Current Affairs 4 June 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 3 June 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of June 3, 2018
- Which among the following express trains has completed 88 years of successful service?
A) Pearl City
B) Tea Garden
C) Deccan Queen
Explanation: Deccan Queen, the legendary Express train, also known as Dakkhan ki Rani, that has formed an irreplaceable part of fairy tales and poems in the state of Maharashtra completed 88 years of service on June 1. Deccan Queen is India’s first deluxe train launched by the Indian Railways in 1930 to connect two of Maharashtra’s most prominent cities- Mumbai and Pune.
- Which among the given flowers has been named after PM Modi by the government of Singapore?
C) Ginger Lily
Explanation: The Government of Singapore has named an Orchid after Prime Minister Narendra Modi to commemorate his visit to the National Orchid Garden of Singapore.
- Under whose chairmanship, a high level stakeholders’ workshop on the Taj Mahal was conducted to protect the Taj from environment pollution?
A) Mahesh Sharma
B) Alphons Kannanthanam
C) Manoj Sinha
D) Jitendra Singh
Explanation: The Ministry of Culture held a high level stakeholders’ workshop on the Taj Mahal in Agra under the chairmanship of Minister of State (I/C) of Culture and Minister of State for Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Dr. Mahesh Sharma. Taj Declaration to ‘Beat Plastic Pollution’ was adopted pledging to make the 500 metres area in and around the Taj Mahal litter free.
- As per the government data, North Eastern Region witnessed net tax collection growth at ______percent in 2017-18 as compared to a year before.
Explanation: The Union Minister of State for Finance Shiv Pratap Shukla announced that the North East region has witnessed over 18 percent growth in direct tax collections in 2017-18. The net tax collection was Rs 7,097 crore representing 18.3 percent growth over the previous year.
- Renowned sports star Timothy Pereira passed away recently. He was former player of which sports?
Explanation: Timothy Pereira, a former international footballer who represented Tata FC, died after a prolonged illness. He was 75.
- Name the Mauritius Coast Guard Ship (MCGS) which has been refitted under “Service Life Extension Refit” programme by Indian Navy.
A) MCGS Barracuda
B) MCGS Valiant
C) MCGS Victory
D) MCGS Guardian
Explanation: The Indian Navy has completed the “Service Life Extension Refit” of a 32-year-old ship of the Mauritius Coast Guard. The Indian Navy began the refit of the Mauritius Coast Guard Ship (MCGS) Guardian on December 1 2018 at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai ensuring timely completion of its hull, engineering, electrical and weapon work package.
- Which state government has announced to implement state-of-the-art Unemployment Scheme for the unemployed graduate youth of the state?
B) Andhra Pradesh
C) Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: The Andhra Pradesh government has announced to implement a first of its kind Unemployment Scheme to cater the unemployed graduate youth of the state. Under the scheme, the unemployed graduate youths would get a monthly allowance of Rs 1,000 each with an upper age limit of 35.
- The Zero Based Natural Farming (ZBNF) Scheme has been launched by which state?
C) Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: The Andhra Pradesh has launched a Zero Based Natural Farming (ZBNF) scale-out scheme, aimed at benefitting around six million farmers by 2024.
- The DRDO successfully completed a first test flight of an advanced propulsion system SFDR that would enhance the range and agility of AAM & SAM missiles. What does SFDR stands for here?
A) Secondary Flight Display Repeater
B) Spurious Free Dynamic Range
C) Standard Flight Data Recorder
D) Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet
Explanation: India successfully carried out the flight test of Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) propulsion based missile from the Launch Centre-III of Integrated Test Range at Chandipur in Odisha. The advanced propulsion system would enhance the range and agility of air-to-air (AAM) and surface-to-air missiles (SAM). The Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) has been developed under a joint Indo-Russian R&D project
- Health Insurance Scheme “Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana” has been launched by which state for the Journalists?
C) West Bengal
D) Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: The Odisha Government has launched a Health Insurance Scheme called “Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana” for working journalists in the state. The health insurance scheme will be implemented in phased manner with effect from June 1, 2018. In the first phase, as many as 3,233 working journalists will get health insurance coverage up to Rs 2 lakh a year.At least five members of the journalists family will be covered under the scheme.
- The DRDO recently conducted the 6th successful test firing of nuclear capable Agni-5. The long range ballistic missile is a type of__________
A) air-to-surface missile (ASM)
B) surface-to-surface missile (SSM)
C) surface-to-air missile (SAM)
D) air-to-air missile (AAM)
Explanation: India successfully test-fired its indigenously developed nuclear capable long range ballistic missile Agni-5 with a strike range of 5,000 km. The surface-to-surface missile was launched from Dr Abdul Kalam Island off the Odisha coast. This was the sixth trial of the state-of-the-art Agni-5 ballistic missile.
- How many Indian tourist destinations have been identified by the government to be developed as iconic sites by way of organizing meetings and conferences by PSUs to promote tourism in the country?
Explanation: Following a suggestion by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Indian PSUs would organise Board meetings and conference at lesser known tourist destinations to help promote tourism in the country. The Ministry has suggested the names of five tourist destinations identified to be developed as iconic sites. These include Ajanta-Ellora (Aurangabad), Bodhgaya, Hampi, Khajuraho and Mahabalipuram.
- China has unveiled a new Earth observation satellite named ________ which will be used basically for agricultural resources research and disaster monitoring.
China successfully launched a new Earth observation satellite, Gaofen-6, which will be mainly used in agricultural resources research and disaster monitoring. The satellite was launched on a Long March-2D rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in northwest China. It was the 276th mission of the Long March rocket series.
A scientific experiment satellite named Luojia-1 was sent into space at the same time.
- PM Modi recently unveiled a plaque of Mahatma Gandhi at the immersion site of his ashes at the waterfront Clifford pier which is located in________
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Singapore’s Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong jointly unveiled a plaque to pay tribute to Mahatma Gandhi at the immersion site of his ashes at the waterfront Clifford pier in Singapore.
- Which state has introduced “Sandbox” to boost Fintech Innovation in the state?
A) Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: The Maharashtra Government has announced the opening up of a ‘sandbox’ to boost start-ups, aiming to develop the financial capital into a fintech hub. In this sandbox, all the start-ups will be welcome who can register, open their APIs (application programming interface) and banks can consume.
- The 2 days Conference of Governors and Lieutenant Governors has been organised in which city?
D) New Delhi
Explanation: A two day Conference of Governors and Lieutenant Governors will be held at Rashtrapati Bhavan on June 4-5, 2018.
- The 3rd National Health Editors’ Conference on Yoga is scheduled to take place in which city?
C) New Delhi
Explanation: The Minister of State for AYUSH (Independent Charge), Shri Shripad Yesso Naik will inaugurate the 3rd National Health Editors’ Conference on Yoga at Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY) in New Delhi on June 05, 2018 on the theme ‘Evidence Based Recent Innovative Research on Yoga – A Review of Yoga Research’.
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- Luojia-1 is a scientific experiment satellite of which country?
C) United States
- Mahabalipuram is a tourism spot in which Indian state?
B) Tamil Nadu
Explanation: Mamallapuram (Mahabalipuram) is a town on a strip of land between the Bay of Bengal and the Great Salt Lake in Tamil Nadu.
- Deccan Queen was unveiled in which year?
Explanation: Deccan Queen is India’s first deluxe train launched by the Indian Railways in 1930 to connect two of Maharashtra’s most prominent cities- Mumbai and Pune.
Click here for the Current Affairs Quiz Section