Current Affairs 24 February 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 23 February 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of February 23, 2018
- How many new firms has recently been launched by Paytm in a move to enter into insurance sector of the country?
Explanation: Digital payments startup Paytm has launched two insurance companies, Paytm Life Insurance and Paytm General Insurance. Paytm Founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma, CFO Madhur Deora, and Shankar Prasad Nath are the three signatory stakeholders in both the companies.
- What is the total outlay of the National Urban Housing Fund (NUHF) approved by the government to achieve Housing For All by 2022?
A) Rs 50,000 crore
B) Rs 60,000 crore
C) Rs 80,000 crore
D) Rs 1,00,000 crore
Explanation: The Union Cabinet approved setting up of a ₹60,000-crore National Urban Housing Fund (NUHF) to facilitate the implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Mission and to ensure that every poor living in the urban areas has a home by 2022.
- M.S. Anantharaman who passed away recently was a renowned player of which musical instrument?
Explanation: Noted violinist M.S. Anantharaman, an exponent of Parur style of violin playing has passed away.
- How much amount of loan has been signed between the government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for water supply project in Bihar?
A) $85 million
B) $80 million
C) $84 million
D) $82 million
Explanation: The Government of India and Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $84 million loan for improvement and expansion of water supply in Bhagalpur and Gaya towns in Bihar. The tranche 2 loan is part of the $200 million multi-tranche financing facility (MFF) for the Bihar Urban Development Investment Program that was approved by ADB in 2012.
- Indian armed forces successfully test fired nuclear-capable ____________ ballistic missile Dhanush recently.
Explanation: India successfully test-fired the nuclear-capable ‘Dhanush’ ballistic missile with a strike range of 350 kms from a naval ship off Odisha coast. The surface-to-surface missile, a naval variant of the indigenously-developed ‘Prithvi’ missile, was test-fired from the ship positioned near Paradip in the Bay of Bengal. ‘Dhanush’ missile is capable of carrying a payload of 500 kg and hitting both land and sea-based targets.
- Which among the following states has become the first state of India to launch a digital platform named Nivesh Mitra aimed to clear projects digitally?
A) Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: UP has become the first state in the country where projects can now be cleared digitally, without any human interface. The digital platform, a single-window system called Nivesh Mitra, was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during the inauguration session of the UP Investors’ Summit. Nivesh Mitra will now allow investors to apply for project clearances online.
- The 106 years old Swachh Bharat Abhiyan mascot Kunwar Bai passed away recently. She hailed from which state?
A) Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: Kunwar Bai, a 106-year-old woman from Chhattisgarh who was chosen as a mascot for the ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’, has passed away. Kunwar Bai shot to fame in 2016 when the story of how she sold her goats to build a toilet at home got nationwide publicity.
- Which state has recently launched the cleanliness and pollution free drive named Parivartan?
A) West Bengal
C) Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: The Haryana government launched Parivartan, a scheme designed to address 10 issues, including cleanliness and pollution, in 46 developmental blocks of the state.
- What is the rank of India in the Global Corruption Perception Index (CPI) 2017?
Explanation: India has been ranked 81st in the global corruption perception index for 2017, released by Transparency International, which named the country among the “worst offenders” in terms of graft and press freedom in the Asia Pacific region. In the latest ranking New Zealand and Denmark were placed the highest, with scores of 89 and 88, respectively.
- Senior Congress leader Suresh Seth passed away due to age related health issues. He was former mayor of which city?
Explanation: Senior Congress leader and former Indore Mayor, Suresh Seth has passed away. Seth, known for his charismatic and robust personality, was also called as a ‘Lion of Indore’ – he aggressively took up people’s issues and cut across party lines to deliver benefit to the common man.
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- Name the MD & CEO of Paytm
A) Renu Satti
B) Vijay Shekhar Sharma
C) Amit Sinha
D) Madhur Deora
Explanation: Founder:Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- The global corruption perception index is prepared by ________
A) World Economic Forum
B) Harvard University
C) World Bank Group
D) Transparency International
Explanation: The global corruption perception index is released by Transparency International.
- The Asian Development Bank was established in which year?
Explanation: The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- Nuclear-capable Dhanush is a ________ based ballistic missile.
D) Both A & C
- Who is the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) in the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs?
A) Narendra Singh Tomar
B) Hardeep Singh Puri
C) Manohar Parrikar
D) Nirupam Sen