Current Affairs 31 October 2017 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 30 October 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of October 30, 2017
- K S Achyutan who died on October 28, 2017, was the former director of which firm?
A) Star News
C) Times Now
D) Aaj Tak
Explanation: Former Director of Doordarshan K S Achyutan has passed away.
- Name the veteran actors who have received the Parmod Mahajan Smriti Award on October 30, 2017.
A) Rishi Kapoor and Mumtaz
B) Paresh Rawal and Hema Malini
C) Anupam Kher and Saira Banu
D) Amol Palekar and Asha Parekh
Explanation: Veteran Bollywood actor Anupam Kher has received Parmod Mahajan Smriti Award in Pune. Along with him, Saira Banu was also awarded the Pramod Mahjan Smriti Award.
- Who has been appointed as the new Vice Chief of Naval Staff on October 30, 2017?
A) Vishnu Bhagwat
B) Arun Prakash
C) Karambir Singh
D) Ajit Kumar
Explanation: Vice Admiral Ajit Kumar has assumed charge as the Vice Chief of Naval Staff. He succeeds Vice Admiral Karambir Singh who will take charge as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Eastern Naval Command.
- Name the cricketer who has attained the top most spot in the latest ICC rankings released on October 29, 2017.
A) Virat Kohli
B) AB de Villiers
C) Hashim Amla
D) Joe Root
Explanation: On October 29, as the ICC Rankings were updated, both the Indian captains Virat Kohli and Mithali Raj came out on top.
- Who have won the Erste Open title in men’s double event recently?
A) Rohan Bopanna and Pablo Cuevas
B) Saketh Myneni and Vijay Sundar Prashanth
C) Divij Sharan and Scott Clayton
D) Sander Arends and Antonio Sancic
Explanation: In a memorable day for Indian tennis , Rohan Bopanna won the Erste Open title in Vienna, Austria with Pablo Cuevas..
- Name the duo to win the 2017 Vietnam Open.
A) Ben McLachlan and Go Soeda
B) Saketh Myneni and Vijay Sundar Prashanth
C) John H. Millman and Dmitry Popko
D) Peter Polansky and Taylor Harry Fritz
Explanation: The team of Saketh Myneni and Vijay Sundar Prashanth clinched the Vietnam Open trophy at the Ho Chi Minh City.
- Name the player to win the 2017 Formula One world championship.
A) Juan-Manuel Fangio
B) Lewis Hamilton
C) Sebastian Vettel
D) Michael Schumacher
Explanation: Britain’s Lewis Hamilton has been crowned Formula One world champion after he finished ninth in a dramatic Mexican Grand Prix.
- The Reserve Bank of India has fixed the purchase price for the Sovereign Gold Bond (SGB) 2017 -18 Series-VI at Rs _______ per gram.
A) Rs 1,502
B) Rs 2,290
C) Rs 1,684
D) Rs 2,945
Explanation: The Reserve Bank has announced that the purchase price for the Sovereign Gold Bond (SGB) 2017 -18 Series-VI opening on 30th October has been fixed at Rs 2,945 per gram
- Which player has won the 2017 Mexico Grand Prix?
A) Max Verstappen
B) Sebastian Vettel
C) Lewis Hamilton
D) Kimi Raikkonen
Explanation: The race was won by Red Bull’s Max Verstappen but Mercedes’ Hamilton clinched his fourth drivers’ championship after Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel was unable to win the race following collisions between the trio on the first lap.
- As per the latest notification by the Government of India, how much amount of discount will be offered to the investors applying online and making the payment digitally for the Sovereign Gold Bond (SGB) 2017 -18 Series-VI?
A) Rs 50 per gram
B) Rs 25 per gram
C) Rs 35 per gram
D) Rs 40 per gram
Explanation: The government, in consultation with the RBI, has also decided to offer a discount of Rs 50 per gram to investors applying online and making the payment digitally.
