Current Affairs 31 October 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 30 October 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of October 30, 2019
- Recently Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has released a special commemorative coin on whose 125th birth anniversary?
Explanation: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has released a special commemorative coin on Paramahansa Yogananda to mark his 125th Birth Anniversary. Ms Sitharaman said, Paramahansa Yogananda was a great son of India, who became so recognized globally.
- Recently India has decided to adopt which country model of human milk bank?
Explanation: The Centre has set a target of ensuring at least 70 per cent infants to have access to breast milk by the year 2025. The Target will subsequently be increased to 100 per cent. India has taken inspiration from Brazil’s success in the field of human milk bank decided to adopt a similar model in creating a wide network of human milk banks.
- Which has become the first State in the country to enact a law on contract farming?
Explanation: Tamil Nadu has become the first State in the country to enact a law on contract farming with President Ram Nath Kovind giving assent to the Agricultural Produce and Livestock Contract Farming and Services (Promotion and Facilitation) Act.
- Recently a team of researchers has discovered a new deep sea fish speciesism which state?
Explanation: A team of researchers has discovered a new deep sea fish species in Kerala waters. Glossanodon macrocephalus (common name Kerala argentine) with whitish and silvery body and white meat is edible.
- Which country has released a new coin to commemorate the 550th anniversary of Baba Guru Nanak?
Explanation: The government of Pakistan has released a new coin to commemorate the 550th anniversary of Baba Guru Nanak.
- According to a report by KPMG,Amazon,Apple and which other company tops the list of most disruptive firms?
Explanation: Amazon, Apple and Alibaba top the list of companies that tech industry leaders worry most about disrupting their business, according to a KPMG report.
- Who won the Indian Golf Union Junior National Championship 2019?
Explanation: Arjun Bhati has won the Indian Golf Union Junior National Championship -2019 by defeating Bangalore’s Aryan during the three-day final match at Tollygunge Golf Course in Kolkata.
- Who was appointed as Deputy National Security Advisor (NSA)?
Explanation: Former Mumbai Police Commissioner and Maharashtra DGP Dattatray Padsalgikar, was appointed as Deputy National Security Advisor (NSA).
- Who has been given additional charge of the Department of Expenditure?
Explanation: Secretary at the Department of Economic Affairs Atanu Chakraborty has been given additional charge of the Department of Expenditure.
- Who has been appointed as new director-general of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), a United Nations’ nuclear watchdog?
Explanation: Argentine diplomat Rafael Grossi has been appointed to succeed late Yukiya Amano as the new director-general of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), a United Nations’ nuclear watchdog.
- Recently Saad Hariri announced his resignation as PM of which country?
Explanation: Lebanon Prime Minister Saad Hariri announced resignation from the post amid a wave of protests against his government in nearly two weeks.
- Which Institute has secured the 17th rank globally in the ‘Financial Times Masters in Management Rankings 2019.?
Explanation: Indian Institute of Management Calcutta has secured the 17th rank globally in the ‘Financial Times Masters in Management Rankings 2019.’
- Which award has been constituted to commemorate All Time World Pioneers?
A)Mahatma Gandhi Prize
B)Gandhi Mandela Foundation
C)Gandhi Peace Prize
D)Nelson Mandela Prize
Explanation: The Gandhi Mandela Foundation, a New Delhi based non-profit organization, under the aegis of Interactive Forum on Indian Economy (a govt of India recognized 80G, 12A complaint), committed to the ideas of Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela, has constituted India’s first International Award, The Gandhi Mandela Award.
- Recently Mano passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Popular mimicry artist and actor Mano passed away in a tragic accident. He and his wife, were driving their car when the accident occurred. Their car lost control and hit the median where Mano suffered serious injuries and died on the spot.
- Recently Lokayukta NVenkatachala passed away.He was the former Lokayukta ofwhichstate?
Explanation: Former Karnataka Lokayukta and former Supreme Court Judge N Venkatachala passed away at the age of 89.
- Recently Digvijay Singh passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Former Rajasthan Home Minister Digvijay Singh (86) has passed away. Singh was unwell for several days.
- Recently first female UN Refugee Chief passed away.Name her?
Explanation: Sadako Ogata, a high-profile Japanese diplomat who served as the first female United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees from 1991 to 2000, has passed away.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the currency of Brazil?
- Whereis the HQ of Amazon?