Current Affairs 28 August 2021 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 27 August 2021 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 27, 2021
- Former cricketer Ted Dexter who passed away hailed from which country?
- Who is the writer of the book titled ‘Accelerating India: 7 Years of Modi Government’?
A) KJ Alphons
B) Thomas Isaac
C) Kummanam Rajasekharan
D) A. N. Radhakrishnan
- Who has written the biography ‘The Kapil Sharma Story’ on the life journey of Kapil Sharma?
A) Ashwin Sanghi
B) Aravind Adiga
C) Ravinder Singh
D) Ajitabha Bose
- Which country test launched a indigenously developed guided multi-launch rocket system, Fatah-1?
- Who are the winners of 2020 Odia and Malayalam Sahitya Akademi awards respectively?
A) Yashodhara Mishra and Omcherry N.N. Pillai
B) Dasarathi Das and K. P. Ramanunni
C) Gayatri Saraf and V. Madhusoodanan Nair
D) Tarun Kanti Mishra and Prabha Varma
- Which bank has appointed Carol Furtado as the officer on special duty (OSD) of the bank?
A) Punjab National Bank
B) ICICI Bank
C) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
D) NSDL Payments Bank
- Hitendra Dave is appointed as the chief executive officer of which bank?
A) Citibank India
B) HSBC India
C) DBS India
D) Barclays Bank India
- Who is named as the brand ambassador of Samsung India?
A) Karishma Kapoor
B) Deepika Padukone
C) Raveena Tandon
D) Alia Bhatt
- Who won the II Terras de Tras-os-Montes Chess Open in Portugal?
A) Nihal Sarin
B) Abhijit Kunte
C) Arjun Erigaisi
D) D Gukesh
- Flipkart Wholesale in partnership with which bank has launched credit programs to help kiranas manage their working capital requirements and grow their business?
A) IDFC FIRST Bank
B) IDBI Bank
C) Bandhan Bank
D) Bank of Karnataka
- NITI Aayog in partnership with which company has launched the next phase of the Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP), known as WEPNxt?
- Name India’s first sectoral index in the Agri commodities basket launched by the National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange Limited (NCDEX)?
- National Security Guard (NSG) carried out synchronised commando drills as part of a national mock exercise ‘Gandiv’ in multiple cities in National Capital Region, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and which other state?
- Which state selected SBI General Insurance to service Ayushman Bharat Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana (AB-SSBY) in the state?
D) Himachal Pradesh
- India signed a contract with which country to fund a project with $100 m and a Line of Credit of $400 m?
D) Sierra Leone
- Bank Employees Family Pension to be increased to what percent of last pay drawn as announced by the finance ministry?
- Which of the following extended the scope of permitted devices like laptops, wearable devices for undertaking tokenised card transactions?
A) Reserve Bank of India
B) Finance Ministry
D) Securities and Exchange Board of India
- How much loan amount has been sanctioned by Punjab National bank for the Ganga expressway project in Uttar Pradesh?
A) Rs 4600 crores
B) Rs 5100 crores
C) Rs 6700 crores
D) Rs 3200 crores
- Which bank among the following has been empanelled as an ‘Agency Bank’ by Reserve Bank of India to undertake general banking businesses of Central and State government on behalf of the RBI?
A) Karur Vysya Bank
B) Bandhan Bank
C) IDBI Bank
D) South Indian Bank
- Neobank, Freo tied up with which bank to launch zero-balance savings account that will offer a 7% interest rate on a minimum balance of ₹1 lakh?
A) Equitas Small Finance Bank
B) Capital Small Finance Bank
C) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
D) AU Small Finance Bank