Current Affairs 28 July 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 27 July 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of July 27, 2020
- Which of the following announced the launch of a macadamisation program for roads?
C) Jammu and Kashmir
- Who will head the panel formed by the civil aviation ministry to set up a single-window clearance mechanism to expedite various investment proposals?
A) Vikas Pathak
B) Suresh Sharma
C) Veer Nanda
D) Amber Dubey
- How much fund has been launched by Department of Science and Technology (DST) to support India-Russia collaboration joint R&D for tech development?
A) Rs 15 cr
B) Rs 10 cr
C) Rs 13 cr
D) Rs 19 cr
- By which year will the Indian Railways begin using Radio-Frequency Identification Tags (RFID) for tracking all wagons?
- According to a report published by the UK tech firm Comparitech, which Indian city has ranked 16th in terms of most surveilled city in the world?
- India signed contract with which country for development of Geydoshu Mas Plant in Maradhoo and Hulhudhoo islands of the latter country?
D) Sri Lanka
- How much worth of medical assistance had been provided by India to North Korea in July 2020?
A) $2 million
B) $1 million
C) $3 million
D) $4 million
- With which of the following did the Green Climate Fund (GCF) partnered to boost green recovery from COVID-19?
A) Asian Development Bank
B) World Bank
C) United Nations
D) BRICS Bank
- Under a Special Liquidity Scheme for NBFCs/HFCs, proposals worth how much amount have been sanctioned by the Union Finance Ministry?
A) Rs. 3,276 crore
B) Rs. 3,109 crore
C) Rs. 3,090 crore
D) Rs. 3,230 crore
- Recen,y in July, by crossing how much mark did the Reliance Industries became the first Indian company to reach that market capitalization?
A) Rs. 11 lakh crore
B) Rs. 13 lakh crore
C) Rs. 16 lakh crore
D) Rs. 15 lakh crore
- According to a report by TERI, by the year 2025, what can be the drop in demand for electricity in India due to COVID-19?
- In July 2020, the silver medal of the Indian 4×400 mixed relay team obtained in 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta was upgraded to Gold. This came after which of the country was disqualified due to its 1 member failing dope test?
- Which venue in Haryana has been chosen to host the fourth edition of the Khelo India Youth Games?
- With Indian Super League (ISL) getting inducted into the World Leagues Forum (WLF) in July 2020, how many total such Leagues from Asia are now a part of World Leagues Forum (WLF)?
- With which company did the National Basketball Association partnered to put Virtual Fans in Basketball Arenas?
- Who has been appointed as the Vice-Chairman of the International Union of Railways?
A) Vijay Verma
B) Arun Kumar
C) Shekhar Kumar
D) Puneet Sharma
- According to the Forbes Real-Time Billionaires List, Mukesh Ambani is at which position in terms of richest persons in the world after his net worth swells past $75 billion?
- Who launched its Covid-19 Law Lab to gather and share pandemic-related legal documents from over 190 countries across the world?
A) United Nations
B) World Health Organisation
C) World Bank
D) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- India has built World’s first-ever Electrified Rail Tunnel capable of running Double Stack Container Trains. In which state is it built?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Tamil Nadu
C) West Bengal
- Benjamin Mkapa, former president of which country passed away?
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Green Climate Fund located?
A) Rome, Italy
B) Incheon, South Korea
C) Berlin, Germany
D) Budapest, Hungary
- Where is the HQ of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) located?
D) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Athletics Integrity Unit located?
- Where is the HQ of World Leagues Forum located?
A) Rabat, Morocco
B) Amsterdam, Netherlands
C) Zurich, Switzerland
D) Abuja, Nigeria
- Where is the HQ of National Basketball Association (NBA) located?
A) Vienna, Austria
B) New York, USA
C) Oslo, Norway
D) Sydney, Australia
- Where is the HQ of International Union of Railways located?
A) Paris, France
B) Ottawa, Canada
C) Rome, Italy
D) Manila, Philippines