Current Affairs 26 July 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 25 July 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of July 25, 2020
- Who is appointed as the CEO and director of Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN)?
A) Sushil Kumar
B) Vinod Dhiman
C) Ajay Garg
D) Alok Misra
Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN), the industry association and Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) for the microfinance industry in India has appointed Dr Alok Misra, currently Professor & Chairperson of Public Policy & Governance at MDI Gurgaon, as its new Chief Executive Officer.
- Where is Kakrapar nuclear power plant situated which has become the first indigenous nuclear reactor to attain criticality?
Unit 3 of the Kakrapar nuclear power plant in the Surat district of the Indian state of Gujarat has attained a sustained chain reaction for the first time. The unit is India’s 23rd reactor to enter operation.
- At which of the following place did Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) set up a Covid-19 testing facility to increase the rate of testing to identify corona cases in the area?
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has established a COVID-19 testing facility at the Leh-based Defence Institute of High Altitude Research (DIHAR) to enhance the rate of testing to identify coronavirus cases in the Union Territory of Ladakh.
- Where is the Indian Navy’s largest solar power plant commissioned in July 2020?
The Indian Navy’s largest solar power plant has been commissioned at Ezhimala, located near Payyanur, in Kannur district of Kerala.
- Which of the following institutes developed a ‘smart wristband’ for effective tracking and monitoring of Covid-19 positive and suspect patients?
A) AIIMS, Nagpur
B) AIIMS, Rishikesh
C) AIIMS, Jodhpur
D) AIIMS, Bhopal
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Nagpur has indigenously designed and developed a ‘smart wristband’ for effective tracking and monitoring of Covid-19 positive and suspect patients.
The new device, a wristband is designed in collaboration with IIT Jodhpur and IIT Nagpur looks to overcome the limitations of existing online mobile apps used for tracking and monitoring coronavirus patients.
- According to the Singaporean brokerage DBS, by what percent will the India’s GDP shrink in FY21?
Singaporean brokerage DBS has predicted deeper distress for the country which will lead to a 6 per cent growth contraction in FY21. In its earlier forecast, the brokerage had penciled in a minus 4.8 per cent growth for the current fiscal.
- What is the outlay of Manipur Water Supply Project under the Jal Jeevan Mission-Har Ghar Jal Scheme for which the foundation stone was laid by PM Narendra Modi in July 2020?
A) Rs 4120 cr
B) Rs 2870 cr
C) Rs 3050 cr
D) Rs 4560 cr
Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the Rs 3,050-crore Manipur Water Supply Project under the Jal Jeevan Mission-Har Ghar Jal Scheme through a video conference.
- How much amount has been sanctioned under a special scheme, ‘SWAMIH’ to ensure completion of about 60,000 houses by the Union Ministry of Finance?
A) Rs 6228 cr
B) Rs 9514 cr
C) Rs 3528 cr
D) Rs 8767 cr
The Union Ministry of Finance has sanctioned over Rs 8,700 crore under a special scheme, ‘SWAMIH’ to ensure completion of about 60,000 houses.
The Special Window for Affordable and Mid Income Housing scheme (SWAMIH) aims to complete construction of stalled, brownfield, RERA-registered residential developments that are in affordable housing/mid-income category.
- Which insurance company has received Rs 800 crore worth crop insurance mandate from Maharashtra and Karnataka governments to insure the farmers of the two states?
A) Aegon Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
B) Bharti AXA General Insurance
C) Aviva Life Insurance Co. India Ltd.
D) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
Private non-life insurer Bharti AXA General Insurance said it has received Rs 800 crore worth crop insurance mandate from Maharashtra and Karnataka governments to insure farmers in both the states under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY).
- Which of the following NBFCs has launched a portal Restartindia, a free mentoring platform to help the Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME)?
A) Cholamandalam Finance
B) Bajaj Finance Limited
C) Aditya Birla Finance Ltd.
D) Muthoot Fincorp
Kerala-based NBFC, Muthoot Fincorp, has launched a portal Restartindia, a free mentoring platform to help the Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector to restart businesses across the country.
- Which state has launched “one-stop shop” scheme to fast-track investments and help revive industries in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic?
B) West Bengal
A “one-stop shop” scheme approved in Rajasthan is set to fast-track investments and help revive industries in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic by giving as many as 98 types of clearances under one roof to the potential investors through the Bureau of Investment Promotion (BIP).
- Acko General Insurance has tied up with which platform to sell its motor vehicle policies on the latter?
B) Amazon Pay
Amazon has entered the insurance distribution business in India, tying up with general insurance startup Acko to sell motor vehicle policies on its Pay platform.
- In a reshuffle in July 2020, P. Amudha had been appointed as Joint Secretary in which of the following?
A) President’s Office
B) Central Vigilance Commission
C) National Council for Teachers’ Education
D) Prime Minister’s Office
P. Amudha, a 1994 batch IAS officer of Tamil Nadu cadre, has been brought to the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) as Joint Secretary in a reshuffle involving 16 officials of elite services from different categories.
- Who has authored the book ‘The Pandemic Century: One Hundred Years of Panic, Hysteria and Hubris’?
A) Lee Child
B) Philip Pullman
C) Mark Honigsbaum
D) J. K. Rowling
Mark Honigsbaum is a medical historian, journalist, and author has released his new book titled ”The Pandemic Century: One Hundred Years of Panic, Hysteria and Hubris’.
- Annie Ross who passed away in July 2020 was related to which profession?
Annie Ross, a popular jazz singer in the 1950s before crossing over into a successful film career, has died in her Manhattan home, New York . She was 89.
- Sripali Weerakkody announced to retire from the international cricket in July 2020. She hails from which country?
A) Sri Lanka
C) West Indies
D) South Africa
Sri Lanka woman cricketer Sripali Weerakkody has decided to retire from international cricket with immediate effect. She has officially informed her intention to Sri Lanka Cricket
- In July 2020, Naveen Tahilyani was appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director of which organization?
A) SBI Cards
B) National Mineral Development Corporation
C) Tata AIA Life Insurance
D) SBI General Insurance
Tata AIA Life Insurance has appointed Naveen Tahilyani as the new Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director. This is subject to regulatory approval from Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). This is Tahilyani’s second stint at Tata AIA Life Insurance.
- Partha Pratim Sengupta has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director of which bank?
A) Indian Overseas Bank
B) Federal Bank
C) Punjab National Bank
D) Lakshmi Vilas Bank
Partha Pratim Sengupta, Deputy Managing Director and Chief Credit Officer at State Bank of India, has been appointed as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Indian Overseas Bank.
- Amala Shankar who passed away recently was a renowned ________
Renowned Indian dancer and choreographer Amala Shankar, who celebrated her 101st birthday last month, died of cardiac arrest in her sleep.
- Riva Ganguly Das has been appointed as the next Secretary (East) in which of the following Union Ministries?
A) Ministry of Home Affairs
B) Ministry of Law and Justice
C) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
D) Ministry of External Affairs
The Modi administration announced the appointment of Riva Ganguly Das as the next Secretary (East) in the Ministry of External Affairs.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of MicroFinance Institutions Network (MFIN) located?
D) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Bharti Axa General Insurance situated?
A) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Acko General Insurance located?
- Where is the HQ of Indian Overseas Bank located?
B) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Tata AIA Life located?
One Thought to “Current Affairs Quiz: July 26, 2020”
My brother suggested I might like this website. He was entirely right. This post actually made my day. You cann’t imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!