Current Affairs 26 November 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 25 November 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of November 25, 2019
- Who launched the Fit India School grading system in schools across the country?
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Fit India School grading system in schools across the country.
- Which state police launched ‘She Shuttle’ for women’s?
Explanation: In a move to improve measures for the safety and security of women, the Rachakonda Police inaugurated the exclusive bus service ‘She Shuttle’ for women passengers in Hyderabad.
- Which state to get its fourth tiger reserve ‘ Guru Ghasidas National Park’?
Explanation: Chhattisgarh is set to have Guru Ghasidas National Park in Kotiya district as its fourth ‘tiger reserve’. Presently there are three tiger reserves in the state which are: Achanakmar Tiger Reserve, Udanti-Sitanadi Tiger Reserve and Indravati Tiger Reserve.
- Which state government has launched a separate call centre 14400 to receive complaints regarding corruption?
Explanation: The Government of Andhra Pradesh has launched a separate call centre to receive complaints regarding corruption. CM YS Jaganmohan Reddy inaugurated the 14400 citizen helpline number at his camp office.
- Which state government is launching a massive immunisation campaign against the filariasis or Filaria?
Explanation: Uttar Pradesh government is launching a massive immunisation campaign against the filariasis or Filaria. Under this campaign more than 65 thousand teams of health workers will distribute medicines to around 6.5 crore people till 10 December in 19 districts.
- The exercise MILAN 2020 is scheduled to be held at which place?
Explanation: Minister of State for Defence Shripad Naik said that the naval exercise MILAN 2020 is scheduled to be held at Vishakhapatnam in March 2020 in which 41 nations including the US, France, Iran and Saudi Arabia have been invited.
- As per Ministry of Tourism Statistics,Statistics,which state is the top destination in India?
Explanation: Statistics given by the Ministry of Tourism to parliament show that the top three countries whose tourists arrived in India in 2018, are Bangladesh, the United States and the United Kingdom with Bangladesh leading the numbers.
- What is the rank of IndiaWhat is the rank of India in WHO study on physical activity among adolescents?
Explanation: According to a study by World Health Organization (WHO), India is among the top ten ranking countries with the lowest level of insufficient physical activity among adolescents. India is ranked eighth with overall prevalence of insufficient physical activity in adolescents at 73.9 per cent.
- Who has won the Scottish Open badminton men’s singles title?
Explanation: India’s Lakshya Sen has won the Scottish Open badminton men’s singles title, defeating Brazilian Ygor Coelho to seal his fourth title in 3 months.
- Who has clinched 6th Davis Cup title?
D)Lee Chen Wei
Explanation: Rafael Nadal has clinched 6th Davis Cup title for Spain after beating Denis Shapovalov of Canada in front of a jubilant home crowd in Madrid.
- Which city Which city was confirmed as the host city of the 2022 World Athletics Indoor Championships at the World Athletics Council Meeting?
Explanation: Serbia will stage its first-ever World Athletics Series event after its capital, Belgrade, was confirmed as the host city of the 2022 World Athletics Indoor Championships at the World Athletics Council Meeting.
- Who has been appointed as CEO of Kerala Bank?
Explanation: The government has decided to appoint P.S. Rajan, general manager, Union Bank of India as CEO, Kerala Bank.
- Who has been crowned Miss Teen India 2019?
B)Nisha Kumari Singh
Explanation: Nisha Kumari Singh from Bengaluru has been crowned Miss Teen India 2019. With participants between 16 and 19 years of age, the nationwide contest offered experiences for young women to enhance their inherent grace through personality and confidence development with a focus on communication skills, style, fine etiquette, and manners.
- Which Indian journalist was one of several recipients of the 2019 International Press Freedom Awards, awarded by the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ)?
Explanation: Indian journalist Neha Dixit was one of several recipients of the 2019 International Press Freedom Awards, awarded by the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ), a non-profit organization whose aim is to enable journalists to work without the fear of reprisal.
- Recently Kailash Joshi passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kailash Joshi has passed away. He was 90.
- Recently Kshiti Goswami passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Senior Revolutionary Socialist Party (RSP) leader and former West Bengal minister Kshiti Goswami has passed awaydue to old age-related illness. He was 77.
- What is the theme of this year’s International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women?
A)Orange the World: Generation Equality Stands Against Rape
B)Equality and Universe
C)Hear Me Too
D)Leave No One Behind
Explanation: The United Nations General Assembly has designated November 25 as the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women. The premise of the day is to raise awareness of the fact that women around the world are subject to rape, domestic violence and other forms of violence; furthermore, one of the aims of the day is to highlight that the scale and true nature of the issue is often hidden.The theme for 2019 is “Orange the World: Generation Equality Stands Against Rape”.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of World Health Organisation?
- Where is the capital of Bangladesh?
- Where is Udanti-Sitanadi Tiger Reserve situated?