Current Affairs 4 January 2021 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 3 January 2021 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of January 3, 2021
- In January 2021, PM Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of six LHPs under the Global Housing Technology Challenge-India (GHTC-India) in six states. Which state is not one of the following?
A) Tamil Nadu
C) Andhra Pradesh
PM Modi laid the foundation stone of six LHPs under the Global Housing Technology Challenge-India (GHTC-India). Modi said that the Light House Projects being executed with modern technologies in six states will show a new direction to the housing construction sector in the country and further strengthen cooperative federalism.
The six states are Tripura, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh.
- In January 2021, India Post announced to make the Post Office Savings Bank interoperable with other bank accounts by when?
A) June 2021
B) September 2021
C) March 2021
D) April 2021
India Post expects to make the Post Office Savings Bank interoperable with other bank accounts by April and will focus on enhancing digitisation of all services in 2021. The postal department during the lockdown was at the frontline to deliver essential parcels when rail, road and air traffic were grounded and continues to enhance capacity as trains are not fully operational yet.
- Which country has changed one word in its national anthem to reflect the spirit of unity and the country’s Indigenous population?
Australia has changed one word in its national anthem to reflect what the prime minister called the spirit of unity and the country’s Indigenous population.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison on New Years Eve announced that the second line of the anthem, Advance Australia Fair, has been changed from “For we are young and free” to “For we are one and free.”
- With which bank has that RuPay partnered to launch an innovative payment solution for Indian merchants – RuPay PoS in association with PayNearby?
A) CSB Bank
B) Bandhan Bank
C) RBL Bank
D) Federal Bank
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) announced that RuPay has partnered with RBL Bank to launch an innovative payment solution for Indian merchants – RuPay PoS in association with PayNearby.
- Goa’s 14-year-old Leon Mendonca has become India’s ___________ chess Grandmaster by winning the third and final norm at a tournament in Italy.
Goa’s 14-year-old Leon Mendonca has become India’s 67th chess Grandmaster by winning the third and final norm at a tournament in Italy. Mendonca, who achieved the feat at 14 years, 9 months and 17 days, is the second GM from the coastal state.
- Who Umesh Sinha has been appointed as the deputy election commissioner in the Election Commission of India?
A) Bhavesh Sethi
B) Umesh Sinha
C) Rakesh Gupta
D) Pritam Shah
Umesh Sinha has been appointed as the deputy election commissioner in the Election Commission of India. Sinha, a 1986-batch IAS officer (retired) of the Uttar Pradesh cadre, is at present the secretary-general in the commission.
- Who has authored the book titled “Sabarimala Vijnaanakosham”?
A) KS Vijayanath
B) TG Sinha
C) DP Subramaniam
D) BN Swami Iyer
Kerala Governor Arif Mohammed Khan released ”Sabarimala Vijnaanakosham,” a book written by KS Vijayanath. The Governor also presented a Limca Book of World Records certificate to Swami Maheswaranandu for erecting a 111 feet Shiv Linga sthoopa at the Shiva Paravarthy temple premises at Chenkal in Thiruvananthapuram.
- Alfredo Covelli, author based which country has launched his new book Vahana Masterclass for children and Young Audience?
Alfredo Covelli, an Italy based author has launched his new book Vahana Masterclass for children and Young Audience. The books will be illustrated and published by Scholastic India. Alfredo had a keen interest in our Indian culture and mythology which inspired him to write a story on Lord Ganesh for children.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of RBL Bank