Current Affairs 30 August 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 29 August 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 29, 2020
- Which country has co-sponsored UN security council resolution on women peacekeepers which was put forth by Indonesia?
D) South Africa
- What is the helpline number of mental health rehabilitation helpline ‘Kiran’ launched by the social justice ministry?
- Centre launched the integration of ICAR-IIHR Seed Portal with which bank’s Krishi web application?
A) Bank of Baroda
B) Indian Overseas Bank
C) State Bank of India
D) Punjab National Bank
- What is the outlay of the next-generation startup contest “Chunauti” which aims to encourage startups and software products with special focus on Tier-II towns?
A) Rs 78 crore
B) Rs 88 crore
C) Rs 95 crore
D) Rs 90 crore
- What is the name of the Kerala’s first marine ambulance acquired by the state fisheries department, launched in Kochi?
- In which state’s district, a campaign called ‘Iraada’ is launched with a view to cover the eligible left-out beneficiaries under various social welfare schemes?
B) Jammu and Kashmir
- Which educational institute has launched ‘world’s most affordable’ respirator mask?
A) IIT Hyderabad
B) IIT Patna
C) IIT Ropar
D) IIT Delhi
- Where did the National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language (NCPUL) organized the World Urdu Conference?
C) New Delhi
- In August 2020, which country launched India backed infrastructure projects for development of the Hulhumalé Central Park and renovation of the Arrival Jetty?
D) Sri Lanka
- What is the rank of India in terms of the average wage per month, according to a global ranking of average wages prepared by Picodi.com, an international e-commerce platform which provides discount coupons?
- Japanese sportsperson Ayaka Takahashi announced her retirement from which sport in August 2020?
- Sri Lankan sportsperson Tharanga Paranavitana announced his retirement from which sport in August 2020?
- Who has become the first bowler to take 500 wickets in T20 cricket in August 2020?
A) Lendl Simmons
B) Dwayne Bravo
C) Kieron Pollard
D) Andre Russell
- CEO Kevin Mayer of which company resigned amid US pressure?
- Which country’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe resigned citing health concerns?
- Name the teacher who has been selected for the National Award to Teachers (NAT).
A) Renuka Panwar
B) Shikha Joshi
C) Manvi Bansal
D) Sudha Painuli
- Name the former Judge of the Supreme Court who passed away in August 2020?
A) Madan Lokur
B) G S Singhvi
C) A R Lakshmanan
D) Umesh Chandra Banerjee
- Veteran coach Purshottam Rai passed away in August 2020. With which sport was he associated?
D) Table Tennis
- Harikrishnan Vasanthakumar who passed away recently was related to which profession?
- INS Viraat, the aircraft carrier that served the Indian Navy for 30 years before being decommissioned three years ago, will be now dismantled in which state?