- The centre has released Rs _____crore to states to compensate them for revenue loss following GST implementation.
A) Rs 9,955 crore
B) Rs 8,698 crore
C) Rs 7,450 crore
D) Rs 9,200 crore
Explanation: The centre has released Rs 8,698 crore to states to compensate them for revenue loss following Goods and Services Tax (GST) implementation.
- An Offshore Patrol Vessel named _________ was handed over by Larsen and Toubro to the Indian Coast Guard on October 30, 2017.
Explanation: An offshore patrol vessel (OPV), entirely developed in-house by Larsen and Toubro and the country’s first-ever such defence craft to be built in a private shipyard, was today handed over to the Coast Guard. The vessel named “Vikram”, built at Larsen and Toubro’s Kattupalli shipyard, was handed over to the Coast Guard ahead of the March 2018 delivery schedule.
- www.udyamimitra.in is a revamped portal of which of the given organizations?
A) State Bank of India
B) National Housing Bank
C) Exim Bank
D) Small Industries Development Bank of India
Explanation: Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has revamped its portal www.udyamimitra.in with enhanced features to provide easy access to credit and hand-holding services for micro small medium enterprises (MSME).
- With which financial group, Shriram Group called off its merger proposal after failing to reach a mutually acceptable swap ratio?
A) Jagran Prakashan Ltd
B) Can Fin Homes Ltd
C) HDFC Bank
D) IDFC group
Explanation: The IDFC Group and Shriram Group have decided to call off their merger proposal as they were not able to reach a mutually acceptable swap ratio.
- The Government of India has recently signed $ _____million Loan Agreement with the World Bank for the Assam Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project.
A) $ 250 million
B) $ 350 million
C) $ 200 million
D) $ 175 million
Explanation: The Government of India and the World Bank have signed a $200 million Loan Agreement for the Assam Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project.
- Name the head of the committee formed by the government to oversee the merger proposals of public sector banks.
A) Arun Jaitley
B) Piyush Goyal
C) Nirmala Sitharaman
D) Rajnath Singh
Explanation: Moving ahead with reforms in the public sector banking space, the government has constituted a ministerial panel headed by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley that will oversee merger proposals of state-owned banks.
- The fourth edition of the ‘i-Bharat 2017’ conference was held in which city?
A) New Delhi
Explanation: The first phase of the national optic fibre network, christened Bharat Net project — which aims to deploy high-speed optical fibre cables across rural areas — will be completed by December, 2017. This was announced by Aruna Sundararajan, secretary, department of telecommunications at the fourth edition of the ‘i-Bharat 2017’ conference held in the capital, based on the theme of ‘ICT Elucidations for Unserved and Unsolved’.
- What is the name of the portal launched by the MSME Ministry to empower entrepreneurs to directly register their cases relating to delayed payment from Public Sector Undertakings?
A) MSME Samadhaan
B) MSME Aadesh
C) MSME Nivaran
D) MSME Sheegra
Explanation: Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Shri Giriraj Singh launched MSME Delayed Payment Portal – MSME Samadhaan (http://msefc.msme.gov.in), empowering micro and small entrepreneurs across the country to directly register their cases relating to delayed payments by Central Ministries/Departments/CPSEs/State Governments.
- Who is the head of the panel appointed by Tamil Nadu government to investigate Jayalalithaa’s death?
A) K K Sasidharan
B) S Manikumar
C) A. Arumughaswamy
D) Rajiv Shakdher
Explanation: A Commission constituted by Tamil Nadu government and headed by former Madras High Court judge A. Arumughaswamy, has began a probe for the circumstances leading to the death of former Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.
- Which countries scientists have created the world’s fastest and shortest laser pulse to observe electrons in slow motion?
A) United States
Explanation: Scientists at Geneva, Switzerland have successfully created the worlds shortest X-ray laser pulse with a duration of just 43 attoseconds, an advance that will allow us to observe electrons in slow motion.
