Current Affairs 27 August 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 26 August 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 26, 2020
- Baldeep Ningthoujam from which state has developed mobile game named ‘Coroboi’ amid Covid-19 pandemic?
A) Arunachal Pradesh
- Cricketer Cameron White of which country has announced his retirement from all forms of professional cricket?
B) West Indies
C) South Africa
- The Dom Raja of where in Gujarat, Jagdish Chaudhary, passed away recently?
- Dr. G. Satheesh Reddy, head of which of the following has been given a two-year extension as its chairman?
A) NITI Aayog
B) Indian Space Research Organisation
C) Defence Research and Development Organisation
D) Defence Institute Of Advanced Technology
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) has signed MoU with National Cooperative Union of India and which other organization to utilise their expertise in agri sector?
A) KJI India Ltd
B) AFC India Ltd
C) MNC India Ltd
D) BGD India Ltd
- Which of the following has bagged the “Swachhta Hi Seva award” for making an extremely valuable contribution in the implementation of the “Swachhta Hi Seva Programme” for transforming Neyveli Township in Tamil Nadu?
A) NLC India Limited
B) PTC India Limited
C) DFC India Limited
D) FMC India Limited
- NABARD signed a pact with Vivriti Capital and which bank to launch a dedicated debt and credit guarantee programme in a bid to ensure uninterrupted flow of credit in rural areas affected by the COVID-19 pandemic?
A) Jana Small Finance Bank
B) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
C) Fincare Small Finance Bank
D) ESAF Small Finance Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has projected India’s growth rate at what percent for 2020-21?
- Which Information Technology company has collaborated with NITI Aayog to empower women entrepreneurs in the country?
A) Tech Mahindra
- Which government has launched a portal for NRIs named ‘NRI unified portal’, to help bring investment in the state along with assisting those seeking jobs abroad?
A) Uttar Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
- Which Indian institute along with Stuttgart University has developed a method to dispose pharma waste?
A) IIT Bombay
B) IIT Kharagpur
C) IIT Roorkee
D) IIT Madras
- Which bank has become the first in the country to deploy satellite data to assess Farmer Loans?
A) Yes Bank
B) IDFC First Bank
C) ICICI Bank
D) HDFC Bank
- Which insurance company has launched a first-of-its-kind policy called ‘Shagun – Gift an insurance’ for the purpose of gifting Personal Accident policy?
A) IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
B) Reliance General Insurance Company
C) SBI General Insurance
D) Future Generali Insurance
- Which of the following has entered an alliance with Goals101.ai to create targeted and personalized offers for bank cardholders?
A) National Payments Corporation of India
C) SBI Cards
- When is World Gujarati Day observed?
A) 21 August
B) 24 August
C) 25 August
D) 22 August
- Neelakanta Bhanu Prakash who has become the world’s fastest human calculator after winning Gold in the Mental Calculation World Championship at Mind Sports Olympiad (MSO) held in which country?
- Who is one of the authors of the book titled ‘Running Toward Mystery: The Adventure of an Unconventional Life’?
A) Ausma Zehanat Khan
B) Zara Houshmand
C) Karuna Riazi
D) Asma Lamrabet
- Who has been appointed as the interim Managing Director and the CEO of Indian Energy Exchange (IEX)?
A) Satyanarayan Goel
B) Rishikesh Mukherjee
C) Gopalakrishnan Swamy
D) Shravan Bhatia
- Pascal Lissouba, former president of which country passed away in August 2020?
- Name the country’s first bullion index launched by India’s largest commodity exchange the Multi-Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX)?
A) MCX iCOMDEX Bullion
B) MCX iSOLDEX Bullion
C) MCX iDITDEX Bullion
D) MCX iMONDEX Bullion
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the currency of Democratic Republic of the Congo?
- Where is the HQ of Multi Commodity Exchange situated?
C) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of NLC India Limited located?
- Where is the HQ of Mastercard located?
A) Dubai, UAE
B) London, UK
C) New York, USA
D) California, USA