Current Affairs 22 May 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 21 May 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of May 21, 2019
- The 8th Indo Myanmar Coordinated Patrol begin in Which region?
Explanation: Navy ships from Myanmar reached Port Blair to attend the opening ceremony of the 8th Indo-Myanmar Coordinated Patrol (IMCOR) which will be held from May 20-28. Myanmar ships UMS King TabinShweHti and UMS Inlay would undertake a coordinated patrol (CORPAT) with Indian Naval Ship Saryu under the program.
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation begin in Which city?
Explanation: For the first time, since the Pulwama terror attack and the Balakot airstrikes, Indian and Pakistani Foreign Ministers will together attend a ministerial meeting under the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic.
- How much amount was proposed by NITI Aayog for Artificial Intelligence push?
A)Rs 8000 cr
B)Rs 7000 cr
C)Rs 6000 cr
D)Rs 7500 cr
Explanation: The NITI Aayog has drawn up a plan for creating an institutional framework for artificial intelligence (AI) in the country. It has circulated a cabinet note to provide Rs 7,500 crore in funding for creation of cloud computing platform called AIRAWAT and research institutes.
- Recently UN Environment India and Wildlife Crime Control Bureau of India launched which campaign on illegal wildlife trade?
A)Migration of Animals
B)Animals and Forest
C)Not All animals migrate by choice
Explanation: UN Environment India and Wildlife Crime Control Bureau of India launched an awareness campaign ‘Not all animals migrate by choice’ to be displayed at major airports across the country ahead of the International Day of Biological Diversity celebrated on 22 May.
- Joko Widodo was recently sworn as new President of Which country?
Explanation: The Election Commission of Indonesia confirmed that President Joko Widodo has won a second term as president, beating out rival Prabowo Subianto, a retired general, by a 55.5 per cent to 44.5 per cent margin.
- Scott Morrison looks set to form a majority government in which country?
Explanation: Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison looks all set to form a majority Conservative government after his “miraculous” election victory over the centre-left Labor Party.
- Volodymyr Zelenskiy was recently sworn as new President of Which country?
Explanation: In Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelenskiy took oath as country’s new President. Zelenskiy, in his first address as President, pledged to protect the sovereignty and independence of Ukraine.
- Which company toppled Indian Oil Corporation to become country biggest company by revenue?
Explanation: Reliance Industries has toppled state-owned Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) to become the country’s biggest company by revenue. The Mukesh Ambani-led conglomerate, in the 2018-19 fiscal year that ended March 31, reported a turnover of Rs 6.23 lakh crore.
- Which bank announced a partnership with the FMCG arm of the Art of Living-Sri Sri Tattva?
Explanation: The State Bank of India (SBI) has announced a strategic partnership with the FMCG arm of The Art of Living — Sri Sri Tattva. Under this partnership, YONO users can avail a discount of 15 per cent on the entire range of products offered by Sri Sri Tattva such as food, personal care, healthcare, homecare, BYOGI apparels and Shankara skincare products.
- Recently Which climber climbed Mt Everest for the 24th time?
D)Kami Rita Sherpa
Explanation: Just a week after breaking his own record for the most number of summits on Mt Everest, Kami Rita Sherpa yet again climbed the world’s highest mountain. By achieving this feat, Sherpa has become the only Mountaineer in the world to hold the record for most Everest summits.
- Recently Pakistan announced Meenal Haq as its new High Commissioner to Which country?
Explanation: Pakistan announced career diplomat Mueenul Haq as its new High Commissioner to India. Haq was appointed after Sohail Mehmood left the High Commissioner’s post to join as foreign secretary.
- Which Indian peacekeeper will be honoured this year with a prestigious UN medal for courage and sacrifice in line of duty?
Explanation: An Indian peacekeeper is among the 119 military, police and civilian personnel who will be honoured this year with a prestigious UN medal this year for courage and sacrifice in the line of duty.
- Recently Niki Lauda passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Austrian Formula One legend Niki Lauda passed away at the age of 70. The three-time world champion had received a lung transplant last year and then he was hospitalised with flu in January this year. Lauda, won the F1 titles in 1975, 1977 and 1984. He was hugely admired within the F1 fraternity. He won two F1 titles for Ferrari and one for Mclaren.
- When is Anti Terrorism Day observed?
Explanation: May 21, the death anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi is observed as Anti-Terrorism Day. Rajiv Gandhi became the youngest prime minister of the country when he was sworn in at the age of 40 as the sixth Prime Minister of India after his mother Indira Gandhi’s assassination in 1984.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the currency of Ukraine?
- What is the currency of Australia?
- What is the capital of Indonesia?
One Thought to “Current Affairs Quiz: May 22, 2019”
As I site possessor I believe the content matter here is rattling wonderful , appreciate it for your efforts. You should keep it up forever! Best of luck.