Current Affairs 20 December 2017 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 19 December 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of December 19, 2017
- The Union Government has approved setting up of _____ Mega Food Parks in the country to boost food and agro-based processing units
- Name the Chairperson of the National Green Tribunal (NGT) who retired from the post on December 19, 2017 after completing his five-year tenure
A) Dipak Misra
B) Lokeshwar Singh
C) Swatanter Kumar
D) J. S. Khehar
- Name the badminton player to win both the U-17 and U-19 girls singles title at the 42nd Junior National Badminton Championship
A) Aakarshi Kashyap
B) Malvika Bansod
C) Mansi Singh
D) Vaidehi Choudhari
- The Losar Festival is celebrated in which state of India to mark the beginning of new year?
A) Himachal Pradesh
D) Jammu and Kashmir
- Who has been conferred with the prestigious National Design Award 2017 by the National Design Research Forum (NDRF)?
A) Srini R Srinivasan
B) Priya Paul
C) G. Satheesh Reddy
D) Jeevak Badve
- Name the telecom company that has entered into a definitive agreement with Millicom International Cellular to acquire 100 percent equity interest in its subsidiary Tigo Rwanda Limited?
A) Bharti Airtel
B) Reliance Communications
- Which country has planned to conduct an informal mini-ministerial World Trade Organization meeting in February 2018 to discuss matters related to food securities and other issues?
- Which state government has inked pact with the UNESCO (MGIEP) to set up first of its kind ‘Gaming for Learning Hub’ to benefit students with learning differences?
A) Tamil Nadu
D) Andhra Pradesh
- Name the small finance banks that has signed an MoU with Sahaj e-Village for extending its banking service in remote areas through Business Correspondent Agent (BC) model
A) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
B) Equitas Small Finance Bank
C) AU Small Finance Bank
D) Fincare Small Finance Bank
- Which among the following ride sharing companies has acquired the Foodpanda’s India business from Germany’s Delivery Hero in exchange for stock?
C) My Taxi
- The Eastern India’s first compressed natural gas (CNG) stations have been inaugurated in which state by the petroleum minister Dharmendra Pradhan?
C) West Bengal
- Yes Bank has partnered with which global financial institution to co-finance $400 million funding for renewable power generation project in India?
A) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
B) Asian Development Bank
C) World Bank
D) European Investment Bank
- Name the winner of the 2017 BBC Team of the Year award
A) England women’s cricket team
B) England men’s cricket team
C) Great Britain Davis Cup team (tennis)
D) Great Britain Olympic & Paralympic teams
- Who has been selected for the 31st Moortidevi Award for the year 2017?
A) Vishwanath Tripathi
B) Kolakaluri Enoch
C) Joy Goswami
D) M.P Veerendra Kumar
- Who among the following has been appointed as the new sales head of Apple India operations?
A) Maneesh Dhir
B) Michel Coulomb
C) Sanjay Kaul
D) Albert Gore
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- The Moortidevi Award is given annually for contributions to ______
C) Arts & Music
- Who is the President of the European Investment Bank?
A) Werner Hoyer
B) Jin Liqun
C) Kristalina Georgieva
D) Takehiko Nakao
- What is the capital of Rwanda?
- The National Green Tribunal was set up under which of the following Acts?
A) National Green Tribunal Act 2010
B) National Green Tribunal Act 2007
C) National Green Tribunal Act 2009
D) National Green Tribunal Act 2012
- Which of the following is not true about the World Trade Organisation (WTO)?
A) Headquarters is in New York, United States
B) It was founded on 1 January 1995
C) Currently 164 countries are its member states
D) Director General is Roberto Azevedo