Current Affairs 23 March 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 22 March 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of March 22, 2019
- The 33rd edition of India,Indonesia Coordinated Patrol(CORPAT) commenced in which state/UT?
A)Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Explanation: The 33rd edition of India,Indonesia Coordinated Patrol(CORPAT) commenced at Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- The first ever High Level Dialogue on Indo Pacific Cooperation was held in which city?
Explanation: The first ever High Level Dialogue on Indo Pacific Cooperation was held in Jakarta,capital of Indonesia.
- The CBSE launched which podcast application to disseminate crucial information to students and parents in a timely manner?
Explanation: The CBSE launched a new podcast app “Shiksha Vani” earlier this week. This app will disseminate crucial information to students and parents in a timely manner.
- What is the rank of India in the UN World Happiness Report 2019?
Explanation: Indians are not as happy in 2019 as they were in 2018 and the country figures at 140th place, seven spots down from last year, on UN World Happiness Report 2019.The list is topped by Finland. The report was released by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network for the United Nations.
- Which Indian word has become the latest entry to the English Oxford Dictionary?
Explanation: The Indian word for underpants-chuddies,has become the latest entry to the English oxford dictionary.
- How much capital infusion will be provided to Bank of Baroda as a merged entity along with Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank ?
A)Rs 5000 cr
B)Rs 6000 cr
C)Rs 6500 cr
D)Rs 4000 cr
Explanation: The Bank of Baroda may het Rs 5000 cr capital infusion from the Finance Ministry ahead of its united operations as a merged entity along with the Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank from April1.In February, the government approved Rs 48,239-crore recap bonds in 12 PSBs.
- According to Fitch,what will be India’s economic growth forecast for 2019-20?
Explanation: Global rating agency Fitch has cut its India’s economic growth forecast to 6.8 percent for 2019-20 from the earlier estimate of 7 per cent due to weak momentum in manufacturing and agriculture. However, it said India economic growth forecast is expected to be 7.1 percent in 2020-21.
- According to IMF,which country has been one of the fastest growing large economies in the world?
Explanation: India has been one of the fastest growing large economies in the world,the IMF has said. India has of course been one of the world’s fastest growing large economies of late, with growth averaging about 7 per cent over the past five years.
- Which country has won SAFF Women’s Championship 2019?
Explanation: In football, India has clinched the SAFF Women’s Championship for the 5th time in a row, defeating hosts Nepal 3-1 in the final at Biratnagar. In the first half, Dalmia Chhibber of India scored the first goal of the match which was equalled by Nepal’s Sabitra Bhandari.
- Which country recently lose the rights to host Davis Cup and Fed Cup 2019?
Explanation: After the Balakot air strikes, Pakistan’s air space was shut down and it has resulted in India losing the hosting rights of the Junior Davis Cup and Fed Cup.
- The 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games will held in which city?
Explanation: The torch design for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Paralympic Games was unveiled exactly a year before the flame is due to arrive in Japan from Greece.
- Which country’s Hockey Federation launched the Coaching Education Pathway?
Explanation: In an effort to develop coaches from the grassroot level and enable them to meet the requirements and the ever-growing demands of international hockey, the sport’s governing body in India launched the Hockey India Coaching Education Pathway.
- Who was officially crowned as champions of the I-League 2019?
Explanation: Chennai City FC was officially crowned the I-League champion in front of representatives of other clubs and bigwigs of All India Football Federation(AIFF) at a function in Chennai.
- Who was awarded with the Sir Richard Hadlee Medal for Men’s Player of the Year?
Explanation: Kiwi captain Kane Williamson claimed the coveted Sir Richard Hadlee Medal for Men’s Player of the Year at the New Zealand Cricket Awards.
- Recently,Haku Shah passed away,He was related to which field?
Explanation: Renowned Indian artist Haku Shah, best known for his themes of tribal and folk art, passed away following a cardiac arrest at his home in Ahmedabad. He was 85.
- Recently,LV Sharada passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Acclaimed actor of yesteryears LV Sharada who played an iconic role in the award-winning movie Phaniyamma passed away in Bengaluru.
- What is the theme of this year’s World Water Day 2019?
A)Life without water
B)Leaving no one behind
C)Water and Sustainable Energy
D)Water and Life
Explanation: World Water Day is observed on March 22.The theme is ‘Leaving no one behind”.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the currency of Indonesia?
- What is the currency of Finland?
- Where is the HQ of Fitch?
- Where is the HQ of IMF?