (PPB)?
A) Hemant Mishra
B) Vijay Shekhar Sharma
C) Renu Satti
D) Sudhanshu Jain
Explanation: Paytm Payments Bank (PPB) has appointed former ICICI Bank executive, Sudhanshu Jain as its Chief Financial Officer. He will play a key role in overseeing its finances and expansion plans.
- Name the newly appointed director general of the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
A) P. Chidambaram
B) Yogesh Chander Modi
C) Sharad Kumar
D) Radha Vinod Raju
Explanation: Yogesh Chander Modi, a 1984-batch Assam-Meghalaya cadre IPS officer, took over the charge of the country’s premier anti-terror organisation — the National Investigation Agency (NIA) — as its new Director-General. Mr. Modi succeeds Sharad Kumar.
- Who has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer of the Bharti AXA Life Insurance?
A) Sapna Rekha
B) Sandeep Ghosh
C) Sam Ghosh
D) Vikas Seth
Explanation: Bharti AXA Life Insurance, a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and AXA, has appointed Vikas Seth as Chief Executive Officer.
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- Feroz Shah Kotla Ground is located in which city?
D) New Delhi
Explanation: The Feroz Shah Kotla Ground is a cricket ground located at Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi. It was established in 1883 and is the second oldest international cricket stadium still functional in India, after the Eden Gardens in Kolkata
- What is the currency of Kazakhstan?
A) Kazakhstani Ruble
B) Kazakhstani Manat
C) Kazakhstani Tenge
D) Kazakhstani Som
- Who is the Chairman of the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA)?
A) Sushil Kaura
B) Ajay Tamta
C) Vimal Kumar Varun
D) Hemant G. Contractor
3 Thoughts to “Current Affairs Quiz: November 02, 2017”
Thanku subhra mam..