Current Affairs 30 December 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 29 December 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of December 29, 2018
- By which date and year, all motor vehicles will come fitted with tamper proof high security registration plates?
Explanation: All motor vehicles will come fitted with tamper proof high security registration plates from April 1 to protect against counterfeiting.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 6th IRRI South Asia Regional Centre in which city?
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the IRRI South Asia Regional Centre at the campus of National Seed Research and Training Centre in Varanasi.
- Which country’s airline introduced world’s first single use plastic free passenger flight?
Explanation: Portuguese airline Hi Fly decided to bring about a change by introducing single use plastic free flight. The flight took off from Lisbon to Natale, Brazil, without a single piece of single-use plastic on board.
- Which state owned bank recently got Rs 2159 crore infusion from the government?
A)United Bank of india
C)Punjab National Bank
D)Indian Overseas Bank
Explanation: State-owned United Bank of India said the government has decided to infuse Rs 2159 crore in the bank as part of Rs 28,615 crore capital infusion to be done in about half a dozen banks.
- RBI allowed SIDBI to use existing how much amount corpus for lending to Micro Financial Institutions(MFI)?
A)Rs 1100 cr
B)Rs 1000 cr
C)Rs 1200 cr
D)Rs 1500 cr
Explanation: India’s institutional framework to support microfinance would get a boost with RBI clearing a proposal to dig in an existing Rs 1000 crore corpus for funding micro lenders. The development bank will now use the money to offer soft loans to Micro Financial Institutions(MFI) on a condition that end borrowers should get loans at 15-17 % rate, which is significantly lower than the prevailing 20-22% market rate.
- The RBI has increased the withdrawal limit for depositors of City Co-operative Bank ,Mumbai to how much amount?
Explanation: The RBI has increased the withdrawal limit for depositors of City Co-operative Bank ,Mumbai to Rs 5000.
- Which bank tops the list of most employees caught in fraud?
B)Kotak Mahindra Bank
Explanation: ICICI Bank has topped the list of banks with maximum number of employees on whom action has been taken in the last three years for involvement in frauds. In the last three years, action has been taken against 13,949 bank officials belonging to 60 PSU banks and private banks.
- Which country pipped China in FDI inflows for the first time in 20 years?
Explanation: For the first time in two decades, India has been getting more foreign investments that China.In 2018, India saw more than $38 billion of inbound deals compared with China’s $32 billion.
- RBI extended the enhanced single borrower limit facility for NBFCs sector to which date?
Explanation: RBI extended the enhanced single borrower limit facility for NBFCs sector by another 3 months to provide much needed liquidity support. This facility was valid till December 31, 2018.
- Who was named the Balkan Athlete of the Year?
Explanation: Croatia captain Luka Modric was named Balkan Athlete of the Year becoming only the second soccer player to scoop the prize after Bulgaria’s former European Footballer of the Year Hristo Stoichkov in 1994.
- Who was named America’s most admired man for 11th year in a row?
B)Richard R Verma
Explanation: Former President of USA Barack Obama has been voted the man most admired by Americans.
- Who won the inaugural “Digital Transformation Hackathon” at Cornell University“for designing a device to detect the actual pain level of a patient during a diagnosis?
Explanation: An Indian American teenager Mahum Siddique has won the inaugural “Digital Transformation Hackathon” at Cornell University“for designing a device to detect the actual pain level of a patient during a diagnosis.
- Former President Shehu Shagari passed away.He was the former President of which country?
Explanation: Former Nigerian President Shehu Shagari passed away in the country’s capital city of Abuja at the age of 93.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services?
- Where is the HQ of ICICI Bank?
- Where is the HQ of SIDBI?
- Where is the HQ of United Bank of India?