Current Affairs 21 March 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 20 March 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of March 20, 2018
- India defeated which country to clinch the Nidahas Cricket Trophy 2018?
B) Sri Lanka
Explanation: India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win the Nidahas Cricket Trophy final in Colombo. In a nail biting final, the visitors clinched the T20 Tri-series title with Dinesh Karthik’s last-ball six. This is the eighth victory of India against Bangladesh in a T-20 format.
- Name the Southeast Asian Nation which has received 18 high end diesel-electric locomotive from India under the phase I of the Indian line of credit (LoC) to the eastern neighbour
Explanation: India handed over the 18th diesel-electric locomotive to Myanmar, thereby completing the first project under the current Indian line of credit (LoC) to the eastern neighbour.
- Kedarnath Singh who died recently was an eminent __________
A) Hindi Poet
Explanation: Eminent Hindi poet and Jnanpith awardee Kedarnath Singh has passed away following prolonged illness. He was 84.
- ‘Gulf Star 1’ is a maiden joint Naval Ships Exercise of India and ________
A) United Kingdom
B) United Arab Emirates
Explanation: Naval ships of the UAE and India will hold a first-ever joint exercise – ‘Gulf Star 1’ – giving a further boost to bilateral ties. Two Indian Navy ships INS Gomati (Guided Missile Frigate) and INS Kolkata (Guided Missile Destroyer) arrived in Dubai for the ‘Harbour Phase’ of the exercise and will participate with UAE Navy ships for the ‘Sea Phase’
- The world’s last male northern white rhino named Sudan passed away. He was living in which country?
B) South Africa
Explanation: The last surviving northern white male rhinoceros of the world, named Sudan, has passed away in Kenya. Late Sudan had made headlines worldwide when, in an effort to raise funds for the conservation of the sub-species, dating app Tinder named him the ‘most eligible bachelor in the world’.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the new governor of Odisha after the retirement of the currently serving governor Dr SC Jamir?
A) Satya Pal Malik
B) Droupadi Murmu
C) E.S.L Narasimhan
D) Balram Das Tandon
Explanation: Bihar Governor Satya Pal Malik has been given additional charge as the Governor of Odisha. Dr SC Jamir, who is the present Odisha governor, has completed his tenure.
- The Government of India has recently approved to set up a Plastic Park in which of the following states?
A) West Bengal
C) Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: Centre has approved to set up a plastic park in Deoghar district of Jharkhand. The park is being set up at an estimated cost of 120 crore rupees and is spread over 150 acres of land.
- When is the International Day of Happiness observed?
A) March 21
B) March 20
C) March 19
D) March 18
Explanation: The International Day of Happiness is celebrated worldwide every March 20, and was conceptualized and founded by philanthropist, activist, statesman, and prominent United Nations special advisor Jayme Illien to inspire, mobilize, and advance the global happiness movement.
- The government of Delhi has launched an app named ‘Delhi’s Date with Democracy’. The App is a means to hunt for the applicants best in _______
A) Singing and Dancing
B) Painting and Writing
C) Problem Solving and Aptitude
D) General and Current Awareness
Explanation: To give a platform to aspiring singers and dancers in the city, the Delhi government launched a mobile application that would allow deserving applicants down to the ward-level to showcase their talent on a big stage. The ‘Delhi’s Date with Democracy’ app is an initiative of the government’s department of art, culture and languages.
- When is the World Sparrow Day observed?
A) March 21
B) March 19
C) March 20
D) March 17
Explanation: World Sparrow Day is a day designated to raise awareness of the house sparrow and then other common birds to urban environments, and of threats to their populations, observed on 20 March.
- The first G20 ministerial meeting 2018 of finance ministers and central bank governors has kicked off in which country recently?
B) United States
Explanation: The first G20 meeting of finance ministers and central bank governors began in Buenos Aires, with the presence of 57 delegations from countries and institutions. This is the first of five such meetings to be held before Argentina hosts the G20 Summit on November 30 to December 1.
- India’s National Cultural Audiovisual Archives (NCAA) has been certified as the world’s first Trusted Digital Repository by Primary Trustworthy Digital Repository Authorisation Body Ltd. (PTAB). The PTAB is located in which country?
A) United States of America
B) United Kingdom
Explanation: National Cultural Audiovisual Archives (NCAA) project of the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, implemented by Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) has been certified as the world’s first Trusted Digital Repository as per ISO 16363:2012 standard, granted by Primary Trustworthy Digital Repository Authorisation Body Ltd. (PTAB), United Kingdom.
- What is the theme of the 2018 International Day of Happiness?
A) Happiness for Prosperity
B) Be Happy; Give Happiness
C) Smile Makes Us Happy
D) Share Happiness
Explanation: The theme of International Day of Happiness 2018 is “Share Happiness”.
- Which city will host the 2018 G20 Summit?
A) Buenos Aires
Explanation: The 2018 G20 Buenos Aires summit will be the thirteenth meeting of Group of Twenty (G20). It will be held in 2018 in the city of Buenos Aires (Argentina).
- The finals of 2018 Nidahas Trophy took place in which stadium?
A) M. A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
B) Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Bangladesh
C) R. Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
D) Shaheed A. H. M. Kamruzzaman Stadium, Bangladesh