Current Affairs 23 April 2021 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 22 April 2021 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of April 22, 2021
- How much amount of premium was collected by LIC in FY21 as per its provisional figures?
A) ₹1.55 lakh cr
B) ₹2.00 lakh cr
C) ₹1.50 lakh cr
D) ₹1.84 lakh cr
Explanation: Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) collected new premiums of Rs 1.84 lakh crore in FY21 as per its provisional figures. It also paid out Rs 1.34 lakh crore as claims during the year.
- Which state reiterated the commitment to achieve ‘Har Ghar Jal’ target by 2022?
Explanation: Punjab State reiterated the commitment of the State to achieve ‘Har Ghar Jal’ target by 2022 as planned. Punjab has 34.73 lakh rural household, out of which 25.88 lakh (74.5%) have tap water supply.
- Miguel Díaz-Canel to be appointed as new president of which country?
Explanation: Miguel Díaz-Canel will succeed Raúl Castro as the Cuban Communist Party’s first secretary, the most powerful position on the island. He is the first person without the surname Castro to run Cuba since the 1959 revolution.
- The central government has released how much amount of disaster funds to states and UTs since the beginning of pandemic last year?
A) ₹30000 cr
B) ₹44000 cr
C) ₹46000 cr
D) ₹25000 cr
Explanation: Probably in one of the highest yearly spend towards disaster mitigation, the central government has released more than Rs 30,000 crore of disaster funds to states and Union Territories since the beginning of the pandemic last year.
- Which company has acquired the entire stake in US-headquartered hybrid cloud and DevOps services provider DigitalOnUS?
C) Tech Mahindra
Explanation: IT major Tech Mahindra has acquired the entire stake in US-headquartered hybrid cloud and DevOps services provider DigitalOnUS for $120 million, including retention bonus and earnout payments.
- Recently which first unit of the indigenously built ALH Mk III aircraft, was commissioned into the Indian Navy in the presence of Rajya Mantri Shripad Naik and Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar?
B) INAS 324
C) INAS 345
D) INAS 323
Explanation: Indian Naval Air Squadron (INAS) 323, the first unit of the indigenously built ALH Mk III aircraft, was commissioned into the Indian Navy in the presence of Rajya Mantri Shripad Naik and Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Western Naval Command, at INS Hansa, Goa.
- Recently which brand has signed long-term endorsement deals with cricketers Washington Sundar and Devdutt Padikkal?
Explanation: Global sportswear brand Puma has signed long-term endorsement deals with cricketers Washington Sundar and Devdutt Padikkal.
- Recently Dilhara Lokuhettige was banned from cricket.He belongs to which nation?
Explanation: Former Sri Lanka cricketer Dilhara Lokuhettige was banned from all cricket for eight years after being found guilty of breaching the ICC Anti-Corruption Code.
- Which organisation has teamed with Habitat for Humanity International to help microfinance institutions (MFIs) deliver housing loans to low-income families in rural and peri-urban areas of India, Bangladesh, Indonesia, and the Philippines?
A) Asian Development Bank
B) World Bank
D) Paris Club
Explanation: The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has teamed with Habitat for Humanity International to help microfinance institutions (MFIs) deliver housing loans to low-income families in rural and peri-urban areas of India, Bangladesh, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
- Which payments bank become the first payments bank in the country to enable Rs 2 lakh day-end balance account limit?
A) Paytm Payment Bank
B) Airtel Payment Bank
C) Fino Payments Bank
D) India post payments bank
Explanation: In line with the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) guidelines, Airtel Payments Bank announced that it has become the first payments bank in the country to enable Rs 2 lakh day-end balance account limit.
- Recently which senior Congress leader and former Delhi minister passed away due to Covid 19?
A) Maniratnam Sharma
B) R Madhvan
C) S Yechury
D) AK Walia
Explanation: Senior Congress leader and former Delhi minister AK Walia passed away due to Covid-19 in Delhi. He was 72.
