Current Affairs 2 October 2021 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 1 October 2021 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of October 1, 2021
- Which Ministry has increased the income limit of disabled dependents for family pension?
A) Ministry of Defence
B) Ministry of Home Affairs
C) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
D) Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Explanation: The Ministry of Defence has enhanced the income criteria for grant of family pension to deceased pensioners’ children or siblings with a permanent mental or physical disability. dependents are eligible “if their overall monthly income from sources other than family pension is not more than ₹9,000/– along with dearness relief thereon.”
- How much amount Central Government will borrow in the second half of the current fiscal?
A) Rs 5.06 lakh crore
B) Rs 5.03 lakh crore
C) Rs 5.04 lakh crore
D) Rs 5.05 lakh crore
Explanation: The government will borrow Rs 5.03 lakh crore in the second half of the current fiscal in line with the estimate presented in the Budget for the fiscal year, a move that experts said move would cool yields.
- Where has ‘three-day Festival of Dance and Music (Nata Sankirtana) been organized?
Explanation: The Jawaharlal Nehru Manipur Dance Academy, Imphal announced that it is going to organise a ‘three-day Festival of Dance and Music (Nata Sankirtana) from September 28 to 30 at the Academy Mandap.
- When will a nationwide month-long Clean India Programme be organized by Sports Ministry?
A) Oct 1-15
B) Oct 1-31
C) Oct 7-15
D) Oct 7-31
Explanation: Sports Minister Anurag Thakur will launch a nationwide month-long Clean India Programme from Prayagraj in Uttar Pradesh to encourage people’s participation in cleaning waste, mainly single use plastic. cleanliness drive, to be organised by the sports ministry, is being taken up as part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav and will run from October 1 to 31.
- How much amount has been sanctioned by Central Government to ‘PM Poshan’ scheme for providing cooked meals to school kids?
A) Rs 31,733.17 crore
B) Rs 35,733.16 crore
C) Rs 54061.73 crores
D) Rs 57061.73 crores
Explanation: The Union Cabinet approved the roll-out of the ‘PM POSHAN in Schools’ scheme for the five years, from 2021-22 to 2025-26, with a financial outlay of Rs 54061.73 crores from the central government and Rs 31,733.17 crore from the state governments and union territory administrations.
- Which bank has been removed by RBI from Prompt Corrective Action framework?
A) Indian Bank
B) Indian Overseas Bank
C) United Bank of India
D) Central Bank Of India
Explanation: The Reserve Bank removed Indian Overseas Bank from the Prompt Corrective Action Framework (PCAF), following improvement in various parameters and a written commitment that the state-owned lender will comply with the minimum capital norms.
- Which Life Insurance Company has tied up with Practo for online medical consultation for customers?
A) Tata AIA Life Insurance
C) Max Life Insurance Company
D) SBI life insurance
Explanation: Tata AIA Life Insurance said it has tied up with integrated healthcare company Practo for online medical consultation for its customers
- Who has been appointed Chairman of expert committee for development of sustainable finance hub constituted by IFSCA?
A) CK Mishra
B) Arvind Kumar
C) AP Mohanty
D) Vishal Saxena
Explanation: Gift city regulator International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) constituted an Expert Committee to recommend approach towards development of Sustainable Finance Hub and provide road map for the same. expert committee will be chaired by CK Mishra, former Secretary to Government of India, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
- Which food major company has tied up with Accenture to accelerate its digital transformation
Explanation: Packaged-food major Britannia Industries has collaborated with the global IT and professional services company Accenture to accelerate its digital transformation across multiple retail channels
- Which IT Company has signed a 5-year IT transformation deal with German bank NORD/LB?
D) None of these
Explanation: IT services major Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has been selected by NORD/LB, a leading German commercial bank, as its strategic partner for its IT transformation. The financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
- Recently Sportsperson Rupinder Pal Singh has announced retirement. He belongs to which sport?
Explanation: Drag-flicker Rupinder Pal Singh, who played a starring role in the Indian hockey team’s historic bronze-winning Tokyo Olympics campaign, announced his international retirement with immediate effect “to make way for youngsters”.
- Which Actor has been appointed brand ambassador for NBA in India?
A) Ranbir Kapoor
B) Ranveer Singh
C) Varun Dhawan
D) Arjun Kapoor
Explanation: The National Basketball Association (NBA) named Bollywood star Ranveer Singh the NBA Brand Ambassador for India.
- Govt has extended additional charge of PK Purwar as MTNL CMD by which date?
A) Nov 2021
B) march 2022
C) June 2022
D) Oct 2022
Explanation: he Appointments Committee of the Cabinet extended the additional charge of PK Purwar as chairman and managing director of loss-making telecom firm MTNL for a period of one year.
- Govt has extended Mangu Singh’s tenure as DMRC MD extended till which date?
A) Dec 31, 2021
B) March 31,2022
C) June 30, 2022
D) Sept 30, 2022
Explanation: The government has extended the tenure of Mangu Singh as the managing director of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation till March 31, 2022, according to an official order issued
- Which country has claimed successful test of a hypersonic missile?
B) South Korea
C) North Korea
Explanation: North Korea test-fired a newly developed hypersonic missile, state news media KCNA reported, joining a race headed by major military powers to deploy the advanced weapons system.
- Bala V Balachandran has recently died following a brief illness. He was 84. He Belonged to which profession?
Explanation: Management guru and founder of Great Lakes Institute of Management (GLIM) – Professor Bala V Balachandran died following a brief illness.He was 84.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the currency of North Korea?
- Where is the HQ of National Basketball Association?
- Where is the HQ of tcs?