Current Affairs 31 August 2017 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 30 August 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 30, 2017
- With which of the following countries, India has signed an MoU for cooperation in the fields of Zebu Cattle Genomics and Assisted Reproductive Technologies?
C) South Africa
- Government of India with which country will issue a set of two commemorative postage stamps on the theme of Indian festival Diwali?
- As per the amended the Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States) Act, 2017, increased cess of _____ from 15% would be levied on luxury cars and sports utility vehicles.
- Name the head of committee appointed by the government to enhance the combat potential of the armed forces and re-balance defence expenditure.
A) M.L. Malhotra
B) K.S. Garewal
C) D.B. Shekatkar
D) F.D. Shankar
- As announced by the government, the existing deadline for linking Aadhaar to various government schemes for benefits has been extended from September 30 to _______
A) November 30 2017
B) January 2018
C) October 31 2017
D) December 31 2017
- Which of the following varieties of rice has been given the geographical indication (GI) status in August 2017?
A) Gandhasala rice
B) Gobindobhog rice
C) Laxmi Bhog rice
D) Molakolukulu rice
- Which state has decided to merge its existing seven health schemes to launch a unified scheme called ‘Arogya Bhagya’?
C) Andhra Pradesh
- A hanging bridge inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi in Kota, Rajasthan in August 2017 is built across which river?
- Which of the following will implement the Karnataka government’s ‘Ksheera Bhagya’ Scheme in Bengaluru, wherein school children would be provided a glass of milk each five days a week?
B) Bharti Airtel
- Where has the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) opened the Low Enriched Uranium Bank?
- Solar energy services company Freyr Energy has tied up which of the following banks for loans for solar rooftop installations in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh?
A) ICICI Bank
B) Axis bank
C) Federal Bank
D) South Indian Bank
- Which of the following insurance companies has come up with a ‘Point-of-Sale’- ‘PoS – Easy Bima Plan’ product targeted at the mass-market segment?
A) IDBI Federal Life Insurance
B) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
C) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
D) Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance Company
- Who has been named as the UEFA Women’s Player of the Year for 2016-17?
A) Lieke Martens
B) Amandine Henry
C) Pernille Harder
D) Wendie Renard
- Noted Singer-musician L.N. Shastry has passed away. He used to sing in which language?
Static GK related to Today’s Current Affairs
- What is the currency of Kazakhstan?
- Who is the current president of Brazil?
A) Vladimir Putin
B) Michel Temer
C) Emmanuel Macron
D) Malcolm Turnbull
- Who is the current Prime Minister of Canada?
A) David Johnston
B) Édouard Philippe
C) Dmitry Medvedev
D) Justin Trudeau
- Who is the current president of Israel?
A) Benjamin Netanyahu
B) Paolo Gentiloni
C) Reuven Rivlin
D) Malcolm Turnbull