Current Affairs 20 February 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 19 February 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of February 19, 2018
- The three days World Congress on Information Technology has been inaugurated in which city?
A) New Delhi
Explanation: World Congress on Information Technology began in Hyderabad, Telangana. Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the inaugural session of the three-day IT summit through a video link.
- Name the first foreign e-commerce firm which has recently entered into food retail venture in India?
Explanation: E-commerce giant Amazon has launched its own food retailing business in India and the company started testing the market with a pilot project in Pune. With the new venture, Amazon has also become the first foreign e-commerce company to stock and sell food items directly to customers in India.
- Which among the following countries has been named as the Global Host for the World Environment Day 2018 by United Nations?
B) United States
Explanation: Union Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan announced that India will host the World Environment Day 2018. Harsh Vardhan also launched the first electric charging facility at the Lodhi Road UN office — the first ever in a UN office in India.
- Who among the given has became the first Indian fast bowler to take five wicket in each of the three format of the game?
A) Jasprit Bumrah
B) Bhuvneshwar Kumar
C) Mohammed Shami
D) Ishant Sharma
Explanation: Fast bowler Bhuvneshwar Kumar has become the first Indian bowler to take a five-wicket haul in all three formats in international cricket. Bhuvneshwar achieved the feat by taking his first T20I five-wicket haul against South Africa.
- The National Banana Festival 2018 is being held in which city?
Explanation: Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala is hosting National Banana Festival 2018 from February 17. It will be a five-day event to be held at Vellayani Dei Temple grounds at Kalliyoor.
- Which among the following companies is top ranked in the list of the companies in the world by market value?
Explanation: According to a report in The New York Post, with a market cap of $702.5 billion, Amazon has become the third most valuable company in the world, racing past Microsoft, which has a market cap of $699.2 billion. Apple and Alphabet stand ahead of Amazon as the most valuable companies in the world.
- What is the theme of the World Environment Day-2018?
A) Beat Plastic Pollution
B) Many Species. One Planet. One Future
C) Green Cities
Explanation: The theme for the World Environment Day-2018, held every year on June 5, is “Beat Plastic Pollution”.
- Gundu Hanumantha Rao who passed away recently was a renowned ___________
Explanation: Renowned Telugu actor, Gundu Hanumantha Rao has passed away. Known for his iconic role in TV serial, ‘Amrutham’, the comedian has died of heart and kidney ailments.
- Name the player to win the finals of 2018 Rotterdam Open
A) Alexander Zverev
B) Roger Federer
C) David Goffin
D) Grigor Dimitrov
Explanation: Roger Federer marked his impending return to the top of the world rankings by sweeping aside second seed Grigor Dimitrov in the Rotterdam Open final.
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- The headquarter of Amazon is located in __________
B) New York
D) Los Angeles
Explanation: Chairman-Jeff Bezos
- Who is the Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change?
A) J P Nadda
B) Harsh Vardhan
C) Jitendra Singh
D) Anil Madhav Dave
Explanation: Constituency-Chandni Chowk
- The Vellayani Devi Temple is located in which state?
B) Tamil Nadu