Current Affairs 31 December 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 30 December 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of December 30, 2019
- Recently Leo Varadkar visited India.He is the current PM of which country?
Explanation: Indian-origin Prime Minister of Ireland, Leo Varadkar, is on a visit to India. Here he visited his ancestral village in Maharashtra’s Sindhudurg district.
- Recently UIDAI recorded how much successful Aadhaar updates–biometric and demographic—until 27th December, 2019?
Explanation: In just about a decade of its implementation in 2010, registrations under the Unique Identification Authority of India’s (UIDAI) Aadhaar project have crossed the 125-crore mark and these many residents of India now have a 12-digit unique identification number.
- Recently announcement by PM Modi,ISRO to launch which satellite to study Sun?
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his last ‘Mann ki Baat’ programme of this year said that the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is planning to launch a satellite called Aditya to study the sun.
- The strategically important Rabung bridge was inaugurated in which state?
Explanation: The strategically important Rabung bridge on the Migging-Tuting road in Arunachal Pradesh’s Upper Siang district was inaugurated by state Health and Family Welfare minister Alo Libang.
- Which state government launched ‘Abhinandan’, an education loan subsidy scheme?
Explanation: Assam Government launched ‘Abhinandan’, an education loan subsidy scheme that will provide a one-time subsidy of Rs. 50,000 in loan to 1546 students.
- Which state police to observe 2020 as year of women safety?
Explanation: Andhra Pradesh Director General of Police (DGP) Gautam Sawang asserted that the crime rate in the state has fallen by six per cent in 2019 as compared to the last year and added that the police department will observe 2020 as the “year of women safety”.
- The 87th annual pilgrimage of Sivagiri Mutt began in which state?
Explanation: The 87th annual pilgrimage of Sivagiri Mutt in Varkala has began in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the three-day event. The theme for this season is ‘Knowledge, Health and Spirituality’.
- Recently Indian Navybanned use of which social networking by his naval personnel?
Explanation: Soon after its seven personnel were allegedly caught leaking sensitive information to Pakistani intelligence agencies after being honey-trapped, Indian Navy has banned the use of Facebook by naval personnel.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched which online platform to increase the transparency in auctioning of assets attached by banks?
Explanation: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched eBkray, an online platform to increase the transparency in auctioning of assets attached by banks.
- HDFC Life Insurance has partnered with Which Company to expand its distribution?
Explanation: HDFC Life Insurance has partnered with Paytm to expand its distribution. The partnership is aimed to enable customers of Paytm to purchase insurance products from HDFC Life.
- Which Company has announced an agreement to acquire RiskRecon?
Explanation: Mastercard has announced an agreement to acquire RiskRecon. RiskRecon is one of the leading providers of data analytics solutions and artificial intelligence focused on cyber-risk and security and offering solutions to mitigate cyber risks faced by the companies.
- Recently Shadab Jakati announced his retirement from which sports?
Explanation: Goa spinner Shadab Jakati, who also played in the cash-rich Indian Premier League, retired from all forms of cricket. Jakati made his first-class debut in the 1998/99 season and played his last first-class game against Punjab in October 2017.
- Recently Cricketer Peter Siddle announced his retirement.He hails from which country?
Explanation: Australia’s pacer Peter Siddle announced his retirement from international cricket. Siddle ends his career at the 13th spot on the list of highest wicket-takers for Australia in the longest format of the game. He finishes with 221 wickets from 67 Test matches.
- Who was named captain of the Wisden’s T20 International team of the decade?
A)Faf Du Plessis
Explanation: India skipper Virat Kohli and pace bowler Jasprit Bumrah were the only Indians in Wisden’s T20 International team of the decade. Australia’s limited overs skipper Aaron Finch was named captain of the Wisden’s T20 International team of the decade.
- Who was sworn in as Maharashtra’s deputy chief minister?
Explanation: Ajit Pawar was sworn in as Maharashtra’s deputy chief minister for the second time in two months – this time as part of the Shiv Sena-NCP-Congress coalition government in the state as chief minister Uddhav Thackeray finally expanded his Cabinet.
- Who has been named as the country’s first Chief of Defence Staff (CDS)?
Explanation: Indian Army General Bipin Rawat has been named as the country’s first Chief of Defence Staff (CDS). The Chief of Defence Staff will be a 4-star General, the principal military advisor to the defence minister, and will head the new Department of Military Affairs.
- Who has been appointed new ombudsman of Delhi & District Cricket Association?
Explanation: The annual general meeting (AGM) of Delhi & District Cricket Association (DDCA) on Sunday appointed Justice (retired) Deepak Verma its new ombudsman.
- Recently Abdelaziz Djerrad was appointed as PM of which country?
Explanation: Algerian President Abdelmadjid Tebboune appointed Abdelaziz Djerrad as the country’s new Prime Minister. Djerrad replaces current interim PM Sabri Boukadoum and has been tasked by the President with forming a new Cabinet
- Recently the 88-year-old pontiff of Pejawar Mutt passedaway.Name him?
D)Vishwesha Tirtha Swami
Explanation: Vishwesha Tirtha Swami, the 88-year-old pontiff of Pejawar Mutt, passed away in Udupi. He was admitted to the Kasturba Hospital in Manipal for the treatment of extensive pneumonia.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the currency of Ireland?
- Where is the HQ of ISRO?
- Where is the HQ of MasterCard?
One Thought to “Current Affairs Quiz: December 31, 2019”
An impressive share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing a bit evaluation on this. And he in fact purchased me breakfast because I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I really feel strongly about it and love studying more on this topic. If potential, as you develop into experience, would you thoughts updating your weblog with more details? It’s extremely useful for me. Large thumb up for this blog publish!