Current Affairs 23 October 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 22 October 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of October 22, 2019
- The 10th Asian Conference on Emergency Medicine (ACEM) held in which city?
Explanation: The Asian Society for Emergency Medicine (ASEM) and Society for Emergency Medicine India (SEMI) announces the 10th Asian Conference on Emergency Medicine (ACEM) in New Delhi, India from November 7th-10th, 2019.
- Recently United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) launched which campaign to raise awareness and take steps against hunger and malnutrition in India?
C)Feed Our Future
D)Feeding and Eating
Explanation: The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has launched a cinema advertisement campaign ‘Feed Our Future’ to raise awareness and take steps against hunger and malnutrition in India.
- Recently Indian Air Force successfully tested which missile at Trak Island in Andaman and Nicobar islands?
Explanation: The Indian Air Force (IAF) fired two BrahMos surface-to-surface missiles at Trak Island in Andaman and Nicobar islands and the mock targets were hit successfully.
- Whatisthe rank of India in the World Intellectual Property Indicators 2019?
Explanation: India ranked as the 7th nation in the ranking of the total (resident and abroad) IP filing activity by origin, revealed World Intellectual Property Indicators 2019, which published such data for 49 countries.
- Which company has been selected as a member of the global Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) 2019?
Explanation: IT major Wipro Ltd has been selected as a member of the global Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) 2019 for the tenth year in succession.
- Recently in which city world’s oldest pearl was discovered?
Explanation: The world’s oldest natural pearl named ‘Abu Dhabi Pearl’ has been discovered on an island off Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. The 8,000-year-old pearl was found during excavations at Marawah Island which also revealed the earliest architecture in the UAE.
- Recently which company launches contactless mobile phone payments facility CardPay?
Explanation: SBI Card announced the launch of ‘SBI Card Pay’, a feature which allows contactless payment using mobile phones at PoS terminals.
- The 2019 World Military Games held in which city?
Explanation: Para-Athlete Anandan Gunasekaran bagged two gold medals for the Indian contingent in the World Military Games here in Wuhan, China.
- Recently who has become India’s 65th Grandmaster?
Explanation: Raunak Sadhwani has becomes India’s 65th Grandmaster. He defeated Russian GM Alexander Motylev to become the Grandmaster at the age of 13 years, 9 months and 28 days.
- The 2019 ITF women’s tennis tournament is being held in which country?
Explanation: Riya Bhati has won the ITF women’s tennis tournament in Lagos, Nigeria. She defeated Slovenian player Nastja Kolar of Slovenia 7-5, 1-6, 6-3 in the summit clash of the $25,000 ITF women’s tennis tournament.
- Who has set a record of highest average in Test cricket?
Explanation: Indian cricketer Rohit Sharma smashed the former Australia cricketer Don Bradman’s record of highest average in Test cricket on home soil.
- Whohas won the 2019 Stockholm Open title?
Explanation: Canadian player Denis Shapovalov has won the Stockholm Open title. He has become the first Canadian ATP singles champion since Milos Raonic won at Brisbane in January 2016
- Recently Justin Trudeau was sworn in as PM of which country?
Explanation: Justin Trudeau has won a second term as Canada’s prime minister after the country’s federal election, losing the majority but delivering unexpectedly strong results..
- Which series won award for best direction at the Asian Academy Creative Awards ceremony?
Explanation: Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt-starrer “Gully Boy” won the best film from India award in the regional finals at the Asian Academy Creative Awards ceremony.
- Which Indian film won the highest-grossing foreign-language Award at the Australian International Movie Convention?
Explanation: Ranbir Kapoor and Vicky Kaushal starrer ‘Sanju’ won the highest-grossing foreign-language Award at the Australian International Movie Convention.
- Which actress won the People’s Icon Award at the 2019 People’s Choice Awards?
Explanation: Friends’ star Jennifer Aniston, actress-producer, is set to receive the People’s Icon Award at the 2019 People’s Choice Awards.
- Recently Dadu Chougule passed away.He was related to which profession?
Explanation: Dadu Chougule, wrestler and recipient of Major Dhyanchand award, passed away. In 1973, Chougule had won the titles ‘Rustum-e-Hind’ and ‘Mahan Bharat Kesari’ in national-level tournaments.
- Recently Subha Dutta passed away.She was related to which field?
Explanation: Subha Dutta, editor of one of the largest circulated Bengali dailies of West Bengal, Bartaman has passed away. She was 67.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Wipro?
- What is the currency of Nigeria?