Current Affairs 22 August 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 21 August 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 21, 2020
- Former Indian sportsperson Gopalaswamy Kasturirangan who passed away recently belonged to which sport?
- Francisco Asue has been reappointed as the Prime Minister of which country?
B) Equatorial Guinea
- Dr. Keith Rowley has been reappointed as the Prime Minister of which country?
C) Papua New Guinea
D) Trinidad and Tobago
- Name an interactive first-of-its-kind game on COVID-19 launched by Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan in August 2020?
A) The COVID Game
B) The COVID Scene
C) The Corona Fighters
D) The Corona Players
- Where in Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh respectively, a tertiary processing centre each has been launched by the Tribal Affairs Ministry under the ”TRIFOOD” project?
A) Solapur and Surajpur
B) Raigad and Jagdalpur
C) Nanded and Champa
D) Jalna and Korba
- Who has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of NPCI International Payments (NIPL), an international arm of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)?
A) Varun Sharma
B) Ritesh Shukla
C) Mohit Tiwari
D) Raman Ahuja
- Which institute has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) to carry out activities in the field of standardisation and conformity assessment?
A) IIT Roorkee
B) IIT Bombay
C) IIT Madras
D) IIT Ranchi
- Which of the following has developed Ayurvedic biodegradable face mask named ‘Pavitrapati’ and anti-microbial body suit named ‘Aushada Tara’?
A) Defence Research and Development Organisation
B) NITI Aayog
C) Divi Laboratories
D) Defence Institute of Advanced Technology
- According to a global research released by online privacy solutions provider SurfShark, what is the rank of India in Digital Quality of Life Index 2020 in terms of Internet Quality?
- Which country has launched a surface-to-surface ballistic missile named martyr Qassem Soleimani and cruise missile named martyr Abu Mahdi?
C) Saudi Arabia
- A Rahman Khan who passed away recently belonged to which profession?
- Janmejai Singh passed away recently. What was his profession?
- Name the first nuclear power plant of the Arab world which was connected to the national grid recently as announced by United Arab Emirates?
A) Hanul nuclear power plant
B) Kashiwa nuclear power plant
C) Barakah nuclear power plant
D) Hanbit nuclear power plant
- Which state emerged at the top of states for category ‘India’s cleanest state in the fifth edition of Swachh Survekshan Awards 2020 announced in August 2020?
A) Madhya Pradesh
- In the ‘National Strategy for Financial Education 2020-2025’ (NSFE), released by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), RBI has come out with a ‘5-Core Actions’ approach for promoting financial education. Which of the following is not one of the ‘C’ in these 5-core actions?
- Pradeep Chhibber and who other is the author of the book titled ‘India Tomorrow: Conversations with the Next Generation of Political Leaders’?
A) Keerat Irani
B) Arjun Rai
C) Harsh Shah
D) Deepak Kumar
- Who has written a new collection of short stories ‘Grandparents’ Bag of Stories’?
A) Sudha Murty
B) Kiran Desai
C) Anita Nair
D) Jhumpa Lahiri
- Which financial services company has launched a new service called ‘Swift Insta Personal Loans’ (SIPL) on WhatsApp through its chatbot TIA?
A) Eko India Financial Services
B) Reliance Capital
C) Tata Capital
D) Motilal Oswal Financial Services
- Which steel-making company has launched FerroHaat, a first-of-its-kind mobile application, to source steel scrap from the traders?
A) Jindal Steel Ltd.
B) Tata Steel Ltd.
C) JSW Steel Ltd.
D) Essar Steel India Ltd.
- In August 2020, the World Bank predicted higher than what percent GDP growth in India that it projected earlier for FY21?
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) along with NITI Aayog partnered with which Healthcare Innovation Centre to expand startup ecosystem?
B) India-New Zealand