Current Affairs 29 March 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 28 March 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of March 28, 2018
1. Which among the given financial institutions has announced to provide USD 500 million credit facility to Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) to fund its various development projects?
A) EXIM Bank
B) World Bank
Explanation: The Export-Import Bank, Exim Bank has announced that it will provide a USD 500 million credit facility to Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) to fund various development projects in western-south Africa.
2. Who among the given has been appointed as the Chairman of the central panel of the 65th National Film Awards?
A) Aditya Chopra
B) Vikram Bhatt
C) Shekhar Kapur
D) Anurag Singh Kashyap
Explanation: Veteran director Shekhar Kapur has been appointed as chairman of the central panel of the 65th National Film Awards. Mr Kapur is known for his work in Hindi cinema and International cinema.
3. Name the technology giant which has acquired the US based GIF search platform ‘Tenor’?
Explanation: Technology giant Google has acquired US-based Tenor, a GIF platform for Android, iOS, and desktop. Tenor’s GIF-searching functionality will be integrated into Google Images and Gboard, the company’s virtual keyboard.
4. Who among the given has clinched the gold medal in the 25 metres women’s Pistol event at the ISSF Shooting Junior World Cup?
A) Mahima Agarwal
B) Tanu Rawal
C) Devanshi Rana
D) Muskan Bhanwala
Explanation: Muskan Bhanwala won the gold medal at the Shooting Junior World Cup as she topped the women’s 25 metres Pistol event.
5. In a first of its kind initiative, India’s first Insect Museum has been launched in which state?
C) Tamil Nadu
D) Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: A Rs 5 crore insect museum with the state-of-the-art amenities was unveiled by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswamy at the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University. The museum, established at a 6,691 sqft area, is fully dedicated to insects and is first of its kind in the country.
6. Who among the following has been appointed as the new Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India (PSA to GOI)?
A) Krishnaswamy Vijay Raghavan
B) Maharaj Krishan Bhan
C) Obaid Siddiqi
D) L S Shashidhara
Explanation: Krishnaswamy Vijay Raghavan was appointed the principal scientific adviser to the government of India. Vijay Raghavan will succeed physicist Rajagopala Chidambaram who has been in the position for more than 16 years.
7. The government of India has extended the last date for linking Aadhaar with PAN till_____________
A) April 30
B) June 30
C) March 31
D) May 31
Explanation: The government has extended the deadline for linking Aadhaar with PAN for the fourth time by three more months, till June 30. It also extended the deadline for linking Aadhaar with the disbursal of benefits including subsidies under the social welfare schemes by three more months, till June 30.
8. The 17th edition of the Sub-junior National Wushu Championship has been organised in which city?
B) New Delhi
Explanation: The four-day 17th Sub-junior National Wushu Championship began in Jammu. The national level sports event is being organised in the winter capital city of Jammu by the the Wushu Association of India in collaboration with J&K State Sports Council at MA Stadium.
9. Name the mobile app launched by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs for the Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED)?
A) Tribal Zone
B) Tribes App
C) Tribal India
D) Tribes India
The Union Minister for Tribal Affairs, Jual Oram launched ‘e-Tribes: Tribes India’. It is an initiative for digital commerce at Tribes India Outlet in New Delhi. It included launch of e-commerce portal of TRIFED, www.tribesindia.com
, and M-commerce, the android app ‘Tribes India’.
10. Who has been appointed as the new President of Myanmar after the resignation of Htin Kyaw?
A) Win Myint
B) Aung San Suu Kyi
C) Myint Swe
D) Henry Van Thio
Explanation: Myanmar’s Parliament has elected Win Myint as the country’s next President, a week after the resignation of his predecessor Htin Kyaw.
11. The Ministry of Power has tied up with which Ministry for the speedy implementation of its electrification scheme SAUBHAGYA?
A) Ministry of Commerce & Industry
B) Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship
C) Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
D) Ministry of Rural Developement
Explanation: Ministry of Power partnered with the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship to train the manpower in six states (Assam, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Odisha and Uttar Pradesh) for speedy implementation of its SAUBHAGYA scheme. SAUBHAGYA (Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojna) aims to achieve universal household electrification in all parts of the country in a time-bound manner. Around 4 crore households are expected to get electricity connections under the scheme.
12. The Department of Post has recently launched Cool EMS Service between India and which country to deliver refrigerated food items for Indian customers?
Explanation: Ministry of Communications has launched the Cool EMS Service between India and Japan. Cool EMS service is one-way service from Japan to India which allows customers in India to import Japanese food items for personal use which is allowed under Indian regulations. Initially, Cool EMS Service will be available in Delhi only.
13. Who has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Ethiopia?
A) Hailemariam Desalegn
B) Mulatu Teshome
C) Abiye Ahmed
D) Abraham Tekeste
Explanation: Ethiopia’s ruling coalition has elected Abiye Ahmed as new Prime Minister, following the resignation of Hailemariam Desalegn last month.
14. The GOI has signed loan agreement worth USD 80 million with which of the following financial institutions to enhance educational and skill ecosystem in Himachal Pradesh?
A) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
B) World Bank
C) World Economic Forum (WEF)
D) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Explanation: The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed a USD 80 million loan to help modernise technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutions and improve the skills ecosystem in the state of Himachal Pradesh.
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
15. What is the currency of Ethiopia?
A) Ethiopian birr
B) Ethiopian nakfa
C) Ethiopian shilling
D) Ethiopian franc
Explanation: Capital – Addis Ababa
16. What is the currency of Myanmar?
Explanation: Capital – Naypyidaw
17. Identify the incorrect data about EXIM Bank?
A) Chief Executive Officer – Yaduvendra Mathur
B) Headquarter – New Delhi
C) Founded on- January 1, 1982
D) All are correct
Explanation: Headquarter – Mumbai
18. Identify the correct data about Asian Development Bank
A) The Asian Development Bank was established on 19 December 1966
B) The headquarter is in Philippines
C) Takehiko Nakao is the President of ADB
D) All are correct
19. The head quarter of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is located in which country?
A) Banjul, The Gambia
B) Praia, Cape Verde
C) Abuja, Nigeria
D) Monrovia, Liberia
Explanation: The Economic Community of West African States, also known as ECOWAS, is a regional economic union of fifteen countries located in West Africa.
Click here for the Current Affairs Quiz Section
One Thought to “Current Affairs Quiz: March 29, 2018”
An impressive share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing just a little evaluation on this. And he in fact purchased me breakfast because I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to debate this, I really feel strongly about it and love studying more on this topic. If attainable, as you turn into experience, would you mind updating your blog with more particulars? It’s highly helpful for me. Massive thumb up for this blog post!