Current Affairs 3 September 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 2 September 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of September 2, 2020
- When is National Nutrition Week celebrated in India?
A) September 2 to September 8
B) September 1 to September 7
C) September 3 to September 9
D) September 5 to September 11
- Who is the author of the children’s book, titled “The Big Thoughts of Little Luv”?
A) Shahrukh Khan
B) Tushar Kapoor
C) Saif Ali Khan
D) Karan Johar
- Who has been appointed as the Chairman of Press Trust of India, the country’s premier news agency?
A) Rajamani Venkataraman
B) Aveek Sarkar
C) Vijay Kumar Chopra
D) Viveck Goenka
- Who has been appointed as the new Election Commissioner of India after the former stepped down from the position?
A) Rajiv Kumar
B) Bibek Debroy
C) Vinod Khatri
D) Ashok Lavasa
- Hemant Khatri (Retd) has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of which defence shipbuilder company?
A) Hindustan Shipyard Ltd.
B) Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders
C) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
D) Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers
- Pramod Chandra Mody has been given a six-month extension till February next year as the chairman of which of the following?
A) Department of Revenue
B) Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
C) Central Board of Direct Taxes
D) Central Board of Excise and Customs
- The Cycling Summit to be hosted by the Cycling Federation of India (CFI) in 2021 The Cycling Federation of India (CFI) for the first time will not be held in which of the following cities?
- ‘Chhavni Covid: Yodha Sanrakshan Yojana’, a life insurance scheme to provide a cover of Rs 5 lakhs each to more than 10,000 employees working in cantonment areas across India will be provided through which insurance c ompany?
A) The New India Assurance
B) Life Insurance Corporation
C) United India Insurance
D) The Oriental Insurance Company
- Which state launched two citizen-centric mobile phone applications- Ama Sahar and Swachha Sahar on the occasion of Local Self Government Day?
C) Tamil Nadu
D) Madhya Pradesh
- Who will be the head of the committee set up by Defence Ministry to optimise the civil and military administrative appointments in the service headquarters?
A) Lt. Gen. R. Chandrashekhar
B) Lt. Gen. AN Das
C) Lt. Gen. Panag
D) Lt. Gen. Shekatkar
- According to the data released by the National Statistical Office, India’s GDP contracted by how much percent in 1st Quarter of 2020-21?
- According to State Bank of India’s research report – Ecowrap, real GDP for FY21 is expected to shrink by how much percent?
- India, Japan and which other country have decided to launch an initiative to build a resilient supply chain in the Indo-Pacific region later this year, as they seek to reduce dependence on China following its hostile political and military conduct?
- Which life insurance company has introduced its customer service chatbot ‘LiGo’ on ‘Google Assistant’?
A) HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
B) Life Insurance Corporation
C) SBI Life
D) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
- How much amount will be invested by the European Investment Bank (EIB) for the construction of Kanpur’s first city metro line?
A) €400 million
B) €700 million
C) €650 million
D) €450 million
- Where in India is the world’s largest ‘solar tree’ installed, which is developed by CSIR’s Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute?
- American animator Joe Ruby who passed away was well known for creating which animated series?
A) Bob’s Burgers
C) Batman: The Animated Series
D) The Simpsons
- Data Security Council of India and which online payments company have released a study report on Fraud & Risk Management in Digital Payments which talks about the sophisticated online payment fraud mechanisms, threats in the payment ecosystem, etc?
- Which airlines has introduced a portable ventilator for patients with mild-to-moderate breathing issues?
- What will be the total investment in the 27 projects given approval by the govt. under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan SAMPADA Yojana for development of integrated cold chains and value addition infrastructure in the country?
A) Rs 805 crore
B) Rs 743 crore
C) Rs 982 crore
D) Rs 627 crore
- What is the name of the galaxy discovered by a team of astronomers of a Pune based university which is found to be the farthest Star galaxies in the universe?
- Who has been appointed as the new Chief of Materiel of the Indian Navy?
A) Karambir Singh
B) R Swaminathan
C) G S Pabby
D) S R Sarma
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Cycling Federation of India situated?
A) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of ICICI Prudential Life Insurance located?
- Where is the HQ of European Investment Bank situated?
C) The Netherlands
- Where is the HQ of CSIR-Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute situated?
A) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
B) Durgapur, West Bengal
C) Hyderabad, Telangana
D) Mangalore, Karnataka
- Where is the HQ of Data Security Council of India situated?