Current Affairs 20 December 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 19 December 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of December 19, 2020
- Which country will host the G7 meeting in 2021, of which PM Narendra Modi will also be a part on invitation?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi accepted the invitation of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson to be part of the G7 meeting chaired by the UK in 2021, seeking to build a wider alliance against China’s growing power.
- What is the rank of India in the personal freedom index released in December 2020?
A global ranking of personal, civil and economic freedom released placed India at 111 out of 162. The index put China at 129 rank, Bangladesh at 139 and Pakistan at 140.
New Zealand was ranked one in the index, followed by Switzerland and Hong Kong. The three least-free countries in descending order are Venezuela, Sudan, and Syria.
- In December 2020, 35th edition of Coordinated Patrol held between the navies of India and which other country?
The 35th edition of India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (IND-INDO CORPAT) between the Indian Navy and the Indonesian Navy held.
- How much loan amount has been approved by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to upgrade rural power distribution networks to provide reliable electricity supply to consumers in the state of Uttar Pradesh?
A) $200 million
B) $600 million
C) $300 million
D) $800 million
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Indian government signed a $300 million loan to upgrade rural power distribution networks to provide reliable electricity supply to consumers in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- Project worth how much amount has been signed between GOI and Asian Development Bank (ADB) to improve urban amenities and develop tourism infrastructure in Tripura?
A) $4.21 million
B) $3.54 million
C) $5.38 million
D) $2.78 million
The Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a 4.21 million dollar project readiness financing (PRF) facility for the preparation of infrastructure development projects to improve urban amenities and develop tourism infrastructure in Tripura.
- In December 2020, World Bank came out with corrected Doing Business rankings by lowering China’s ranking by how many points?
Coming out with corrected Doing Business rankings following review of data irregularities, the World Bank said that China’s ranking would have been lower by seven notches in the index for 2018. Besides China, the World Bank has corrected the Doing Business rankings of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Azerbaijan.
- Mohammad Amir who announced his retirement from international cricket belongs to which country?
Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Amir has announced his retirement from international cricket at the age of 28, the country’s cricket board (PCB) said.
- Sukhbir Singh Sandhu has been given six months extension as the chairman of which of the following?
B) Airports Authority of India
C) National Highways Authority of India
D) National Payments Corporation of India
Sukhbir Singh Sandhu has been given six months extension as the chairman of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), a Personnel Ministry order issued.
- Musician Shankar Mahadevan and which fashion designer have been named among 15 winners of the annual 21st Century Icon Awards?
A) Raghavendra Rathore
B) Sandeep Khosla
C) Masaba Gupta
D) Rohit Bal
Musician Shankar Mahadevan and fashion designer Raghavendra Rathore have been named among 15 winners of the annual 21st Century Icon Awards, unveiled virtually from London.
- Vidyut Mohan, founder of which company is named among the seven winners of the prestigious “Young Champions of the Earth” 2020 prize given by the UN environment agency to global change-makers using innovative ideas?
A 29-year-old Indian entrepreneur Vidyut Mohan, co-founder of “Takachar”, is among the seven winners of the prestigious “Young Champions of the Earth” 2020 prize given by the UN environment agency to global change-makers using innovative ideas and ambitious action to help solve some of the world’s most pressing environmental challenges.
- Nehru Zoological Park situated where has been given ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Standards Certification from ASCB, UK?
Nehru Zoological Park, Hyderabad, with its standard working procedures, has acquired ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Standards Certification from ASCB, UK.
- Robert Lewandowski and Lucy Bronze of which countries respectively have been given the Best Player of the Year awards at FIFA’s annual football awards?
A) Greece and Netherlands
B) France and Germany
C) Germany and Sweden
D) Poland and England
Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski (Poland) and Manchester City’s Lucy Bronze (UK) pipped a competitive field in their respective categories to win the Best Player of the Year awards at FIFA’s annual football awards.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Which of the following country is not a member of G7 countries?
The Group of Seven is an intergovernmental organization consisting of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States.
One Thought to “Current Affairs Quiz: December 20, 2020”
I would also like to add that if you do not already have an insurance policy or perhaps you do not belong to any group insurance, you could well benefit from seeking the assistance of a health insurance agent. Self-employed or individuals with medical conditions ordinarily seek the help of an health insurance brokerage service. Thanks for your post.