Current Affairs 21 August 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 20 August 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 20, 2020
- When is Indian Akshay Urja Day 2020 or Renewable Energy Day observed?
A) 20th August
B) 19th August
C) 21st August
D) 18th August
- Indian sportsperson Bhaskar Maity who passed away recently is related to which sport?
- British sportsperson Angela Buxton passed away recently. She is related to which sports?
- Luis Rodolfo Abinader has been sworn in as president of which country?
B) Central African Republic
C) Czech Republic
D) Dominican Republic
- Which sports organization has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the International Professional Scouting Organisation (IPSO) to deliver a number of courses and webinars with regards to scouting in India?
A) Board of Control for Cricket in India
B) All India Football Federation
C) National Sports Organisation
D) Athletics Federation of India
- Performance sports eyewear brand Oakley has appointed whom as its new brand ambassador for a period of two years in India?
A) Hardik Pandya
B) Rohit Sharma
C) Virat Kohli
D) Rishabh Pant
- According to Care Ratings, India’s GDP is likely to contract by how much per cent during the first quarter of the current fiscal?
- Which insurance company has partnered with Element AI to develop a strategic AI roadmap for the new-age insurer and prioritise investments?
A) Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance
B) Exide Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
C) Aviva Life Insurance Company India Ltd.
D) IndiaFirst Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
- How much amount has been approved by the Asian Development Bank to support the construction of the modern, high-speed Delhi-Meerut regional rapid transit system?
A) $4 billion
B) $5 billion
C) $2 billion
D) $1 billion
- Which bank has launched a unique digital solution called ‘Loan against Securities’ that enables online lien marking of mutual funds and avail quick and hassle-free loan?
A) DCB Bank
B) Yes Bank
C) Axis Bank
D) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
- Which bank has launched DigiGo, a digital initiative to enable opening of savings account instantly?
A) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
B) South Indian Bank
C) Kotak Mahindra Bank
D) IndusInd Bank
- Which bank has launched an Aadhaar authentication based digital savings account called Jan Bachat Khata (JBK), that it said would bring neo-banking experience to consumers?
A) Aditya Birla Nuvo Limited
B) India Post Payment Bank
C) Fino Payments Bank
D) Paytm Payments Bank
- According to a joint report by International Labour Organization (ILO) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB), approx. how many Indians lost their jobs due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
A) 41 lakh
B) 71 lakh
C) 32 lakh
D) 52 lakh
- Which tech giant has launched its employment android application Kormo Jobs – to India as it is looking forward for helping job seekers to apply for entry-level jobs?
- Which company has launched a new ‘Upskilling-as-a-Service’ (UaaS) platform to accelerate new-age skill development?
A) Tech Mahindra
B) Larsen & Turbo
- In the Swachh Survekshan awards 2020 announced by Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri recently, which city has emerged as the India’s cleanest city?
- Which state has emerged as the leading state in the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Street Vendors Atma-Nirbhar Scheme-PM Swa-Nidhi?
A) Tamil Nadu
D) Madhya Pradesh
- Name the joint venture of All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) and Delhi Police for maintaining the health of Delhi Police personnel who serve as frontline warriors during COVID-19 through Ayurveda?
- All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) has signed an MoU with which of the following for extending ayurvedic mode of preventive and promotive health services in the residential colonies of the force through ‘Dhanwantari Rath’?
A) Maharashtra Police
B) Karnataka Police
C) Delhi Police
D) Odisha Police
- The Union Cabinet approved setting up of NRA to carry out a national entrance exam for non-gazetted vacancies in both central government departments, and public sector banks. What does A stand for in NRA?
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Oakley, a sports sunglasses company situated?
- Where is the HQ of Edelweiss Tokio Life located?
D) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Fino Payments Bank situated?