Current Affairs 25 January 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 24 January 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of January 24, 2018
- Name the Bollywood actor who has been honored with the 24th Crystal Award at the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos?
A) Amitabh Bachchan
B) Akshay Kumar
C) Shah Rukh Khan
D) Amir Khan
- Recently, Connie Sawyer died at the age of 105. She was a renowned__________
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) has launched a web based online monitoring system named ___________ for the Scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG) on the occasion of National Girl Child Day
A) Scheme Reporting System (SRS)
B) Rapid Reporting System (RSS)
C) SAG Information System (SIS)
D) Report Management System (RMS)
- Who has been elected as the next Chairman of the Federal Reserve by the United States Senate?
A) Jerome H Powell
B) Marvin Goodfriend
C) Janett Yellen
D) Elizabeth Warren
- In an effort to safeguard the world from hackers and secure global cyberspace, the World Economic Forum (WEF) has announced the launch of a new Global Centre for Cybersecurity. The headquarter of the centre will be located in which city?
A) New York
- Which among the given firms has recently acquired the biometric ID verification startup named Confirm?
- What is the rank of India in the 2018 Global Talent Competitiveness Index (GTCI)?
- Name the Public Sector Unit which has acquired the government stake of 51.11% in Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL)
A) Indian Oil Corporation Limited
B) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
C) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
D) Reliance Industries Limited
- The 48th World Economic Forum Summit was held in which country?
C) United Arab Emirates
D) New Zealand
- Name the Indian state which has signed a sister state agreement with the Canton of Zurich to promote mutual prosperity and development between the two governments
A) Tamil Nadu
C) Andhra Pradesh
- Which among the following temples has been awarded the 2017 UNESCO Award of Merit?
A) Brihadeeswarar Temple
B) Srirangam Ranganathaswamy Temple
C) Padmanabhaswamy Temple
D) Vadakkunnathan Temple
- Which country has achieved the top position in the 2018 Global Talent Competitiveness Index (GTCI)?
B) United States
- Krishna Kumari who died recently was a veteran ___________
- The Government of Japan has committed an Official Development Assistance loan of approx Rs.
____ crore for Bengaluru Water Supply and Sewerage Project (Phase 3) (I).
A) Rs 3699 crore
B) Rs 2587 crore
C) Rs 1532 crore
D) Rs 4731 crore
- A.E. Manoharan passed away recently. He was a well known__________
- The government of India has announced a capital infusion of over Rs ______ crore in public sector banks before March 31 under the bank recapitalisation plan
A) Rs 80,000 crore
B) Rs 70,000 crore
C) Rs 1,00,000 crore
D) Rs 1,50,000 crore
- The AYUSH Minister, Shri Shripad Yesso Naik, has laid down the foundation stone for Central Research Institute (CRI) in which city on January 22, 2018?
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- When is the National Girl Child Day observed?
A) January 25
B) January 22
C) January 23
D) January 24
- The Global Talent Competitiveness Index is published by which University?
B) Stanford University
C) Harvard University
D) University of Cambridge
- The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) is a public sector undertaking having its headquarter in______
A) Gurgaon, Haryana
B) Dehradun, Uttarakhand
C) New Delhi
D) Kolkata, West Bengal