Current Affairs 20 September 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 19 September 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of September 19, 2020
- According to Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), India’s GDP will contract to how much percent in the current fiscal?
- What is the theme of World Bamboo Day 2020?
A) My Bamboo My Wealth
B) Bamboo for sustainable development goals
C) BAMBOO NOW
D) Bamboo For Sustainable Development Goals
- Who has authored the book titled titled ‘Azadi: Freedom. Fascism. Fiction.’?
A) Arundhati Roy
B) Jhumpa Lahiri
C) Anita Desai
D) Medha Patkar
- Which state as launched “Arthika Spandana” programme of disbursing loans to the tune of ₹ 39,300 crore through various cooperative institutions?
A) Madhya Pradesh
C) West Bengal
- Which of the following has launched a new loan scheme named ‘Apna Ghar Dreamz’ for skilled workers employed in the informal sector in Delhi?
A) REPCO Home Finance Ltd.
B) GRUH Finance Ltd.
C) Can Fin Homes Limited
D) ICICI Home Finance Company Ltd
- Which state government launched an assistance scheme to encourage use of battery-operated two-wheelers and three-wheelers in the state?
- Where is India’s first General Aviation Terminal inaugurated in September 2020 to handle the flight operations of private jets?
A) Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport
B) Indira Gandhi International Airport
C) Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport
D) Trivandrum International Airport
- Who is the head of the committee formed by the union government to study reports of surveillance of Indians by Chinese firm Zhenhua Data?
A) Rajesh Pant
B) Suresh Gaba
C) Pritam Das
D) Suman Rai
- Who is the head of the committee formed by the union government to prepare a roadmap for regularisation of land leasing in the agriculture sector?
A) Ashish Mishra
B) Deepak Kumar Tiwari
C) Ajay Tirke
D) Siddharth Mehta
- Where will the country’s “biggest” film city be set up as announced by the state government in September 2020?
- Whose tenure has been extended by the central government as Deputy National Security Adviser?
A) Sooraj Thind
B) Manoj Khattar
C) Sagar Gupta
D) Pankaj Saran
- Which bank launched lead management system (LMS) – i-Lead 2.0 (Inspiring Leads System version 2.0) to provide its services to customers irrespective of where they reside?
A) IDFC First Bank
B) Canara Bank
C) Dena Bank
D) IDBI Bank
- Which bank launched a special gold loan scheme Vikas Laghu Suvarna with a reduced interest rate of 7.25 per cent?
A) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
B) Kerala Gramin Bank
C) Odisha Gramin Bank
D) Sarva Haryana Gramin Bank
- How much amount will be provided by the International Finance Corporation to India to develop green buildings, improve public transport and to expand renewable sources of energy?
A) $ 2 million
B) $ 4 trillion
C) $ 4 million
D) $ 2 trillion
- Babu Sivan who passed away recently is related to which profession?
- Balli Durga Prasad Rao who passed away recently is related to which profession?
- Ramakant Tiwari who passed away recently is related to which profession?
- Naznin Faruque who passed away recently was former Rajya Sabha MP from which state?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Tamil Nadu
D) Jammu & Kashmir
- Akshay Kumar who passed away recently was founder and former general secretary of which organization?
A) Fencing Association of India
B) Ice Hockey Association of India
C) Netball Federation of India
D) Cycling Federation of India
- Whose first volume of memoir titled ‘A Promised Land’ is set to release in November 2020?
A) Joe Bidden
B) Michelle Obama
C) Donald Trump
D) Barack Obama
- What is the theme of International Equal Pay Day 2020?
A) Building back a better future of work by ensuring pay equity
B) Virtual global Call to Action ensuring pay equity
C) Building a better world of work by ensuring pay equity
D) Ensuring equal pay is at the heart of recovery efforts worldwide
- What is the theme of World Water Monitoring Day 2020?
A) EarthEcho Water
B) Leaving no one behind
C) Nature for Water
D) Solve Water
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development situated?
A) Paris, France
B) Rome, Italy
C) Moscow, Russia
D) Vienna, Austria
- Where is the HQ of International Finance Corporation situated?
A) Sydney, Australia
B) Washington DC, USA
C) New York, USA
D) Ottawa, Canada
- Where is the HQ of ICICI Home Finance located?