Current Affairs 24 January 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 23 January 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of January 23, 2018
- Who has been appointed as the new Director of the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC)?
A) V Narayanan
B) P. Kunhikrishnan
C) S Somnath
D) V V Srinivasan
- According to the latest PwC, 21st Annual Global CEO Survey, what is the rank of India in terms of most attractive market for investments in 2018?
- Which country will host the 2018 ICC Women’s World Twenty20 Tournament?
A) West Indies
C) Sri Lanka
- Recently, the Larsen and Toubro Shipyard unveiled its indigenously built second offshore patrol vessel (OPV) for the Indian Coast Guard. Name the indigenously built OPV
- The famous award winning fantasy author Ursula K Le Guin passed away at the age of 88. She hailed from which country?
A) United Kingdom
B) United States
D) New Zealand
- Name the player to win the 2018 Swedish Open Junior International Series in men’s single category
A) Dhruv Sunish
B) Abhimanyu Vannemreddy
C) Siddharth Pratap Singh
D) Adil Kalyanpur
- The first International Dam Safety Conference-2018 was held in which city?
- Name the movie to win the Best Film Award at the 63rd Filmfare Awards 2018
A) Hindi Medium
B) Bareilly Ki Barfi
C) Secret Superstar
D) Tumhari Sulu
- Noted entrepreneur and philanthropist Honsen Lyngdoh died recently. He belonged to which state?
- The maiden summit of the International Solar Alliance (IAS) will be held in which city?
A) Paris, France
B) New Delhi, India
C) Beijing, China
D) Brasília, Brazil
- Which among the following firms has recently become the first Indian company to cross the market capitalization of ₹6-lakh crore?
A) Indian Oil Corporation
B) Tata Consultancy Services
C) Tata Steel
D) Reliance Industries (RIL)
- The 10th edition of Global Forum for Food & Agriculture was held in Berlin, Germany recently. What was the theme of the conference?
A) Addressing Food Security Challenges under Increasing Demand for Land, Soil and Energy
B) Agriculture and Water – Key to Feeding the World
C) Shaping the future of livestock – Sustainably, Responsibly, Efficiently
D) Food Security through sustainable growth – Farming with Limited Resources
- Name the famous South African musician popularly known as the ‘Father of South African Jazz’ who died recently
A) Hugh Masekela
B) Abdullah Ibrahim
C) Johnny Clegg
D) Vusi Mahlasela
- Who among the following has won the Best Director award at the 63rd Filmfare Awards 2018?
A) Suresh Triveni
B) Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari
C) Konkona Sensharma
D) Saket Chaudhary
- Which among the following cities has officially been inaugurated as the European Capital of Culture 2018?
- Name the winner of the Best Short Film (Fiction) at the 2018 Filmfare Awards
D) White Shirt
- Which among the following banks has signed an MoU with the National Housing Bank for implementation of the Rural Housing Interest Subsidy Scheme (RHISS)?
A) United Bank of India
B) Indian Overseas Bank
C) Oriental Bank of Commerce
D) Corporation Bank
- Which movie has been honored with the People’s Choice Award for Best Short Film at the 63rd Filmfare Awards 2018?
C) Jai Mata Di
- Which country has been ranked as the top most attractive market for investments and the optimism over global economic growth according to a survey of CEOs by global consultancy PwC?
A) United Kingdom
D) United States
- Who has been honored with the Best Actor In A Leading Role (Male) award at the 63rd Filmfare Awards 2018?
A) Irrfan Khan
B) Rajkummar Rao
C) Ranbir Kapoor
D) Varun Dhawan
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- The International Solar Alliance (ISA) is headquartered at __________
A) Gurgaon, India
B) Paris, France
C) Marrakech, Morocco
D) New York, United States
- What is the currency of Germany?
- Joseph Muscat is the Prime Minister of which country?
A) South Africa
- The Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre is located in which state?
B) Andhra Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
- The National Housing Bank (NHB) was established as a wholly owned subsidiary of RBI under which act?
A) Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
B) National Housing Bank Act, 1987
C) Banking Regulation Act, 1949
D) Companies Act, 1956