Current Affairs 25 March 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 24 March 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of March 24, 2018
- The 5th edition of the India Maize Summit was held in which city recently?
D) New Delhi
Explanation: Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) organized the 5th edition of India Maize Summit on March 23rd , 2018 at FICCI, Federation House, New Delhi. FICCI has been organizing India Maize Summit since 2013 and after the success of last four editions, FICCI has now declared this as an Annual event.
- Name the Indian ace billiards player who has won the 2017-18 Asian Billiards Championships title to become world champion in billiards?
A) Aditya Mehta
B) Pankaj Advani
C) B Bhaskar
D) Manan Chandra
Explanation: Pankaj Advani has defended his Asian Billiards Championships title. In the summit clash at Yangon in Myanmar, Advani defeated his practice partner B Bhaskar 6-1. With this win, Advani remains the reigning Indian, Asian and world champion in billiards for 2017-18.
- Which among the following social reformer’s birth anniversary will now be observed as Social Justice Day across India?
A) Dr BR Ambedkar
B) Vinoba Bhave
C) Swami Vivekananda
D) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
Explanation: One of the BJP’s spokesperson announced that the birth anniversary of India’s Dalit social reformer Dr BR Ambedkar will be celebrated as ‘Social Justice Day’.
- When is the World Tuberculosis Day observed?
A) March 21
B) March 23
C) March 24
D) March 22
Explanation: World Tuberculosis Day, observed on 24 March each year, is designed to build public awareness about the global epidemic of tuberculosis (TB) and efforts to eliminate the disease.
- In a move to empower rural women through community participation, the Indian Government has approved the Mahila Shakti Kendra scheme for a period ending _______
Explanation: Government of India has approved Mahila Shakti Kendra scheme for the period 2017-18 upto 2019-20 to empower rural women through community participation.
- When was the 2018 Earth Hour observed?
A) March 23
B) March 25
C) March 24
D) March 22
Explanation: Earth Hour was observed from 8:30 to 9:30 on 24th March 2018. It is the world’s largest grassroots movement for the environment where people around the globe unite to take a stand against climate change by turning off non-essential lights for one hour. It is a global initiative of the World Wide Fund for Nature India or WWF-India.
- Which Indian state hosted the 46th edition of the All India Police Science Congress?
B) Himachal Pradesh
Explanation: The two-day 46th All India Police Science Congress organised by the Himachal Pradesh Police Department and The Bureau of Police Research and Development held in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
- How much amount has been fixed by the Government of India as agriculture credit target for the fiscal year 2018-19?
A) Rs 11 lakh
B) Rs 9 lakh
C) Rs 12 lakh
D) Rs 10 lakh
Explanation: The government has fixed the agriculture credit target of 11 lakh crore rupees for the year 2018-19 against last year’s target of 10 lakh crore rupees.
- Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Thaawarchand Gehlot has recently launched the first ever ‘Indian Sign Language’ (ISL) dictionary containing ________ words
Explanation: Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot launched the first Indian Sign Language (ISL) Dictionary of three thousand words. The basic aim of developing the ISL Dictionary is to remove communications barriers between the deaf and hearing communities as it is focused on providing more information in Indian sign language.
- What is the theme of the 2018 World Tuberculosis Day?
A) Stop TB in my lifetime
B) Innovate to accelerate action
C) Unite to end TB
D) Wanted: Leaders for a TB-free world
Explanation: The theme of World Tuberculosis Day in 2018 is “Wanted: Leaders for a TB-free world”. World TB Day is one of eight official global public health campaigns marked by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Name the mobile App launched by the government of Kerala enabling the citizens to avail over 100 government services across 17 different departments under a single window.
D) Haritha Keralam
Explanation: Kerala, which last year became the first Indian State to declare Internet a basic human right, has notched up another first to its credit by launching mKeralam, an app that will serve as a single window for accessing thousands of government services. mKeralam application is onboarded with 100 services across 17 different departments under the Kerala Government. The major aim of this application is to enable a citizen for all kinds of interactions and services with the state government in a fast, seamless and cost-effective manner.
- Who among the given has been appointed as the new President of Peru?
A) Martin Vizcarra
B) Mercedes Araoz
C) Sebastian Pinera
D) Michel Temer
Explanation: Peruvian regional governor Martin Vizcarra was sworn in as the country’s new president, after his predecessor Pedro Pablo Kuczynski abruptly resigned over a corruption scandal.
- Which among the given communities of Karnataka has recently been granted minority status by the state government?
