Current Affairs 29 February 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 28 February 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of February 28, 2020
- The RAISE 2020 Summit to be held in which city?
Explanation: The Government of India (GoI) announced the mega event, RAISE 2020- ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020,’ to be held from April 11-12 in New Delhi. RAISE 2020 is India’s first Artificial Intelligence summit to be organized by the Government in partnership with Industry & Academia.
- Which Company in collaboration with NITI Aayog to ’empower young minds at schools’?
Explanation: With an imperative to empower the youngest minds of the country with the latest technologies, an AI-based Module was launched for students in Indian schools by NITI Aayog, Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) in collaboration with the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM).
- India and which other country recently received AFC grassroots charter bronze memberships?
Explanation: The All India Football Federation (AIFF) and the Football Federation of Turkmenistan (FFT) are the latest to join the rising trend of AFC Member Associations benefiting from the game-changing AFC grassroots charter after they both were awarded their bronze memberships for their continuous efforts in strengthening the grassroots movement in their respective countries.In
- Which country withdraw from co-sponsoring a UN Human Rights Council resolution on accountability for war crimes?
Explanation: Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa said that his government will withdraw from co-sponsoring a UN Human Rights Council resolution on accountability for war crimes.
- Recently which payment bank achieved the milestone of two crore customers?
A)Airtel Payments Bank
B)Fino Payments Bank
C)Paytm Payments Bank
D)India Post Payments Bank
Explanation: India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has achieved the milestone of two crore customers, providing a major impetus to the government’s efforts in furthering financial inclusion in unbanked and underbanked areas across the country.
- How much amount was allocated by Asian Development Bank (ADB) to help Asia Pacific tackle coronavirus?
Explanation: The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a further two million dollars to help developing countries in Asia and the Pacific contain the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and improve resilience to this and other communicable diseases.
- Recently who stepped down as CEO of Disney?
Explanation: Bob Iger is stepping down from his position as the Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company. Disney has announced that Bob Chapek will assume the role of CEO effective immediately.
- Which became the first insurance company to use WhatsApp to deliver policy and renewal documents?
A)Bharti AXA General Insurance
C)Max Bupa General Insurance
D)United India Insurance
Explanation: Bharti AXA General Insurance has started delivering policies and renewal premium to its customers through messaging platform WhatsApp. It plans to sell private car, two-wheeler and travel insurance through a WhatsApp chatbot soon.
- Who inaugurated Baroda Startup Banking, an initiative aimed at making the bank a preferred banking partner for the start-up community?
Explanation: Finance Secretary Rajiv Kumar inaugurated Baroda Startup Banking, an initiative aimed at making the bank a preferred banking partner for the start-up community and establishing connect with at least 2,000 start-ups over the next two years.
- Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal launched which portal for Monitoring prices of TOP crops?
Explanation: Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal launched a MIEWS Web Portal that will forecast wholesale prices of three key vegetables – tomato, onion and potato (TOP) – for three months and enable the government to monitor the supply situation for timely market interventions in case of a price crash during a glut.
- which became the first government entity to join the centralized invoicing platform, TReDS, helping smaller vendors access working capital easily?
B)ordnance Factory Board
C)Shipping Corporation of India
Explanation: State-owned suppliers of arsenal and protective military gear to India’s defence personnel could become among the first government entities to join the centralized invoicing platform, TReDS, helping smaller vendors access working capital easily.
- What is the FDI limit for insurance intermediaries?
Explanation: The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has amended the foreign direct investment (FDI) policy to allow 100% FDI for insurance intermediaries, which includes insurance brooking, insurance companies, third party administrators, surveyors and loss assessors
- The International Boxing Association (AIBA) has cancelled AIBA European Forum 2020.It was scheduled to be held in which country?
Explanation: The International Boxing Association (AIBA) has cancelled AIBA European Forum 2020 in Assisi, Italy in view of the novel coronavirus outbreak.
- Which novel has been awarded Sahitya Akademi’s Translation Prize 2019?
Explanation: Sahitya Akademi’s Translation Prize for 2019 in the category of translation into English has been awarded to Kannada novel Kusumabale by Devanur Mahadeva, rendered into English by Susan Daniel.
- The sixth Offshore Patrol Vessel ”Yard 45006 VAJRA” to enhance coastal security was launched in which city?
Explanation: The sixth Offshore Patrol Vessel ”Yard 45006 VAJRA” to enhance coastal security was formally launched at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Which state government to undertake the genetic study to conserve the native species of cattle?
Explanation: With an aim to conserve the native species of cattle and domesticated animals in the Marathwada region of Maharashtra, the state government is planning to undertake their genetic study.
- Which day was declared as India’s first ‘Protein Day’?
Explanation: Right to Protein, a national-level public health initiative has launched India’s first ‘Protein Day’ on February 27,2020 to draw public attention, raise awareness, and educate India on the health benefits of protein.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of International Boxing Association?
- Where is the HQ of India Post Payments Bank?
- Where is the HQ of Asian Development Bank?
5 Thoughts to “Current Affairs Quiz: February 29, 2020”
We are a bunch of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with valuable info to paintings on. You have done a formidable process and our entire community shall be grateful to you.
I have seen that car insurance businesses know the motors which are vulnerable to accidents along with other risks. They also know what style of cars are prone to higher risk and also the higher risk they’ve the higher the actual premium price. Understanding the uncomplicated basics regarding car insurance can help you choose the right kind of insurance policy that can take care of your requirements in case you get involved in an accident. Many thanks for sharing your ideas for your blog.
you’re really a good webmaster. The website loading speed is incredible. It seems that you are doing any unique trick. In addition, The contents are masterwork. you have done a great job on this topic!
You actually make it seem really easy with your presentation however I find this matter to be really something that I believe I would never understand. It sort of feels too complicated and very extensive for me. I am having a look ahead on your next publish, I will try to get the grasp of it!
Hello There. I found your weblog the use of msn. That is an extremely neatly written article. I?ll make sure to bookmark it and come back to learn more of your helpful information. Thanks for the post. I?ll definitely return.