- The India-UAE Partnership Summit (IUPS) 2017 has been organized in which city?
A) New Delhi
B) Abu Dhabi
Explanation: The two-day India-UAE Partnership Summit began in Dubai to further accelerate bilateral trade and investment between the two countries. The Summit, with a theme of Investment Implementation, is to deliberate at how key projects in India can be executed with the support of the UAE based businesses and investors.
- The 2017 United Nations conference on nuclear energy has been organized in which country?
Explanation: The United Nations conference on nuclear energy started at Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE) on 30th October. The objective of the conference is to engage in dialogue on the role of nuclear power in meeting future energy demand, contributing to sustainable development and mitigating climate change. The meeting is also discussing key issues related to the development and deployment of nuclear power
- Name the ISRO’s geostationary communication satellite received by the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) to monitor Chinese border.
B) GSAT -17
D) GSAT 14
Explanation: After the Doklam standoff with the Chinese army, the government has armed the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) with ISRO’s geostationary communication satellite, GSAT-6, to supervise the nearly 3,500-km-long Sino-Indian border.
- India flagged off the first shipment of wheat for Afghanistan through which of the given ports on October 29, 2017?
A) Visakhapatnam Port
B) Chabahar Port
C) Karachi Port
D) Mongla Port
Explanation: Iran’s key strategic port of Chabahar became operational with the maiden shipment of wheat from India to Afghanistan flagged off by the foreign ministers of the three countries through video-conferencing.
- Which among the given railway track has recently been dedicated to the nation by PM Modi to reduce the distance between Bengaluru and New Delhi by 380km?
A) Tulu Nadu- South Karnataka
C) Malenadu- Kanara
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated the Indian Railways’ 110km Bidar-Kalaburgi railway track in the Hyderabad-Karnataka region that is aimed at reducing the distance between Bengaluru and New Delhi by 380km and travel time by six to eight hours
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- Sangram Dahiya is related to which of the following sports?
Explanation: RECENTLY- Indian shooter Sangram Dahiya won a Silver medal in the final round of the men’s double trap at the ISSF Shooting World Cup Final
- Gokul Natesan is related to which of the following sports?
Explanation: RECENTLY – Gokul Natesan becomes second Indian-origin player to be signed by NBA G-League side.
The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a men’s professional basketball league in North America; composed of 30 teams.
- SSP Chawrasia is related to which of the following sports?
- What is the maximum tenor of Sovereign Gold Bond scheme?
A) 6 years
B) 10 years
C) 5 years
D) 8 years
Explanation: The tenure of the bond is for a period of 8 years. However, there are exit options from 5th year to be exercised on the interest payment dates.
- What is the minimum amount for which investment can be done in Sovereign Gold Bond scheme?
A) 5 gms
B) 1 gm
C) 1 kg
D) Half kg
Explanation: One can invest for a minimum of 1 gm. However, in line with its objective, the investment limit per fiscal is capped at 4 kg for individuals.
6 Thoughts to “Current Affairs Quiz: October 31, 2017”
A) Visakhapatnam Port-India
B) Chabahar Port-Iran
C) Karachi Port- Pakistan
D) Mongla Port- Bangladesh
Who are the authorized agencies selling the SGBs?
Bonds are sold through scheduled commercial banks (excluding RRBs), SHCIL, designated Post Offices, National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. & Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd either directly or through their agents.
Throughout the awesome design of things you’ll get an A+ with regard to effort. Where exactly you confused everybody was on the facts. You know, as the maxim goes, the devil is in the details… And it couldn’t be more accurate here. Having said that, allow me tell you precisely what did work. Your article (parts of it) can be really persuasive and this is most likely why I am making an effort to comment. I do not really make it a regular habit of doing that. Next, while I can certainly notice the jumps in reasoning you make, I am definitely not convinced of just how you seem to unite the ideas which make the conclusion. For right now I will subscribe to your issue however hope in the future you actually link the dots much better.