Current Affairs 20 November 2017 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 19 November 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of November 19, 2017
- Who has been selected to be honoured with the 2017’s Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Manmohan Singh
C) Atal Bihari Vajpayee
D) Pratibha Patil
Explanation: Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will receive the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development this year for his leadership of the country between 2004 and 2014 and for enhancing India’s stature globally.
- Name the player to clinch the 61st National Shooting Championship title in the Men’s Trap Shooting event.
A) Manavjit Singh Sandhu
B) Anwer Sultan
C) Zoravar Singh Sandhu
D) Ashutosh Sardar Murkute
Explanation: Former World and six-time Asian champion Manavjit Singh Sandhu defended his national Men’s Trap Shooting title at the ongoing 61st National Shooting Championship Competitions in New Delhi at Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range.
- The government has set a minimum amount of Rs_______ in the bank accounts of families in a rural areas in order to measure the level of poverty in a gram Panchayat.
Explanation: The government will now look at the bank accounts of families in a rural set up to determine the level of poverty in a gram Panchayat. According to a report, the minimum amount in such accounts has been set as Rs 10,000. This threshold is one of several metrics that will be used to measure the economic condition in a village.
- The RBI paid a dividend of Rs 30,659 crore to the government for the fiscal ended June 2017 however, the Union Government had budgeted sum of Rs_______ crore as dividend from the Reserve Bank of India of the fiscal 2016-17.
A) 62,000 crore
B) 55,000 crore
C) 58,000 crore
D) 65,000 crore
Explanation: In August, the RBI had paid a dividend of Rs 30,659 crore for the fiscal ended June 2017. It was less than half the Rs 65,876 crore it had paid in 2015-16. The government had budgeted for a Rs 58,000 crore dividend from the RBI in its Budget for this fiscal year. Now, the government has seeked Rs 13,000 crore of surplus lying with the central bank.
- When is the World Toilet Day observed?
A) November 19
B) November 21
C) November 20
D) November 18
Explanation: World Toilet Day (WTD) is an official United Nations international observance day, celebrated on 19 November, to raise awareness of the global sanitation crisis. Theme of World Toilet Day 2017 is ” Wastewater” which is in accordance with the theme of World Water Day 2017 – “Why Waste Water?”.
- Which state celebrated the first ever Namami Barak Festival on November 18, 2017?
C) West Bengal
D) Himachal Pradesh
Explanation: The first ever Namami Barak festival was held at Silchar in Assam. It was inaugurated by Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal. The event was organised at 3 locations in Barak Valley also known as Southern Assam. Silchar is main event area while other two locations are Hailakandi and Karimganj district.
- An Interim Meeting of the South Asia Regional Training and Technical Assistance Center (SARTTAC) was held in which city on November 17, 2017?
A) New Delhi
Explanation: An Interim Meeting of the Steering Committee of the International Monetary Fund (IMF)’s South Asia Regional Training and Technical Assistance Center (SARTTAC) was held in New Delhi to assess the Center’s activities since its inauguration in February 2017 and to review the Fiscal Year 2018 Work Plan.
- The Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has launched India’s first electric charging station in which of these given cities in collaboration with Ola?
Explanation: Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has collaborated with app-based taxi aggregator Ola to launch the country’s first electric charging station at one of its petrol/diesel stations in Nagpur.
- How many countries are the member of the SARTTAC?
Explanation: SARTTAC is located in New Delhi, India and works with Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. Officials from all Six (6) Member countries attended, the meeting together with the Development Partner representatives (the European Union, the United Kingdom, Australia, and USAID), and IMF staff.
- According to the data by International Monetary Fund (IMF), what is the rank of India in terms of per capita GDP of countries for the year 2017?
Explanation: India has moved up one position to 126th in terms of per capita GDP of countries, still ranked lower than all its BRICS peers, while Qatar remains the world’s richest on this parameter, as per International Monetary Fund (IMF) data.
- The 42nd World Congress of the International Committee of Military Medicine (ICMM) has been organized in which city?
C) New Delhi
Explanation: The 42nd World Congress of the International Committee of Military Medicine (ICMM) organised by the Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) under the aegis of the Ministry of Defence (MoD) began in New Delhi. The theme of this 42nd World Congress is “Military Medicine in Transition: Looking Ahead.”
- The Qaumi Ekta Week celebration begins in India from which date?
A) November 15
B) November 17
C) November 19
D) November 21
Explanation: The Qaumi Ekta Week (National Integration Week) is being observed across the country from 19th to 25th November, 2017 to foster and reinforce the spirit of communal harmony and national Integration.
- The 12th Biennial International Conference & Exposition of Society of Petroleum Geophysicists (SPG) was organized in which state?
Explanation: The 12th Biennial International Conference & Exposition of Society of Petroleum Geophysicists (SPG) India was inaugurated by Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship at Jaipur, Rajasthan. Theme: “Energy trough Synergy”. The three days International Conference & Exposition of SPG India was organised from 17th to 19th November.
- A committee of jurors annually decides the awardees of Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development. Name the head of the committee.
A) Rajnath Singh
B) Narendra Modi
C) Pranab Mukherjee
D) Sushma Swaraj
Explanation: A panel of jury, headed by former President Pranab Mukherjee, made the decision on the same. This award is given annually to individuals and organisations, recognising their efforts toward promoting international peace, development and a new international economic order.
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- Barak valley is located in which Indian state?
Explanation: The Barak Valley is located in the southern region of the Indian state of Assam. The main city of the valley is Silchar. The region is named after the Barak river.
- Where is the headquarter of International Committee of Military Medicine (ICMM) located?
A) Brussels, Belgium
B) Vienna, Austria
C) Berne, Switzerland
D) Paris, France
Explanation: Brussels, Belgium
- Which country has been placed at the top position in terms of per capita GDP of countries as per the latest data by the IMF?
A) Saudi Arabia
Explanation: Qatar remains the world’s richest in terms of per capita GDP of countries, as per International Monetary Fund (IMF) data. The data, which forms part of the latest World Economic Outlook report of the IMF, ranks over 200 countries in terms of per capita GDP based on purchasing power parity (PPP).
- Who is the governor of Assam?
A) Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya
B) Banwarilal Purohit
C) Jagdish Mukhi
D) Nirbhay Sharma
- South Asia Regional Training and Technical Assistance Center (SARTTAC) has its headquarter in _________
A) New Delhi
- Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Thani is the Prime Minister of which country?
B) Saudi Arabia
3 Thoughts to “Current Affairs Quiz: November 20, 2017”