Current Affairs 28 and 29 September 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 27 and 28 September 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of September 27 and 28, 2020
- What is the theme of World Rabies Day 2020?
A) Rabies: Zero by 30
B) Rabies: Vaccinate to Eliminate
C) Rabies: Share the message. Save a life
D) End Rabies: Collaborate, Vaccinate
- What is the theme of the International Day for the Universal Access to Information 2020?
A) Discuss and raise awareness about freedom of information
B) Open Talks: Leaving No One Behind!
C) Access to Information – Saving lives, Building Trust, Bringing Hope!
D) Powering Sustainable Development with Access to Information
- What is the theme of the World Tourism Day 2020?
A) Tourism and the Digital Transformation
B) Tourism and Jobs: a better future for all
C) Tourism and Rural Development
D) Sustainable Tourism – a Tool for Development
- Jaswant Singh, former Union minister who passed away did not take charge of which of the following ministries?
D) External Affairs
- Isher Judge Ahluwalia who passed away recently was related to which profession?
D) Data Analyst
- Who won the Russian Grand Prix 2020?
A) Lewis Hamilton
B) Max Verstappen
C) Valtteri Bottas
D) Sergio Pérez
- Who has been elected as the president of the Indian Newspaper Society?
A) Shailesh Gupta
B) L Adimoolam
C) Rakesh Sharma
D) D D Purkayastha
- Who has been conferred with the Assam Government’s Srimanta Sankaradeva Award 2017?
A) Homen Borgohain
B) Bhabendra Nath Saikia
C) Nagen Saikia
D) Sattra Basishta Deva Sarma
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a grant assistance of how much amount for the promotion of Buddhist ties between India and Sri Lanka to further enhance bilateral cultural links?
A) USD 12 million
B) USD 15 million
C) USD 20 million
D) USD 26 million
- Which state government announced a scheme called ‘Paryatan Sanjeevani Scheme’ to provide interest subsidy to entrepreneurs to revive the tourism industry?
A) Himachal Pradesh
- Who has been roped in by the Reserve Bank of India for the customer awareness campaign to prevent gullible account holders from being duped by fraudsters?
A) Shahrukh Khan
B) Anil Kapoor
C) Ayushman Khurana
D) Amitabh Bachchan
- According to the Trade and Development Report 2020 by UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), India’s economy will contract by how much percent in 2020?
- Alyssa Healy, cricketer from which country has broken MS Dhoni’s record for the most number of dismissals by a wicketkeeper in T20 internationals?
A) South Africa
B) West Indies
- Which institute topped the QS Global MBA Rankings 2021?
A) MIT Sloan School of Management
B) London Business School
C) Harvard Business School
D) HES Paris School of Management
- Who has authored the book titled ‘The Very, Extremely, Most Naughty Asura Tales’?
A) Ravi Subramanian
B) Ashwin Sanghi
C) Anand Neelakantan
D) Devdutt Pattanaik
- What is the rank of India in the World Risk Index (WRI) 2020?
- Who has been roped in as the brand ambassador of CEAT Tyres?
A) Aamir Khan
B) Tiger Shroff
C) Anil Kapoor
D) Varun Dhawan
- Which state government developed a mobile app through which air passengers can download forms, fill it up, and show it at airports to avoid delay in completing formalities for COVID-19 tests?
B) West Bengal
- Which of the following has been granted in-principle approval by the RBI to set up Bharat Bill Payment Operating Unit (BBPOU) under the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 to handle payment services related to bills.
A) Welspun India
B) Vakrangee Ltd
C) ITC Limited
D) Vedata Ltd
- When is World Contraception Day observed each year?
A) September 27
B) September 24
C) September 25
D) September 26
- Which bank has partnered with life sciences firm Bayer for later’s better life farming (BLF) initiative in India to provide enhanced and holistic financial solutions to smallholder farmers and rural farming communities?
A) IDFC First Bank
B) Axis Bank
C) HDFC Bank
D) Yes Bank
- The design of India’s first Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) train which can attain a top speed of 180 kilometres per hour is inspired by which of the following?
A) Lotus Temple
B) Taj Mahal
C) Qutub Minar
D) Hawa Mahal
- Which of the following launched a campaign ‘Contactless Connections’ to spreads the message that love and care can be shared even during this difficult period where social distancing is the norm?
A) ICICI Lombard Limited
B) HDFC Housing Finance
C) SBI Card
D) BOB Financial Services Solutions
- Which woman mid-fielder won the All India Football Federation (AIFF) Footballer of the Year awards for the 2019-20 season?
A) Maymol Rocky
B) Sanju Yadav
C) Aditi Chauhan
D) Ritu Rani
- In September 2020, which state signed an MoU with the UK India Business Council (UKIBC) to accelerate industrial development in the state?
A) West Bengal
B) Tamil Nadu
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Indian Newspaper Society situated?
A) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of CEAT situated?
- Where is the HQ of Vakrangee Ltd located?