Current Affairs 28 August 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 27 August 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 27, 2020
- In August 2020, The Ministry of Culture announced 7 new circles of Archaeological Survey of India, ASI. Which one of the following is not among those 7 circles?
- Which state/UT government has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) M3M Foundation to facilitate students’ for online preparation for government jobs?
A) Himachal Pradesh
D) Himachal Pradesh
- Women in which state topped the list of MUDRA loan scheme female beneficiaries?
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) Tamil Nadu
- Which state has topped the first ever Export Preparedness index 2020 released by NITI Aayog on the lines of ease of doing business ranking?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Tamil Nadu
- In which state a handicraft production centre is being inaugurated in August 2020 in a bid to give a boost to the Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Mission?
B) West Bengal
D) Madhya Pradesh
- Which of the following launched the India Component of the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC) – Transport Initiative for Asia (TIA)?
A) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
B) NITI Aayog
C) Competition Commission of India
D) Ministry of Tourism
- Which university has become the first in the country to set up a Space Innovation-cum-Incubation Centre with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)?
A) NTR University of Health Sciences
B) Jai Narain Vyas University
C) Utkal University
D) Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology
- To promote the trading of which GI-tagged product, is the e-auction portal launched in August 2020?
A) Kashmir Saffron
B) Kangra Tea
C) Coorg Orange
D) Bikaneri Bhujia
- In which of the following state a rare fish called Mahseer (scientific name Tor) was sighted and fished out?
B) Andhra Pradesh
- In August 2020, World Health Organization declared which continent to be polio free?
B) South America
- Which bank launched a new savings account called the ‘Liberty Savings Account’ for Indian youth, aimed at millennial customers?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) HDFC Bank
C) Axis Bank
D) Federal Bank
- Which bank has introduced a platform called ‘Omni Collect’, a one-stop solution to provide multiple payment options on single platform?
A) Deutsche Bank
B) Doha Bank
C) HSBC Bank
D) DBS Bank
- In August 2020, The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) decided to dissolve BCSBI. What does S stand for in BCSBI?
- Which insurance company has launched a Pet Dog Insurance Policy for pet dogs to provide comprehensive coverage to domesticated pet dogs?
A) SBI Life Insurance
B) Kotak Life Insurance
C) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
D) PNB MetLife Life Insurance
- Which cricketer has become the first fast bowler in history to take 600 Test wickets?
A) James Anderson
B) Dale Steyn
C) Stuart Broad
D) Glenn McGrath
- Indian sportsperson Poulomi Ghatak has announced her retirement from which game to shift focus on coaching career?
A) Table Tennis
- Vinay M Tonse has been appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of which of the following?
A) SBI Life Insurance
B) SBI Funds
C) SBI Funds Management
D) State Bank of India
- A book titled ‘Cricket Drona’ is based on the life of which coach?
A) Bishan Singh Bedi
B) Vasudev Jagannath Paranjpe
C) Anshuman Gaekwad
D) Ramakant Achrekar
- Ashok Sahil who passed away recently was related to which profession?
- What is the theme of World Water Week 2020?
A) Water and Climate change: Accelerating Action
B) Water for society – including all
C) Water, Ecosystems and Human Development
D) Water and waste: Reduce and reuse
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Banking Codes and Standards Board of India located?
- Where is the HQ of Bajaj Allianz General Insurance situated?
- Where is the HQ of Archaeological Survey of India situated?
C) New Delhi