- Recently which Islamic scholar and Padma Bhushan-awardee passed away?
A) Shakib Al Hasan
B) Maulana Shamir Kha
C) Shek Al Usmani
D) Maulana Wahiduddin Khan
Explanation: Islamic scholar and Padma Bhushan-awardee Maulana Wahiduddin Khan passed away. He was 96.
- Recently Poet Shanka Ghosh passed away,He was poet of which language?
Explanation: Eminent Bengali poet and Padma Bhushan awardee Shankha Ghosh passed away at his Kolkata residence after testing positive for Covid-19. He was 89.
- Who has been chosen as the external auditor by a prestigious intergovernmental organisation OPCW?
A) GC Murmu
B) S Bobde
C) Tushar Kumar
D) Aneesh Sen
Explanation: India’s Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) GC Murmu has been chosen as the external auditor by a prestigious intergovernmental organisation working for the elimination of chemical weapons.
- Indiabulls Housing Finance entered into co lending partnership with which company to offer housing loans to homebuyers at competitive rates?
A) ICICI Housing Finance
B) National Housing Bank
C) PNB Housing Finance
Explanation: Indiabulls Housing Finance Ltd (IBH) said it has entered into a strategic co-lending partnership with housing finance major HDFC Ltd to offer housing loans to homebuyers at competitive rates.
- Recently FirstRand became second global bank to exit India operations.It is based in which country?
A) South Africa
Explanation: South Africa’s second-largest lender FirstRand Bank exited India 12 years after setting shop in the country. The announcement comes close on heels of a similar decision by another global banking giant Citigroup’s announcement to exit its retail operations in India.
- Recently Care Ratings revised India GDP ratings to what percent for FY22?
Explanation: With economic activities getting affected across the country due to curbs imposed by states amid surge in COVID-19 cases, Care Ratings has revised down its forecast for GDP growth to 10.2 per cent in 2021-22 from earlier projection of 10.7-10.9 per cent.
- Recently Rigzian Sampheal resigned as director of which bank?
A) Bank of Maharashtra
B) Bank of Baroda
C) Nainital Bank
D) J&K Bank
Explanation: State-owned Jammu & Kashmir Bank said non-executive non-independent director Rigzian Sampheal has resigned from its board.
- India has been elected to how many key bodies of the United Nations’ Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC)?
Explanation: India has been elected to three key bodies of the United Nations’ Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). These bodies are the Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice (CCPCJ), Executive Board of UN Women, Executive Board of the World Food Programme.
- What is the theme of this year’s International Girls in ICT Day 2021?
A) Connected Girls,Creating Brighter Futures
B) Dream the Future
C) Connect and Recreation
D) Women empowerment
Explanation: The International Girls in ICT Day is celebrated every year on the 4th Thursday of April to highlight the need to promote technology career opportunities for girls and women in the world’s fastest growing sector. This year it is observed on 22nd April, 2021.
- What is the theme of this year’s Earth Day 2021?
A) Restore our Earth
B) Planet Earth
C) Live the Planet
D) Recreate and Growth of Earth
Explanation: Every year April 22 is celebrated as Earth Day, an international event celebrated around the world to pledge support for environmental protection.
- Priyanka Mohite becomes first Indian woman to scale Mt Annapurna.She hails from which place?
B) Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: Priyanka Mohite from Satara in western Maharashtra has scaled Mt Annapurna, the 10th highest mountain peak in the world, becoming the first Indian woman climber to achieve the feat.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of LIC?
- What is the capital of Cuba?
- Where is HQ of Asian Development Bank?
- Where is the HQ of Tech Mahindra?
One Thought to “Current Affairs Quiz: April 23, 2021”
Good blog post. A few things i would like to add is that laptop or computer memory must be purchased should your computer cannot cope with everything you do with it. One can set up two random access memory boards with 1GB each, by way of example, but not certainly one of 1GB and one with 2GB. One should check the company’s documentation for the PC to make certain what type of memory is required.