Current Affairs 21 May 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 20 May 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of May 20, 2019
- Which became the first state to tap into masala bond market?
Explanation: Kerala became the first state to tap into masala bond market by listing the Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board (KIIFB)’s masala bond worth of USD 312 million (Rs 2,150 crore) in London Stock Exchange (LSE)’s International Securities Market (ISM).
- Recently The Meeting on the development of Turkmenistan Afghanistan Pakistan India gas pipeline held in which country?
Explanation: A meeting on the development of Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) gas pipeline, also known as Trans-Afghanistan pipeline held in Turkmenistan recently.
- Who was heading the committee who submitted its report on promoting digital payments in the country?
Explanation: Reserve Bank of India-appointed committee headed by Aadhaar architect Nandan Nilekani has submitted its suggestions on promoting digital payments to Governor Shaktikanta Das.
- Which company launched “HeART” to mentor real estate technology companies?
Explanation: HDFC Capital Advisors, a wholly-owned subsidiary of HDFC Ltd, launched a new initiative called ‘HDFC Affordable Real Estate and Technology Program (HeART). It aims to mentor, partner and invest in real estate technology companies that drive innovation and efficiencies within the affordable housing ecosystem.
- Who won the Italian Open(Women’s )2019?
Explanation: Czech fourth seed Karolina Pliskova swept past Britain’s Johanna Konta 6-3, 6-4 to win the Italian Open in Rome. She clinched her 13th career title.
- Who won the Italian Open (Men’s) 2019?
Explanation: In Tennis, defending champion Rafael Nadal of Spain has clinched the Italian Open 2019 title after beating Novak Djokovic 6-0, 4-6, 6-1 in the final in Rome.
- Recently BFA launched how many new formats of the game with new dimensions of the court?
Explanation: The world body governing Badminton, BFA, has launched two new formats of the game —AirBadminton and Triples with new dimensions of the court and an innovative shuttlecock called Airshuttle. Traditional competitive badminton has been an indoor game.
- Which Film won the third prize in international section of Nespeesso Talents 2019?
Explanation: Indian filmmaker, Achyutanand Dwivedi’s film, “Seed Mother”, won the third prize in the international section of Nespresso Talents 2019 in Cannes.
- What is the theme of this year’s International Museum Day 2019?
A)Musuems:A history to Speak
B)Saying the unspeakable in Museums
C)Hyperconnected Museums:New Approach New Publics
D) Museums as Cultural Hubs: The Future of Tradition
Explanation: International Museum Day is an international day a celebration that held every year on or around 18 May, coordinated by the International Council of Museums. The event highlights a specific theme that changes every year and that is at the heart of the international museum community’s preoccupations.The theme of International Museum Day 2019 is “Museums as Cultural Hubs: The Future of Tradition.”
- What is the theme of this year World Meterology Day 2019?
A)Meterology:A atmospheric gases
B) The International System of Units – Fundamentally better
C)Constant Evolution of International System of Units
D)Weights and Measures of Units
Explanation: World Metrology Day is an event occurring on the 20th of May celebrating the International System of Units. The date is the anniversary of the signing of the Metre Convention in 1875. Metrology is the study of measurement.The theme of World Metrology Day 2019 is “The International System of Units – Fundamentally better.”
- When is World Bee Day observed?
Explanation: To raise awareness of the importance of pollinators (such as bees, butterflies, bats and hummingbirds), the threats they face and their contribution to sustainable development, the UN designated 20 May as World Bee Day.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the currency of Turkmenistan?
- Where is the HQ of Badminton World Federation?