Current Affairs 23 April 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 22 April 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of April 22, 2018
- How many books have been recently released by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Mahatma Gandhi’s Champaran movement of 1917?
Explanation: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar released three books based on Mahatma Gandhi’s Champaran movement of 1917 on Saturday. The books released by Nitish Kumar includes: ‘Mister M K Gandhi Ki Champaran Diary’ by Arvind Mohan‘Champaran Andolan 1917’ edited by Ashutosh Partheshwar and‘Pir Muhammad Munis: Kalam Ka Satyagrahi’ collected and edited by Srikant.
- Name the bank which has introduced first of its kind digital application form to enable the customers open current account in few hours
A) State Bank of India
B) ICICI Bank
C) Axis Bank
D) Yes Bank
Explanation: Private sector lender ICICI Bank has introduced a ‘digital form’ which will help open current accounts in a few hours. Deemed to be first of its kind service by any lender in India, digital forms are expected help the bank secure more clients as its helps in ‘ease of doing business’ and help increase the bank’s market share.
- When is the Earth Day observed?
A) April 20
B) April 21
C) April 22
D) April 19
Explanation: Earth Day is observed every year on April 22. First celebrated in 1970, Earth Day is significant as it’s a day of political action and civic participation towards preserving the planet.
- The Yes Bank has received RBI’s nod to open its representative office in London and Singapore. The first such office of the bank has been opened in which city?
B) New York
D) Abu Dhabi
Explanation: Private sector lender Yes Bank has received Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) approval to open two representative offices in London and Singapore. Yes Bank opened its first representative office in Abu Dhabi in April 2015 and also launched IFSC banking unit (IBU) at GIFT City, Gandhinagar, in the same year.
- Who among the following has won the gold medal in women’s 63 kg category event at the 8th South Asian Judo Championship being held in Nepal?
A) H Sunibala Devi
B) L Sushila Devi
C) Kalpana Devi Thoudam
D) A Anita Chanu
Explanation: In a historic performance Indian women made clean sweep at 8th South Asian Judo Championship in Lalitpur, Nepal. India won all 4 Gold Medals in women’s section. India’s L Sushila Devi won the gold in the 48kg category defeating Humaira Ashiq of Pakistan in the final. The second gold was won by Kalpana Devi Thoudam, who beat Maryam of Pakistan in the 52kg category. In the 57kg category, A Anita Chanu defeated local girl Lila Adhikari while H Sunibala Devi defeated Phupu Lhamu Khatri of Nepal in the 63kg category to win country’s fourth yellow metal. India’s men bagged two bronze medals.
- According to RBI’s Governor Urjit Patel, India’s GDP is expected to grow at _______percent in 2018-19
Explanation: Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Urjit Patel has said the country’s economy growth is expected to accelerate at 7.4 percent in the current fiscal year to March 2019 after a “resilient performance” in the second half of the previous year.
- Mukhammedkaliy Abylgaziyev has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of which country?
Explanation: Kyrgyzstan’s lawmakers on April 20 named Mukhammedkaliy Abylgaziyev as their country’s new prime minister following his nomination by the Social Democratic Party (SDPK), which controls the majority coalition within Kyrgyzstan’s parliament.
- The sixth edition of Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) has been organised in which country?
C) United Arab Emirates
Explanation: Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba began a five-day visit to Iran to attend a conclave of major naval powers of the region and explore ways to deepen engagement between navies of the two countries. The sixth edition of Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) and Conclave of Chiefs will be held in Tehran from April 23 to 25.
- Name the first female who has recently been appointed by the Airports Authority of India (AAI) as its first ever woman firefighter
A) Taniya Sanyal
B) Ayesha Farooq
C) Bhawana Kanth
D) Shivani Bhatia
Explanation: In a bid to pursue equal employment opportunities, the Airports Authority of India (AAI) has appointed its first ever woman firefighter. Taniya Sanyal from Kolkata is currently training in the capital and will be joining her team in a month.
- What is the theme of the Earth Day 2018?
A) Environmental and Climate Literacy
B) End Plastic Pollution
C) Trees for the Earth!
D) The Face of Climate Change
Explanation: Earth Day 2018 theme is ‘End Plastic Pollution’.
- Which among the given states government has launched a campaign named Devbhoomi dialogue to connect directly with youngsters and inspire them to look for self-employment opportunities?
A) Madhya Pradesh
In a unique initiative to establish direct contact with the youth, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat
launched a campaign called “Devbhoomi dialogue” at his official residence calling upon them to look for self-employment opportunities in their chosen fields.
- World’s oldest known person named Nabi Tajima died in the recent past at the age of 117. She hailed from which country?
C) South Korea
Explanation: THE World’s oldest person, Nabi Tajima, has died in hospital at the age of 117 in the town of Kikai in Japan. Tajima, born on August 4, 1900, was the last known person born in the 19th century. She reportedly had more than 160 descendants, including great-great-great grandchildren.
- Recently Rajinder Sachar passed away. He was former Chief Justice of which High Court?
A) Calcutta High Court
B) Bombay High Court
C) Delhi High Court
D) Allahabad High Court
Explanation: Former Delhi High Court Chief Justice Rajinder Sachar died on Friday at a private hospital, family members said. A noted human rights activist, Sachar was the Chief Justice of Delhi High Court from 6 August, 1985, to 22 December, 1985.
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- Hassan Rouhani is the President of which country?
- The 8th South Asian Judo Championship has been organised in which country?
B) Sri lanka
- GIFT City is India’s first operational smart city and international financial services centre located in________
A) Madhya Pradesh
Click here for the Current Affairs Quiz Section