Current Affairs 21 January 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 20 January 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of January 20, 2020
- Recently which government guarantees clean air, 24-hour power and water supply ahead of elections?
Explanation: Ahead of assembly elections in the national capital, Delhi chief minister and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) national convener Arvind Kejriwal released a 10-point guarantee card, which includes reducing pollution by a third, ensuring continuous piped drinking water supply and building houses for slum dwellers.
- Which state Cabinet clears the Proposal for three capitals: Visakhapatnam, Amaravati, Kurnool?
Explanation: Chief minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy’s cabinet on Monday approved a proposal to have three capitals for Andhra Pradesh, amid protests by thousands of farmers of the Amaravati region and by Telugu Desam Party.
- The three days International Conclave on ‘Globalising Indian Thought’ held in which city?
Explanation: The three days International Conclave on ‘Globalising Indian Thought’ held in the Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIM Kozhikode) . The conclave deliberated on issues that impact global management thoughts in the years to come.
- U.N. shipping agency, the International Maritime Organization (IMO), is aiming to reduce the industry’s greenhouse gas emissions by how much percent by 2050?
Explanation: U.N. shipping agency, the International Maritime Organization (IMO), aims to reduce the industry’s greenhouse gas emissions by 50% from 2008 levels by 2050, a target that will require the swift development of zero or low emission fuels and new ship designs using cleaner technology.
- what is the rank of India in WEF’s 1st Global Social Mobility Index 2020?
Explanation: The 1st edition of Global Social Mobility Report 2020 titled “The Global Social Mobility Report 2020: Equality, Opportunity and a New Economic Imperative” released by World Economic Forum.India has been ranked very low at 76th place out of 82 countries on a new Social Mobility Index .
- who has bagged the Indonesia Masters title 2020(women)?
Explanation: Ratchanok Intanon of Thailand defeated Carolina Marin of Spain to win the Indonesia Badminton Masters 2020 women’s singles title held in Jakarta, Indonesia. Hometown hero Anthony Sinisuka Ginting snatched the men’s Indonesia Masters title in a dramatic comeback over defending champion Anders Antonsen.
- Who was appointed as the new Vice Chief of Army Staff?
A)Satinder Kumar Saini
Explanation: Southern Army Commander Lieutenant General SK Saini appointed as the new Vice Chief of Army Staff from January 25. The post of Vice Chief of Army Staff fell vacant after Lt Gen MM Naravane, then vice chief, was elevated as the Chief of Army Staff
- Which film won the Best Film Award in Asian Competition section of the 18th Dhaka International Film Festival (DIFF)?
A)Castle of Dreams
C)Place of Worship
Explanation: The Iranian film ‘Castle of Dreams’ directed by Reza Mirakarimi won the Best Film Award in Asian Competition section of the 18th Dhaka International Film Festival (DIFF) which concluded recently. The film also won the Best Director Award.
- Which applications won e-Governance Award of Excellence 2019 in Bhubaneswar, Odisha?
A)eVIGIL and Voter App
B)mVIGIL and Sankalp
C)Sankalp and wVIGIL
D)cVIGIL and Voter Helpline
Explanation: Award of Excellence for the year 2019 was given by Computer Society of India (CSI) and Special Interest Group on e-Governance (CSI SIG e-Gov) at Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology in Bhubaneswar, Odisha during the CSI 2020, 53rd annual convention of CSI.
- Who becomes 4th Indian to receive highest Australian civilian honour?
A)Arvind Singh Chaturvedi
D)Kiran Mazumdar Shaw
Explanation: Australia has conferred its highest civilian honour, the Order of Australia honour, on Biocon founder Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw for her contribution towards advancing the country’s relationship with India. Mazumdar-Shaw is the fourth Indian citizen to be awarded Australia’s highest civilian honour.
- Who inaugurated the induction ceremony of Su-30 fighter squadron at the Air Force Station in Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu?
Explanation: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the induction ceremony of Su-30 fighter squadron at the Air Force Station in Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu.It would be the second frontline fighter squadron of the Indian Air Force (IAF) to be based in South.
- Recently a book was released Essays and Reminiscences: A Festschrift in honour of which personality?
A)Nani A Palkhivala
Explanation: A book of essays and reminiscences on Nani A Palkhivala has been released to mark the birth centenary of the noted jurist and economist.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- what is the capital of Australia?
- Where is the HQ of World Economic Forum?