Current Affairs 28 October 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 27 October 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of October 27, 2019
- Recently as per government order,the disabled and people over how much years of age can now cast their vote through postal ballot?
Explanation: The disabled and people over 80 years of age can now cast their vote through postal ballot, the government said in a move that will help increase voter turnout.
- Who will head the panel that has been set up to resolve MeitY and Niti fight over AI?
Explanation: The government has formed a committee headed by principal scientific advisor K VijayRaghavan to resolve differences between the Niti Aayog and the Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY) over who will implement its ambitious artificial intelligence mission.
- Who will head the committee that has been set up by IRDAI to evaluate application under regulatory sandbox?
Explanation: Insurance regulator Irdai has set up a committee under S Sadagopan, Director of International Institute of Information Technology (Bangalore) to evaluate applications filed under the Regulatory Sandbox approach to promote innovative ideas to foster growth in insurance sector.
- What is the rank of India in Global Health Security Index?
Explanation: India has been placed at 57 position among 195 countries in the Global Health Security Index 2019 with a score of 46.5 out of 100.
- Which cyclone recently hitted Coast of Kerala andTamilnadu?
Explanation: In the wake of Cyclone Kyarr, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) has predicted heavy rainfall in Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Lakshadweep. Kerala is already under orange alert indicating heavy to very heavy rainfall in Alappuzha, Ernakulam and Idukki districts of Kerala.
- Recently Britain’s Natural History Museum named a tiny, blind and wingless beetle after which personality?
Explanation: Britain’s Natural History Museum named a tiny, blind and wingless beetle after climate activist Greta Thunberg.
- Recently New Development BankBoard of Directors approved two projects worth how much amount bringing the Bank’s portfolio to 44 projects?
A)USD 950 million
B)USD 740 million
C)USD 700 million
D)USD 800 million
Explanation: The Board of Directors of the New Development Bank (NDB) approved two projects worth USD 800 million, bringing the Bank’s portfolio to 44 projects with loans aggregating to USD 12.4 billion.
- The ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2020 to be held in which country?
Explanation: The International Cricket Council announced the schedule of the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup 2020, which will be held in South Africa from January 17 to February 10.
- Who won the FIDE Chess.com Grand Swiss in Isle of Man?
Explanation: Wang Hao of China defeated David Howell to win the FIDE Chess.com Grand Swiss in Isle of Man and qualify for the 2020 Candidates’ Tournament.
- Recently Manohar Lal Khattar took oath as CM of which state?
Explanation: Manohar Lal Khattar took oath as Haryana Chief Minister for the second term after the recently concluded polls in the state.
- Mokgweetsi Masisi was elected president of which country?
Explanation: Voters in Botswana re-elected Mokgweetsi Masisi, a president who had received international attention for lifting a ban on hunting elephants and overseeing the decriminalization of homosexuality.
- Recently KR Wadhwaney passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Veteran sports journalist KR Wadhwaney has passed away. He was 90. He remained active as a sports journalist for almost 50 years.
- What is the theme of this year’s World Day for Audiovisual Heritage?
A)Visual and the World
B)Discover,Remember and Share
C)Your Story is Moving
D)Engage the Past Through Sound and Images
Explanation: World Day for Audiovisual Heritage is celebrated all over the world on 27th of October. This commemorative day was chosen by UNESCO in 2005 to raise awareness of the significance and preservation risks of recorded sound and audiovisual documents. This year’s theme is “Engage the Past Through Sound and Images”.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Indian Meteorological Department?
- Where is the HQ of New Development Bank?