Current Affairs 24 May 2021 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 23 May 2021 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of May 23, 2021
- Which company announced its partnership with India’s largest bank, SBI, for online customer on boarding amid Covid 19 pandemic?
B) HighTech Solutions
Explanation: To serve customers in the new normal times, State Bank of India launches a full power YONO Savings Account that can be opened instantly with Video KYC in 4 simple steps.
- Recently which bank launched digital loan processing system for MSME, agri borrowers?
A) IDBI Bank
C) Bank of Baroda
D) ICICI Bank
Explanation: IDBI Bank announced the launch of its fully digitised loan processing system, offering over 50 products to MSME and agriculture sector.
- Recently RBI has increased the maximum amount outstanding in respect of full-KYC PPIs(KYC-compliant PPIs) to how much amount?
A) ₹4 lakh
B) ₹3 lakh
C) ₹1 lakh
D) ₹2 lakh
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) makes interoperability mandatory for Prepaid Payment Instruments (PPIs). The central bank has advised banks and companies to enable interoperability by March 31, 2022. That means interoperability for mobile wallets will be in effect from the starting of the financial year FY23.
- Recently which bank has launched digital banking solutions for its corporate customers named SmartServe?
B) ICICI Bank
C) DBS Bank
D) IDBI Bank
Explanation: HSBC India has launched digital banking solutions for its corporate customers.
- Recently which company has launched Vision LifeIncome Plus plan?
A) Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance
B) Nippon India
C) SBI Capital
D) Mirrae Asset
Explanation: Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance (ABSLI), the life insurance subsidiary of Aditya Birla Capital Limited (ABCL), has announced the launch of a hyper-flexible savings plan.
- Recently which company announced a tie-up with Digital Swiss Gold (DSG) that will allow individuals to transact in gold digitally in Switzerland?
C) Digisafe Solutions
D) Alankit Imaginations
Explanation: Alankit Imaginations Ltd announced a tie-up with Digital Swiss Gold (DSG) that will allow individuals to transact in gold digitally in Switzerland.
- Which bank has issued the first-ever foreign portfolio investor (FPI) licence to the GIFT IFSC alternative investment fund (AIF) of True Beacon Global?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
C) Bank of Baroda
D) HDFC Bank
Explanation: Kotak Mahindra Bank has issued the first-ever foreign portfolio investor (FPI) licence to the GIFT IFSC alternative investment fund (AIF) of True Beacon Global.
- Which company signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with BSE to create an ecosystem for promoting, aiding, and fostering the growth of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the country?
A) Digital Solutions
B) Bellatrous Limited
C) Dun and Bradstreet Information Services
Explanation: Dun & Bradstreet Information Services India, a global provider of B2B data, insights, and AI-driven platforms, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with BSE to create an ecosystem for promoting, aiding, and fostering the growth of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the country.
- Recently IRDAI Slapped Rs 24 Lakh Penalty on Which company for Violating Advertisement Norm?
Explanation: Insurance sector regulator Irdai has slapped a fine of Rs 24 lakh on policy aggregator Policybazaar for violating advertisement norms with regard to SMS sent to customers last year about increase in term insurance policy premiums.
- Recently Credit Suisse has lowered its nominal GDP growth forecast for India to how much percent?
Explanation: Citing the impact of the second wave of the pandemic over the economy and consumer sentiment, Swiss brokerage Credit Suisse has lowered its nominal GDP growth forecast by 150-300 bps to 13-14 per cent, but expects a stronger recovery in the second half as it sees the lockdowns having limited impact on tax collections.
- Recently Boyd Rankin announced his retirement from which sports?
Explanation: England and Ireland pacer Boyd Rankin, the only cricketer to have played for two countries in all three formats, has announced his retirement from international cricket.
- Recently Barbara Strycova announced her retirement from which sports?
Explanation: Barbora Strycova, a former top-ranked doubles player and Wimbledon singles semifinalist, has announced her retirement.
- The 2022 FIFA under-17 Women’s World Cup will be held in which country?
Explanation: The 2022 FIFA under-17 Women’s World Cup will be held in India from October 11 to 30, 2022, football’s global governing body said.
- Who topped the Forbes’ highest-paid athletes list for 2021?
A) Lionel Messi
B) Conor Mcgregor
C) Virat Kohli
D) Sebastian Vettel
Explanation: Irish MMA fighter Conor McGregor was the world’s highest-paid athlete over the last year ahead of footballers Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, according to the annual Forbes listreleased.
- Who has received the prestigious 2021 Templeton Prize?
A) Beckam Franklin
B) David Lily
C) Stuart James
D) Jane GoodAll
Explanation: The John Templeton Foundation has awarded the 2021 Templeton Prize to world-renowned ethologist and conservationist Jane Goodall, whose groundbreaking discoveries have changed humanity’s understanding of its role in the natural world.
- Who is the author of book “Buddha in Gandhara”?
A) Monali Krishnan
B) Vishal Thakur
C) Mohan Munda
D) Sunita Dwivedi
Explanation: Sunita Dwivedi, Silk Road traveller, photographer and independent researcher has released her latest book titled “Buddha in Gandhara”.
- When is National Endangered Species Day observed every year?
A) 3rd Friday of May
B) 1st Friday of May
C) 2nd Monday of May
D) 3rd Monday of May
Explanation: The National Endangered Species Day is celebrated on the third Friday of May every year. This year, National Endangered Species Day was observed, May 21, 2021.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of IDBI Bank?
- Where is the HQ of Kotak Mahindra Bank?
- What is the tagline of Kotak Mahindra Bank?
A) Let’s Make Momey Simple
B) Aao Sochein Bada
C) Your Family Bank ,Across India
D)Your experience with Us
- Where is the HQ of IRDAI?