Current Affairs 31 August 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 30 August 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 30, 2019
- How much amount was released by Centre to all states for promoting afforestation?
Explanation: The Centre released Rs 47,436 crore to various states in a major boost towards promoting afforestation and achieving green objectives in the country. The money is released under the Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA).
- Recently Union Minister Prakash Javadekar inagurated Gorewada International Zoo in which city?
Explanation: Union Minister Prakash Javadekar announced the approval for the new Gorewada International Zoo to be inaugurated in Nagpur district of Maharashtra.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched ten AYUSH health and wellness centres in which state?
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched ten AYUSH health and wellness centres in Haryana. The centres are in line with the Ministry of AYUSH’s commitment to making 12,500 AHWCs functional in the next three years.
- Recently Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated Aqua Aquaria India 2019 in which city?
Explanation: Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated Aqua Aquaria India 2019 in Hitex Exhibition Center, Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Recently which state CM inagurated ‘walk to work’ campaign under Fit India Movement ?
Explanation: Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma took the lead to launch the campaign of Fit India Movement which has been launched in the country by the Prime Minister.
The Chief Minister took a two-kilometer walk from his residential quarters to his office chamber at Main Secretariat, Shillong launching the #WalktoWorkMeghalaya which is a part of the ‘Fit India Campaign’.
- Which state launched Mukhyamantri Parivar Samridhi Yojana?
Explanation: Haryana Chief Minister, Manohar Lal Khattar launched Mukhyamantri Parivar Samridhi Yojana from Red Bishop, Panchkula.
- Recently Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the 26th Mela of Ladakhi-Kisan-Jawan-Vigyan Mela in Which city/UT?
Explanation: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the 26th Mela of Ladakhi-Kisan-Jawan-Vigyan Mela in Leh.
- Recently Dindigul lock and Kandangi saree of which state got Geographical Indication Tag?
Explanation: Two well-known products from Tamil Nadu — Dindigul lock and Kandangi saree — have been given the Geographical Indication (GI) tag by The Geographical Indications Registry in Chennai.
- Recently India and which other country introduced friendship bus service?
Explanation: A private transport company in Kathmandu has started a deluxe bus service for Siliguri in West Bengal. It will leave Kathmandu at 3 pm (local time) and reach Siliguri via Kakkarvitta-Panitanki along the Indo-Nepal border next day at around 11 am.
- Which states topped the list in Child well being index released World Vision India?
A)Kerala, Tamil Nadu, UP and Manipur
B) Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Himachal Pradesh and Puducherry
C)Meghalaya, Manipur, Odisha and Bihar
D)Bihar, Meghalaya, Himachal Pradesh and Assam
Explanation: Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Himachal Pradesh and Puducherry topped the charts in the child well-being index, a tool designed to measure and tracks children’s well-being comprehensively. Meghalaya, Jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh featured at the bottom, as per a report released by the non government organisation World Vision India and research institute IFMR LEAD. The report is an attempt to look at how India fairs on child well-being using a composite child well-being index.
- Recently researchers sighted a view of which critically endangered species in Eastern Ghats?
Explanation: In an interesting find, researchers have sighted a critically endangered species of tarantula for the first time beyond its known habitat in the Eastern Ghats.
- Recently which country carried out test missile of Ghaznavi?
Explanation: Pakistan has successfully carried out a night training launch of 290-km range surface-to-surface ballistic missile Ghaznavi. Ghaznavi was developed after studying Chinese M-11 missiles, which were delivered to Pakistan in 1987.
- At how much percent India GDP will grow in FY 2019-20 according to India Ratings and Research?
Explanation: India Ratings and Research has revised downwards its projection of the country’s GDP growth in financial year 2019-20 to 6.7%, a six-year low, from its earlier forecast of 7.3%.
- Which state felicitated several athletes with Biju Patnaik Sports Award?
Explanation: On the occasion of National Sports Day, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik felicitated several top players of the state with Biju Patnaik Sports Award at Jaydev Bhavan in Bhubaneswar.
- Who won the gold medal in the men’s 10m air pistol event of the World Cup at Rio de Janeiro?
Explanation: In shooting, Abhishek Verma won the gold medal in the men’s 10m air pistol event of the World Cup at Rio de Janeiro.
- The International Athletic Meeting 2019 held In which country?
Explanation: Indian sprinter VK Vismaya produced a personal best timing of 52.12s to clinch the gold medal in the women 400m run at the International Athletic Meeting – Josef Seck r Memorial (MJS) in Brno, Czech Republic.
- Who bagged the Forward of the Season award for the 2018/19 UEFA Champions League campaign?
Explanation: Barcelona’s Lionel Messi bagged the Forward of the Season award for the 2018/19 UEFA Champions League campaign.
- Who was re appointed as chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes?
C)Pramod Chandra Mody
Explanation: The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC), headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved “re-appointment” of Pramod Chandra Mody for a period of one year. Mody was to retire on August 31.
- Who was been sacked as MD of Moody’s India Unit ICRA Ltd?
Explanation: Moody’s India unit ICRA Ltd (Investment Information and Credit Rating Agency of India Limited) has ousted its Managing Director and Group Chief Executive Officer Naresh Takkar, nearly three months after the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) received an anonymous complaint alleging misconduct at the credit rating agency under him.
- Which company won Dun and Bradstreet PsU awards 2019?
Explanation: Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) has bagged the best navratna award in manufacturing category at Dun & Bradstreet PSU Awards 2019 consecutively for the second year in a row.
- Recently Nimu Bhowmik passes away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Veteran actor Nimu Bhowmik who essayed major character roles in Bengali classics such as ‘Ganadebata’, ‘Baghini’ and ‘Dadar Kirti’ has passed away following prolonged illness. He was 84.
- As announced by the Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Indian Bank will be merged with which of the following banks?
Explanation: PNB, OBC and United Bank to be merged (PNB will be the anchor bank). Consolidated PNB+OBC+United Bank to be 2nd largest PSB with Rs 18 lakh crore business and 2nd largest branch network in India. PNB will be the anchor bank in this merger.
Canara Bank and Syndicate Bank to be merged. Canara Bank will be the anchor lender.
Union Bank of India, Andhra Bank and Corporate Bank to be merged. Consolidated Union+Andhra+Corporation Banks to be 5th largest PSB with Rs 14.6L Cr. business & 4th largest branch network in India. Union Bank of India will be anchor lender in the this merger.
Indian Bank to be merged with Allahabad Bank. Consolidated Indian & Allahabad Banks to be 7th largest PSB with Rs 8.08 lakh crore business.
After the merger, the number of India’s public sector banks drops to 12 from 27 earlier.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the headquarters of Union Bank of India?
- Where is the headquarters of India Ratings and Research?
Ind-Ra is a 100% owned subsidiary of the Fitch Group.
- Where is the headquarters of ICRA Ltd (Investment Information and Credit Rating Agency of India Limited)?
It was a joint-venture between Moody’s and various Indian commercial banks and financial services companies.
- India’s player Elavenil Valarivan is related to which of the following sports?
Elavenil Valarivan is a sport shooter from Cuddalore, Tamilnadu.
- What is the constituency of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh?
- Who is the Chief Minister of Meghalaya?
C)Conrad K Sangma
D)Biplab Kumar Deb
- Who is the Chairman of the Rajya Sabha?
A)M Venkaiah Naidu
C)Ram Nath Kovind
Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu is an Indian politician and the current Vice President of India and the Chairman of the Rajya Sabha, in office since 11 August 2017.