Explanation: The Karnataka Government has declared minority status to the Lingayats community. It was announced after Chief Minister Siddaramaiah-led government accepted the suggestions of Nagamohan Das committee to grant a separate religion status to the Lingayats community.
- Name the small finance bank which has tied up with IPL franchise Chennai Super Kings (CSK) to launch Yellow Army Savings Account
A) AU Small Finance Bank
B) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
C) Utkarsh Small Finance Bank
D) Equitas Small Finance Bank
Explanation: Equitas Small Finance Bank has launched a new ‘Yellow Army Savings Account’ to increase its customer base through its association with the Chennai Super Kings (CSK), a franchise of the Indian Premium League (IPL).
- Which among the given Indian Airports has won the Airport Service Quality awards 2017 for the ‘Most Improved Airport’ in the Asia Pacific region?
A) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
B) Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport
C) Goa International Airport
D) Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport
Explanation: Fructifying the continuous efforts to make the journey of passengers more comfortable, the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport in Ahmedabad has received the award for the ‘Most Improved Airport’ in the Asia Pacific region, in Airport Service Quality awards 2017 organised by the Airport Council International (ACI).
- Who among the given has clinched gold in women’s 10m Air Pistol event at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Junior World in Sydney, Australia?
A) Mahima Turhi Agrawal
B) Manu Bhaker
C) Devanshi Rana
D) Manisha Keer
Explanation: Teenager Manu Bhaker nailed her second World Cup gold medal inside a month, winning the womens 10m Air Pistol title at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Junior World in Sydney, Australia.
- The Indian Navy has decommissioned 3 Karwar-class minesweeper on March 24, 2018. Which among the following is not one among them?
Explanation: The Indian Navy has decommissioned 3 Karwar-class minesweepers ‘Konkan’, ‘Cannanore’ and ‘Cuddalore’. These minesweepers ‘retired’ as operational ships after three decades of service in the Indian Navy.
- Under the newly launched ‘Yellow Army Savings Account’, the interest rate on deposits will be offered in the range of _________
A) 4- 5 %
B) 5 – 5.5%
C) 7 – 7.5 %
D) 6 – 6.5 %
Explanation: The yellow army savings account will offer an interest rate of six per cent per annum for balance below ₹10 lakh and 6.5 per cent per annum for balance above ₹10 lakh. The average quarterly balance requirement will be ₹10,000 per account.
- Which Indian sports celebrity has been chosen to be the flag-bearer of the Indian contingent for the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in 2018?
A) PV Sindhu
B) Saina Nehwal
C) Srikanth Kidambi
D) Parupalli Kashyap
Explanation: Rio-Olympic silver-medalist PV Sindhu will be the flag-bearer of the Indian contingent for the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast, Australia to be held from 4 Apr 2018 to 15 Apr 2018.
- The Reliance Industries Ltd has recently announced to merge its digital music service JioMusic with which among the given global music and audio streaming service?
Explanation: Mukesh Ambani-helmed Reliance Industries Ltd announced an integration with leading music app Saavn for its digital music service JioMusic. The combined entity is valued at over $1 billion, with JioMusic’s implied valuation at $670 million.
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- The 2018 Commonwealth Games will take place in which country?
Explanation: The 2018 Commonwealth Games, officially known as the XXI Commonwealth Games and commonly known as Gold Coast 2018, is an international multi-sport event for members of the Commonwealth that will be held on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia between 4 and 15 April 2018.
- What is the currency of Peru?
Explanation: Capital – Lima
President – Martín Vizcarra
- Who among the following is also referred as the Father of the Indian Constitution?
A) Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar
B) Vinoba Bhave
C) Swami Vivekananda
D) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
Explanation: Due to his seminal role in the framing of the Indian Constitution, Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar is popularly known all over India as the chief architect of the Indian Constitution
- What is the constituency of the Social Justice and Empowerment Minister?
A) Gujarat Rajya Sabha
B) Madhya Pradesh Rajya Sabha
C) Karnataka Rajya Sabha
D) Himachal Pradesh Rajya Sabha
Explanation: Dr. Thawar Chand Gehlot is an Indian politician who currently serves as the Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment in the Modi ministry. He is member of the Rajya Sabha, upper house of Indian Parliament, representing the state of Madhya Pradesh.
- Who is the Director-General of FICCI?
A) Puneet Mahajan
B) Dilip Chenoy
C) Sanjaya Baru
D) Rashesh Shah
Explanation: Rashesh Shah- President
Sanjaya Baru- Secretary General