Current Affairs 22 January 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 21 January 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of January 21, 2020
- PM Narendra Modi and which other country counterpart inaugurated the second Integrated Check Post (ICP) at Jogbani-Biratnagar?
A)KP Sharma Oli
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Nepali counterpart KP Sharma Oli jointly inaugurated the second Integrated Check Post (ICP) at Jogbani-Biratnagar, built with Indian assistance to facilitate trade and people’s movement.
- 12th National Tribal Youth Exchange Programme inaugurated in which state?
Explanation: Puducherry Lieutenant Governor Dr Kiran Bedi inaugurated the 12 th National Tribal Youth Exchange Programme in Puducherry . Two hundred youths from Naxal-affected districts of Chattisgarh are taking part in this week-long programme.
- The 2nd edition of NIC Tech Conclave-2020 held in which city?
Explanation: Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad inaugurate the second edition of NIC Tech Conclave-2020 in New Delhi. The two-day event is being organized by the National Informatics Centre. This year’s theme is Technologies for Next-Gen Governance.
- Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan announced that the ‘One Nation, One Ration Card‘ scheme will be implemented by which year?
Explanation: Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan announced that the ‘One Nation, One Ration Card‘ scheme will be implemented by June 1, 2020 across the country.
- What is the rank of India among countries with corporate commitments to science-based targets?
Explanation: According to a report by a non-profit organisation, India has ranked 5th among the countries surveyed for corporate commitments to science-based targets (SBT). The US and Japan topped the list with 135 and 83 companies, where as the UK ranked third with 78 countries, and France took the fourth spot with 51 companies.
- As per UN report compiled by United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) ,India attracted how much inflows in 2019?
Explanation: According to a UN report compiled by United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) ,India was among the top 10 recipients of Foreign Direct Investment in 2019, attracting $49 billion in inflows, a 16 per cent increase from the previous year, driving the FDI growth in South Asia.
- Which body has launched paperless licensing process for petroleum service stations such as retail outlets storing and dispensing petrol/diesel for motor conveyances?
Explanation: The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT has launched paperless licensing process for petroleum service stations such as retail outlets storing and dispensing petrol/diesel for motor conveyances.
- Which country lifted the Diplomat Cup Cricket Championship?
Explanation: The team of the Indian Consulate defeated the team of the Pakistan Consulate to lift the Diplomat Cup Cricket Championship of 2020 in Dubai. This is the third successive year that India won the Diplomat Cup Championship.
- Which company acquired Uber Eats?
Explanation: Online food delivery and restaurant discovery platform Zomato has acquired the Indian operations of Uber Eats, the food delivery business run by Uber, for around $350 million (Rs 2,485 crore).
- Recently Sunanda Patnaik passed away.She was related to which field?
Explanation: Eminent Indian classical singer and daughter of noted Odia poet Baikunthanath Patnaik, Sunanda Patnaik passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal. She was 85.
- Recently Shamsher Singh Surjewalapassed away.He is related to which field?
Explanation: Shamsher Singh Surjewala, a former Haryana Congress chief, passed away following a brief illness. He was 87.
- Who is the author of book ‘The Winning Sixer: Leadership Lessons To Master’?
Explanation: Woorkeri Venkat Raman (WV Raman), former Indian cricket team opener has authored a book ‘The Winning Sixer: Leadership Lessons To Master’, which was released formally by Anil Radhakrishna Kumble during an event in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Which state celebrated 48th anniversary of its statehood day on 21 January?
Explanation: Meghalaya celebrated the 48th anniversary of statehood day with cultural fanfares immersed in remnants of the ‘Hill State Movement’ that led up to the declaration of Meghalaya as a separate state in the year 1972. The Meghalaya Day celebration will continue till the Republic Day celebration.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Zomato?
- where is the HQ of United Nations Conference on Trade and Development?
One Thought to “Current Affairs Quiz: January 22, 2020”
you’re actually a good webmaster. The web site loading velocity is incredible. It seems that you are doing any distinctive trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterwork. you’ve performed a fantastic process on this matter!