Current Affairs 29 January 2021 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 28 January 2021 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of January 28, 2021
- Which country hosted the two days international Climate Adaptation Summit (CAS) 2021 virtually?
- Which of the following organized “AYU SAMVAD” (My Health My Responsibility), one of the largest public awareness campaign programs on AYURVEDA and COVID 19 PANDEMIC?
A) All India Institute of Ayurveda
B) National Institute of Ayurveda
C) Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine & Research
D) Ayushkama Ayur Yoga School
- According to Oxfam’s ‘Inequality Virus Report’, Indian billionaires increased their wealth by what percent during the lockdown to ₹ 3 trillion?
- Which of the following has adopted a resolution to promote a culture of peace and tolerance to safeguard religious sites all across the world?
A) UN General Assembly
B) United Nations Security Council
C) United Nations Development Programme
D) United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- According to the data from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), overseas investment by domestic companies fell by over what per cent to $1.45 billion in December 2020?
- Which of the following company launched its new app ‘Krishi Sakha’ to cater to the specific needs of the farmers in the country and guide them in adopting best farming practices and enhancing productivity?
A) HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
B) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
C) Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
D) Bharti AXA General Insurance
- In its World Economic Outlook Update, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) expected the Indian economy to have contracted by what per cent in 2020?
- According to the FICCI’s Economic Outlook Survey, India’s gross domestic product (GDP) is expected to contract by what per cent in 2020-21?
- Which organization has named Indian development economist Jayati Ghosh among 20 prominent personalities to a high-level advisory board that will provide recommendations to respond to the challenges in the post-COVID-19 world?
A) World Health Organization
B) United Nations
C) Food and Agriculture Organization
D) United Nations Security Council
- What is the theme of International Day of Commemoration in Memory of the Victims of the Holocaust 2021?
A) 75 years after Auschwitz — Holocaust Education and Remembrance for Global Justice
B) Holocaust Remembrance and Education: Our Shared Responsibility
C) Holocaust Remembrance: Demand and Defend Your Human Rights
D) Facing the Aftermath: Recovery and Reconstitution after the Holocaust
- How much amount has been released by the Department of Expenditure of Ministry of Finance to 18 States for providing grants to the Rural Local Bodies?
A) Rs 11,276 crore
B) Rs 12,351 crore
C) Rs 14,093 crore
D) Rs 16,176 crore
- India signed the framework with which of the following for Strategic Partnership to strengthen mutual trust and cooperation and enhance global energy security, stability and sustainability?
A) International Energy Agency members
B) Energy Information Administration members
C) International Atomic Energy Agency members
D) International Renewable Energy Agency members
- The Textiles Committee of the Ministry of Textiles signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Nissenken Quality Evaluation Centre of which country to boost export of Textile and Apparel to the latter country?
- India signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with which country to design, make, and launch a satellite fabricated by students from both countries?
B) Sri Lanka
- Indian announced to pledge how much amount to the activities of the United Nations Peacebuilding Fund in 2021?
- Where did Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the country’s second Bench of the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT)?
- Which bank has appointed J K Shivan as managing director and CEO of the bank?
A) Bandhan Bank
B) Dhanlaxmi Bank
C) Karur Vysya Bank
D) RBL Bank
- According to a report by Brand Finance, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has been ranked at which position as the most-valued IT services brand globally?
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where id the HQ of Brand Finance situated?
A) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
C) Sydney, Australia
D) London, UK
- Where is the HQ of Oxfam, a charitable organization situated?
A) Nairobi, Kenya
B) Helsinki, Finland
C) Oslo, Norway
D) Copenhagen, Denmark
- Before Chennai, where was the only location of National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT)?
- Where is the HQ of Dhanlaxmi Bank situated?
- Where is the HQ of Bharti Axa General Insurance situated?
- Where is the HQ of United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) situated?
A) New York, USA
B) Rome, Italy
C) Gland, Switzerland
D) Sydney, Australia
- Where is All India Institute of Ayurveda situated?
- Where is the HQ of International Energy Agency situated?
A) California, USA
B) Paris, France
C) Brussels, Belgium
D) Vienna, Austria